The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
jake lyle wrote: »
:confused:I think you'll find 'Frankie' is a district nurse and not a midwife and the writer Lucy Gannon began writing it in 2011 before CTM even aired.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1788902

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
      Forum Member
      Quite quick for a new thread.
    • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
      Forum Member
      GeorgeS wrote:
      They could give the pengiuns a rest for a while. Give some of the ugly animals a go.
      Fair enough, I guess ITV do that with Loose Women.
    • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
      Forum Member
      I'll never understand why more people would opt to watch an ITV prison doc than Dancng On The Edge and Black Mirror combined. People moan about the country's drama output in recent years then when two great ones or on the same night, they opt to watch crap like that. Glad the Speidi thing flopped for the same reason.
    • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Thank god for a new thread as today's discussion was awful. Yet again people unable to accept that ITV had a good rating programme. Remind me, some people think this thread is biased pro-ITV?!
    • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
      Forum Member
      Originally Posted by GeorgeS
      They could give the pengiuns a rest for a while. Give some of the ugly animals a go.
      Georged123 wrote: »
      Fair enough, I guess ITV do that with Loose Women.

George's selective memory has struck again. he seems to have forgotten that the previous 'Spy in the' series concentrated on Lions, Elephants, wildebeest, zebras, antelopes and Bees. Such pretty animals :rolleyes:
      He is probably too busy catching up with 'Cornwall with Caroline Quentin'.
    • patrick95patrick95 Posts: 416
      Forum Member
      ITV did well last night with Coronation Street and Aylesbury scoring good figures.

Glad Channel 5 flopped last night with there poor output- caught some of the Speidi programme and it was utter garbage.
    • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Predictably, the usual suspects smashed the 'break glass' and played the 'quality card' as they always do when ITV rates well.

Decent rating but it was apparantly rubbish programme so it doesn't count.

This card never seems to be played when discussing a BBC programme. Instead high ratings are praised above anything else even if it is the worst programme ever.
    • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      New thread! :)

The old one has made me laugh out loud today! :D
    • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Andy23 wrote: »
      Thank god for a new thread as today's discussion was awful. Yet again people unable to accept that ITV had a good rating programme. Remind me, some people think this thread is biased pro-ITV?!

I absolutely agree. Great ratings for ITV and the penguins did very well as well. What's the problem with people?. EE is back where it was before christams. Bad news.

Lack of local news and breakfast really dented the channel today. Down to 19.2% all day share. Back to normal today.

Just shows how important news is to the channel and ITV for that matter.

But the discussion has really been laughable! No shows flopped last night both did well. Penguins was up prisons did really well. Great to see good quality factual on both sides gaining more than 40% of the audience.

I think these factual shows may be a good way to help ITV they really do well.

Ken
    • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
      Forum Member
      F1Ken wrote: »
      But the discussion has really been laughable! No shows flopped last night both did well. Penguins was up prisons did really well.

Who said any different?:confused: You have totally misrepresented the whole thread which was about Factual programming and how the Prison genre is one that does well for ITV. It's the third one in 3 months.
      The new prison doc was down on the Strangeways series which was pointed out. Can that not be pointed out? You have no problem pointing out that EE is down.

The Victim complex is amazing, even by your standards.
    • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      It's like a school playground with all the BBC/ITV arguments. How old are some of you 5? And then there's the rudeness. This place is built on a foundation of insanity!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Who said any different?:confused: You have totally misrepresented the whole thread which was about Factual programming and how the Prison genre is one that does well for ITV. It's the third one in 3 months.
      The new prison doc was down on the Strangeways series which was pointed out. Can that not be pointed out? You have no problem pointing out that EE is down.

Wow! Sorry. :cry: I really did not mean to kick up a fuss. Okay it was down on the strangeways series? I don't see a problem. It's a different program.

Please don't hurt me Jake!!!! I'm a poor deranged fool really as you now know. :D

It's like my wife has joined DS! ;) "Shut up ken you stupid man!!"

Ken
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      cylon6 wrote: »
      It's like a school playground with all the BBC/ITV arguments. How old are some of you 5? And then there's the rudeness. This place is built on a foundation of insanity!

+42 years and your spot on! :D

I'm a 47 year old 5 year old. :D

Ken
    • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,625
      Forum Member
      Can't wait for this. Will be fascinating to see how well it rates.
      CHAT SHOW: Comic Relief's Big Chat with Graham Norton
      On: BBC 3 (7)
      Date: Thursday 7th March 2013 (starting in 16 days)
      Time: 19:00 to 01:00 (6 hours long)

(New)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=87587

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I absolutely agree. Great ratings for ITV and the penguins did very well as well. What's the problem with people?. EE is back where it was before christams. Bad news.

Lack of local news and breakfast really dented the channel today. Down to 19.2% all day share. Back to normal today.

Just shows how important news is to the channel and ITV for that matter.

But the discussion has really been laughable! No shows flopped last night both did well. Penguins was up prisons did really well. Great to see good quality factual on both sides gaining more than 40% of the audience.

I think these factual shows may be a good way to help ITV they really do well.

Ken

BBC won't be happy with EE returning to its pre Christmas ratings, as they say even a dead cat bounces. I did notice that another FM said EE was boring at the moment so maybe people have switched away until something exciting happens.

I see that in the list of popular shows for 18-49 Let's Dance is top with even Death in Paradise getting a slot yet no Corrie, Emmerdale but that's to be expected what's not expected is EE is not even in the top ten for 18-49.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

The Victim complex is amazing, even by your standards.

Chill mate, you are way to defensive about a bog standard tv show, relax and go with the flow.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      BBC won't be happy with EE returning to its pre Christmas ratings, as they say even a dead cat bounces. I did notice that another FM said EE was boring at the moment so maybe people have switched away until something exciting happens.

I see that in the list of popular shows for 18-49 Let's Dance is top with even Death in Paradise getting a slot yet no Corrie, Emmerdale but that's to be expected what's not expected is EE is not even in the top ten for 18-49.

Does that list include soaps? Turning round EE is a long term thing. I wonder where it will be in the autumn.

Ken
    • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Good news for FOX and Sky today, The Following was up 17% on last week to a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49. That follows a few weeks of declines down to last weeks 2.4.

The CW posted a 0 share for 90210 (0.2 rating). ABC had a good night with a very strong 3.0 for The Bachelor and a 2.2 for Castle.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/02/19/tv-ratings-monday-the-following-rises-how-i-met-your-mother-up-2-broke-girls-down-castle-beats-hawaii-five-0/169844/
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

I'm a BBC fanboy but congrats on ITV for a great documentary, I enjoyed it and it deserved the ratings, I also watched and enjoyed the penguin doc.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Dancc wrote: »
      Can't wait for this. Will be fascinating to see how well it rates.

It seems there making more of an event of Comic Relief by having Wednesday and Thursday programmes on BBC3, cross coverage like this is a good way of BBC3 supporting the main channel as suggested in the DFQ.

As for last nights ratings, I don't get the whole fuss over quality and expectations, both sound like average quality factual programming that got average ratings.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Does that list include soaps? Turning round EE is a long term thing. I wonder where it will be in the autumn.

Ken

Ah ken I assumed that it does include the soaps, beginning to think the list exclude them be good to get clarity on it.

Regarding EE it's anyone's guess where it's ratings will be come autumn but if we have a stonking good summer which I hope will happen it will have a knock on effect on ratings for all soaps but with EE being stagnant they may witness a further decline in ratings.

Ms Newman is not cutting the mustard and EE needs a strong hand at its helm.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      danisfunny wrote: »
      It seems there making more of an event of Comic Relief by having Wednesday and Thursday programmes on BBC3, cross coverage like this is a good way of BBC3 supporting the main channel as suggested in the DFQ.

As for last nights ratings, I don't get the whole fuss over quality and expectations, both sound like average quality factual programming that got average ratings.

That's an excellent point. This sort of thing is the future of BBC Three and Four. Supporting the main channels. Some will hate this but I think it's a good move.

Ken
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Ah ken I assumed that it does include the soaps, beginning to think the list exclude them be good to get clarity on it.

Regarding EE it's anyone's guess where it's ratings will be come autumn but if we have a stonking good summer which I hope will happen will have a knock on effect on ratings for all soaps but with EE being stagnant they may witness a further decline in ratings.

Ms Newman is not cutting the mustard and EE needs a strong hand at its helm.

Oh god I am praying for it. Spend all summer down the beach hut swimming and relaxing! Oh lovely.

:)

EE was shunted onto BBC two for 2 weeks last year and had c4 London 2012 to deal with so without all that it could help I suppose.

Ken
    • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Oh god I am praying for it. Spend all summer down the beach hut swimming and relaxing! Oh lovely.

:)

EE was shunted onto BBC two for 2 weeks last year and had c4 London 2012 to deal with so without all that it could help I suppose.

Ken

Long range forecast is currently for a warm-to-hot spring with above average temperatures and a wet summer with temperatures near normal or slightly above.
    This discussion has been closed.