The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    I do think too they'll struggle to keep an audience for 90 minutes of non-stop auditions, especially if they're edited the same way as last year with most being shown in full (well, as full as auditions get on such shows) rather than packaged into VTs.

I agree. I watched the auditions last year and it was ok but the pace was really slow. I don't know if I could watch 90 minutes of that in one go, especially if Danny annoys me as much as he did last year (with his - I will only press the buzzer once someone else has act!)

I think it will be ok in the ratings this year, won't get up that high again but could be consistent around the 7-8 million mark.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent average of 7.7m for SNT! Peak of 8.8m
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Good rating. But what was the share? It normally gets 29/30pct. If it got same share as that, it was the snow which helped.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member

Inc or exc +1? Either way that is absolutely superb!
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Inc or exc +1? Either way that is absolutely superb!

Inc +1

The Voice execs will be shaking in their boots...
    Forum Member
    I think the snow and the appearance of PJ and Duncan helped :D
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's a Gud rating for snt:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly though no claims of it being the highest rating show of the day. Could something on the BBC have beaten it??
    Forum Member
    Interestingly though no claims of it being the highest rating show of the day. Could something on the BBC have beaten it??
    BBC regional news maybe?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I think the snow and the appearance of PJ and Duncan helped :D

There were large parts of the country where it wasn't snowing:D
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow, it was a great show.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    Im amazed at the ratings mrs browns boys gets just for repeats of the show. A shame there is not a new series to put there. A comedy wall would be great for bbc one saturday evenings rather than chasing itv to find the next best entertainment format.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    BBC regional news maybe?

Good shout! :)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Im amazed at the ratings mrs browns boys gets just for repeats of the show. A shame there is not a new series to put there. A comedy wall would be great for bbc one saturday evenings rather than chasing itv to find the next best entertainment format.

Brendan has hinted heavily that there will be a new series of MBB in 2014 and there might even be a Christmas special.
    Forum Member
    I think its best for Itv to keep Snt just 7episodes a year, keeps it fresh. No point bringing it back in the Autumn, just keep it one series a year.
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Brendan has hinted heavily that there will be a new series of MBB in 2014 and there might even be a Christmas special.

The beeb need to handcuff him to the writing desk and offer him some of that 22 million that jessie will I am and tom jones got. Mrs brown wipes the floor with any competition now! Even the repeats.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it the highest Saturday night rating of the year so far? I take it that it includes +1?
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exc +1: 7.33m (31.7%), peak: 8.24m (34.8%)
    Inc +1: peak: 8.78m (37.1%)
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, even the share went up for Snt too. So it wasn't just the weather which helped it cos thats its best share of the series so far and has momentum. Bit worrying for the Voice next Saturday.
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, even the share went up for Snt too. So it wasn't just the weather which helped it. Bit worrying for the Voice next Saturday.

If there is more people watching because of the snow the share will also probably inflate too. I think maybe the figures are boosted by the cold weather. Its like producing the show in january. All ratings must be higher surely
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its best for Itv to keep Snt just 7episodes a year, keeps it fresh. No point bringing it back in the Autumn, just keep it one series a year.

Bringing it back in the autumn is only in the minds of some here, it's never been considered anywhere else

Anyway, with SNT on fire ths is 'bad news' for The Voice :D
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Exc +1: 7.33m (31.7%), peak: 8.24m (34.8%)
    Inc +1: peak: 8.78m (37.1%)

Looks like the ratings XF got last series. Great shares there for SNT.

Any other ratings?
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    If there is more people watching because of the snow the share will also probably inflate too. I think maybe the figures are boosted by the cold weather. Its like producing the show in january. All ratings must be higher surely

If all ratings are boosted by the snow proportionally though then the audience share will remain the same for all shows.

Fantastic rating for SNT last night and thoroughly deserved too.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for SNT being tired old filler TV then?
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see SNT continue to defy the predictions of its ratings collapse its been doing this now for 5 weeks in a row
This discussion has been closed.