Forum Member
✭✭✭
24 Hours in A&E

Channel 4

(Season four)

Wed, Nov 13

21:00-22:00

Six episodes

Return of the documentary following life inside one of Britain's busiest A&E departments at King's College Hospital in south London.

The staff treat patients involved in serious road accidents, including 48-year-old retired soldier Steve, who was found unconscious at the wheel.

11-year-old schoolgirl Scarlett, who has been knocked down by a car, and Pauline, 70, who was hit by a vehicle that mounted the pavement, seriously injuring her lower legs.

Comments

• Options
    singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God not again, how many more episodes can they do, they have covered it all now?
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't this just end? tbh I was bored towards the latter half of the series, it want on far too long. Might give this a miss.
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy this programme, but do wish they wouldn't dwell for so long on individual not-so-serious cases. I'd rather they focused on the non-stop "incoming" rather than just 4 or 5 cases . . . . But still, it's one of the only medical shows I watch.

Xx
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, enjoy this :)
  • Options
    SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Used to love this but got bored through the last series.I must say I loved all the doctors and nurses on the show and it made me appreciate the work they do and what shit they have to put up with
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I used to love this but the 'themes' each week annoyed me.

I just wish they would concentrate on showing the best cases from each 24 hours than specific themes.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this and can't wait :D

I liked it being a longer series last series even if many of the episodes made me cry ;)
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Cracking show, think it's wasted on a fair number of those watching it mind.
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    I used to love this but the 'themes' each week annoyed me.

I just wish they would concentrate on showing the best cases from each 24 hours than specific themes.

Yes,I agree just show us a good cross section of cases from 24hours ..... In A&E !!

xx
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would be nice if they moved the camera's to a different A&E maybe a city up north
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I'm-a-pain wrote: »
    Yes,I agree just show us a good cross section of cases from 24hours ..... In A&E !!

xx

There are other shows that just point the camera at whatever comes in, watch one of those instead.
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I like watching this. I have been to A & E a few times myself, the last time when my 2 year old pushed a bead up her nose. I couldn't get it out. I was there not long before when she swallowed a bit of lego. My 7 year old fell off a wall and broke his arm and my 5 year old fell down the stairs and then I fell over a toy and fell down the stairs and someone left the stair gate open and one of my triplets fell down the stairs. Stairs are dangerous! I don't want to see this sort of thing on TV so I am glad they have the themes.

I feel I must mention that my oldest has never fallen down the stairs but she did fall out of a tree once and had to be taken to A & E.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they said at the end of the last series that it wouldn't be back until next year.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably will end up watching this but can't help thinking this is lazy tv as well as overkill now. There's really no need for 2 series in one calendar year.:sleep:
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Probably will end up watching this but can't help thinking this is lazy tv as well as overkill now. There's really no need for 2 series in one calendar year.:sleep:

I hope that you are not accusing Channel 4 commissioners of being lazy:mad:
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening All - nearly time :)
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all :) This is one of my favourite programmes, so I'm glad it's back
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    This feels like its on all year round now
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    This feels like its on all year round now

Didn't the last series finish just recently? Or am I imagining things.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »

Hi Andagha, Yes it did.

Bilateral open fractures - really nasty
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »

yeah just a few months ago
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that poor lady :( A case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Not feeling pain doesn't sound good
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    That's just a scratch on that lady's leg.

Just dab a bit of TCP on it and wrap it up in a bandage and send her on her way.