Options

Steve Backshall

Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
Forum Member
The perfect man?!

Handsom, strong, caring, funny, intelligent...the list goes on!

Is there anything the man can't do?! 😜

Comments

• Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    Is there anything the man can't do?! 😜

Get along with Ola, apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    Get along with Ola, apparently.

Well can anyone?!!!
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The perfect man?!

Handsom, strong, caring, funny, intelligent...the list goes on!

Is there anything the man can't do?! ��

Huh!?

I find him unattractive, sickly, smarmy , cheesey and comes across as 'weak' a traite I find extremely unappealing..

Urrrrrgh all plasticine..ish :(
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^
    See your point. You only have to look at this year's holiday video
    :(

http://youtu.be/yCSzwnUczcw
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    ^
    See your point. You only have to look at this holiday video
    :(

http://youtu.be/yCSzwnUczcw

Your last link was amazing, I forgot to thank you.
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Huh!?

I find him unattractive, sickly, smarmy , cheesey and comes across as 'weak' a traite I find extremely unappealing..

Urrrrrgh all plasticine..ish :(

I love that for every point of view, there is always someone who disagrees. :):)

Personally, I really like Steve, for his venturesome spirit, his wholehearted enthusiasm, his passion for wildlife and his really excellent butt. ;-);-)
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pay attention to backshall. The beeb know they have a winner there. Chris hollins got lots of work due to this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love that for every point of view, there is always someone who disagrees. :):)

Personally, I really like Steve, for his venturesome spirit, his wholehearted enthusiasm, his passion for wildlife and his really excellent butt. ;-);-)

Your final point was very well made!!! I agree wholeheartedly!

It's funny how we see people in different ways. I'd never have thought he was smarmy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pay attention to backsall. The beeb know they have a winner there. Chris hollins got lots of work due to this.

To be fair Steve has had a lot of work for several years now on the BBC.

The 'Deadly 60' series are fab. They really inspire children to want to discover more.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    I've just posted on another thread that I find him very irritating but can't really say why.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your final point was very well made!!! I agree wholeheartedly!

It's funny how we see people in different ways. I'd never have thought he was smarmy!

BIB Me neither :confused::confused: but I can understand how some people might be irritated by his enthusiasm. :(:(
  • Options
    Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I grew up watching Deadly 60 and therefore I like Steve. It was one of my fave shows when I was younger :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I've just posted on another thread that I find him very irritating but can't really say why.

You don't have to give a reason :) your opinion is your own and you're entitled to it :cool:
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member

Me too. I suspect he puts me off because I haven't seen any evidence of him having any noticeable sense of humour and he seems to take himself terribly seriously. May be unfair but I don't get the Steve love at all.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't have to give a reason :) your opinion is your own and you're entitled to it :cool:

I'm sure that's wrong
    :p
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is great. The world could do with more people like Steve.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    For some reason, which is probably an indication that I have deep-down, sick and disturbing psychological issues, I don't personally find myself attracted to Steve, even though I can appreciate why all those mums like watching his programmes with their kids. I do, however, find it interesting to have someone on Strictly who has an English and Theatre Studies degree, a Biology degree, is currently studying for a Masters in Herpetology, writes children's novels, Rough Guides and serious articles for newspapers, has a black belt in judo, does rock-climbing and kayaking, travels through remote regions of the world, campaigns for the environment and animals and makes programmes for adults as well as children.

I find it more interesting to watch someone who comes from a completely different world and is far out of their comfort zone than watching someone from stage school doing a variation on their day job and delivering what is expected. Steve isn't quite up there, in terms of dance ability, with the likes of Ramps, Austin or Colin Jackson but those kinds of celebs do embody the spirit of Strictly more than the stage-schoolers. I also like that he stands for things and has stuff to say, rather than just using his celebrity to endorse products.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew up watching Deadly 60 and therefore I like Steve. It was one of my fave shows when I was younger :)

I liked him on Deadly 60 but he comes across as a bit grubby for some reason. And its not his fault, but I am getting fed up with Darcy's orgasmic mutterings about his strong arms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    I'm sure that's wrong
    :p

Lol Monkey! On some threads, it definitely is ;-);-)
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh very digital spy

I remember not liking him...and not remembering why...
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm completely in love with him and want to marry him and have lots of babies......

There. I've said it. Going back to sleep now :D
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason, which is probably an indication that I have deep-down, sick and disturbing psychological issues, I don't personally find myself attracted to Steve, even though I can appreciate why all those mums like watching his programmes with their kids. I do, however, find it interesting to have someone on Strictly who has an English and Theatre Studies degree, a Biology degree, is currently studying for a Masters in Herpetology, writes children's novels, Rough Guides and serious articles for newspapers, has a black belt in judo, does rock-climbing and kayaking, travels through remote regions of the world, campaigns for the environment and animals and makes programmes for adults as well as children.

I find it more interesting to watch someone who comes from a completely different world and is far out of their comfort zone than watching someone from stage school doing a variation on their day job and delivering what is expected. Steve isn't quite up there, in terms of dance ability, with the likes of Ramps, Austin or Colin Jackson but those kinds of celebs do embody the spirit of Strictly more than the stage-schoolers. I also like that he stands for things and has stuff to say, rather than just using his celebrity to endorse products.

Very well put. You have said exactly how I feel about the likes of Steve. Its a pity that they don't have more of this type of celebrity rather than the stage school types who start off with a big advantage over everyone else. They leave me cold.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's like the anti-Mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Some people just get you like that! For me it's Victoria Beckham!! No idea why but I have to switch off if she's on TV!
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a nice man.
    But I hate his "Lets see if this animal freaks out when I poke it" wildlife programmes.