Options

10,000BC CHANNEL 5 mon 2nd feb

emailsemails Posts: 11,282
Forum Member
✭✭
noted this in radio times today i think what could be a new reallity tv show 10,000 BC on channel 5 starting next monday its where 12 brave brits journey back in time to the stone age or at least a remote wilderness in bulgaria as they try to survive for 12 moths by hunting & foraging for food. swapping warm mordern clothes & labour saving divices for animal skins & basic tools. sounds interesting i wounder how they would cope? i woundered if this was the channel 5 s answer to the BBCS castaway show? or turn back time?

Comments

• Options
    cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    noted this in radio times today i think what could be a new reallity tv show 10,000 BC on channel 5 starting next monday its where 12 brave brits journey back in time to the stone age or at least a remote wilderness in bulgaria as they try to survive for 12 moths by hunting & foraging for food. swapping warm mordern clothes & labour saving divices for animal skins & basic tools. sounds interesting i wounder how they would cope? i woundered if this was the channel 5 s answer to the BBCS castaway show? or turn back time?

I've seen the ads, and I'm not sure if it's a drama under the premise of a reality show..
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj592 wrote: »
    I've seen the ads, and I'm not sure if it's a drama under the premise of a reality show..

I had the same thought, looked a bit like Siberia. The participants seemed to be acting.
  • Options
    White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw the ads.

Love the quote from that woman contestant that went something like "The trouble is people have evolved 12,000 years since cave men and so can't live like this now".

So what's she's essentially saying is people have evolved to live from Sainsburys!

Bullsh*t.

The trouble is people have gone soft. Children can't play outside because they might hurt themselves. They can't do adventurous things with Scouts etc or after school groups because someone might get injured or killed. What do they think happened to the children for the last 100 years and yet most of us are alive and well. Some risk is an essential part of childhood and growing up and yes the odd person might get killed or injured if something goes wrong eg if a canoe turns over when canoeing and you can't get out, but it's that risk and exposure and enjoyment and team building from activities like that, that make people well rounded individuals that can cope with life.

It's like dogs and fireworks. You hear on estates "My poodle "itsy" is scared by fireworks so fireworks should be banned." Well stop treating it like a child, expose it to noise and allow it to grow up out of the puppy stage! What do you think happens with gundogs? Do you think they're some special breed that likes noise? No. They're not treated like children but loved pets and they're exposed to noise and encouraged to tolerate it as well as taken outside in to the "rough" countryside.

Maybe if people weren't so paranoid about shooting, fishing etc, more people would be able to survive in situations like this. Yep you can say it's a reality programme. But if anything ever goes seriously wrong in this country, I foresee a lot of starving people dying outside of Sainsburys whilst those who've had a more rounded upbringing and who shoot, hunt and fish, are out in the countryside with full bellies surviving.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being CH5, I wonder if there will endless twists aimed at provoking arguments
  • Options
    cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being CH5, I wonder if there will endless twists aimed at provoking arguments

Haha. With phone votes and face to face cannibalism. :)

I am looking forward to it. Is the MTV show different?
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj592 wrote: »

It's an actual reality show: http://realitybox.co.uk/10000-bc-meet-contestants-channel-5s-new-reality-show

I'm really looking forward to this, it's totally my sort of thing. I'm just wondering how C5 will manage to ruin it.
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be good for a laugh, especially when they decide one of them is possessed by evil spirits and stone him. Or maybe they will censor that bit.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I'm gonna give this one a go :D
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Big Brother thread
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening Big Brother people, fancy seeing you all :D Haven't we just been talking...lol
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bulgaria, an odd location.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Evening ,, thanks for the thread

not sure if i am going to like this tbh
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening BB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically a bunch of TOWIE types wearing animal skins.
  • Options
    TracyTracy Posts: 6,229
    Forum Member
    That was quick from when they went in to being shown 3 or 4 months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Will they see Uncle Bulgaria at all ;-)
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Time travelled from BB. :)
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That boys a survivor, he'll miss his mum making his bed and doing his tea mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That chap thinks he's playing some Zombie game and will expect crisps on tap.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There won't be any tricks:o
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    "We have to provide a safety net... people will die"

That's why I'm watching! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Evening ,, thanks for the thread

not sure if i am going to like this tbh

They should include a ski jump.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently 2 walk within the first 48 hrs...can't take the heat or something like that.
  • Options
    MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Evening Big Brother people, fancy seeing you all :D Haven't we just been talking...lol

Yeah, but most of us were drowned out by big gob Cami :o:D
    ___

Not sure I've the energy for another 'reality' show - but I'll give this a go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Had to be somewhere darkly European, they'd only have to walk five minutes to bump in the National Trust over here and a coast path.:D