DS Fantasy Eurovision 69: Explore the outside of holes in Rimini

Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
Forum Member
Wow. Just wow. It took a whole 68 contests for Italy to win, but Francesca Michielin finally brought back the gold for one of the most successful non-winning countries in DSFE.

Make sure to read the rules before singing up:

1. Does not exceed 5 minutes in length.
2. Released during or after 2005
3. Did not chart in the UK Top 40
4. Eurovision artists allowed as long as it's not the song that was performed on stage, same for NFs.
5. The song was not previously in any DSFE contest, check the wiki for details.
6. The artist must be from your country (unless if it's a microstate which allows borrowing - rules applied), or have a connection through parents or grandparents ONLY. Any other connections will not be accepted. If you decide to send someone for a country due to a tie with parents or grandparents, please send me proof of the connection. We don't want another Senor Loco on our hands xD
7. You must vote in the QF/SF that your country is in, otherwise your country will be disqualified.

I have 60 countries on my list, so only 30 people will be able to compete, however I have an idea which will be expressed below. Please state your thoughts. The deadline for signups will be Wednesday 26th at 1PM UK time. There will be no changing of songs or votes (unless ineligible). I can also give my personal opinion on songs if you want me to but a reminder it's only my opinion.

Comments

• Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Alright, I was thinking of having 6 addition Rest-Of-The-World countries, 1 for every continent (and 2 for Asia). Thoughts? They would compete in the QFs like anyone else.
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    I am infamous now, I shall be on the rules forever. :D

I don't know whether to sign up here or via PMs, but I definitely want to sign up. I love the Rest of World idea too. Would the person who gets them choose the country or would they be chosen for them?
    Forum Member
    They would be chosen and it'd be like ther good/bad country. All sign-ups will only be accepted by PM.
    Forum Member
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    They would be chosen and it'd be like ther good/bad country. All sign-ups will only be accepted by PM.

Chosen by who? :p
    Forum Member
    It would be like their country. I don't mean chosen as in me of course, I mean chosen to be their country as in randomly chosen
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg yes, I love Rest of the World! I petition not to include USA though :p
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for what North Korea have to offer... So ronery.
  • Lurker62Lurker62 Posts: 3,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexos wrote: »
    Omg yes, I love Rest of the World! I petition not to include USA though :p

Hopefully it's Canada for North America. :blush:
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    AxG wrote: »
    Can't wait for what North Korea have to offer... So ronery.

I think you're best staying away from North Korea after what happened to you when we went to Iran... :D

Btw, the contest tagline...
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,194
    Forum Member
    Wow, that's the smuttiest tagline you could ever see. I love it :D You'll have my PM tomorrow Yugi :)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend wasn't impressed when she seen the thread title, I did tell her bits not a dirty contest, well apart from the slutpop
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, am I the only one not to love the Around the World idea? They're just getting more and more frequent (first the 4 Asian countries, then the inclusion of Australia, and then the Colosseum round) and I just feel like it defeats the purpose of the game.

Otherwise I'm very much looking forward to this :)

Btw, I do realise I sound like a annoying pessimist a lot atm, but I'm just expressing my opinion :D
    Forum Member
    Only just realised what the RoW really means. :D
    Forum Member
    Continuing the thread from 68, what about Luxembourg as Germany 2, Liechtenstein as a joint Austria/Switzerland 2, & split Belgium into Flanders which can be Netherlands 2 & Wallonia as Belgium. Only way I can see to keep both Dutch & German microstates.
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see your points, but why change it now after all this time? There's a backlog of German/Dutch etc entrants for these microstates, so Liechtenstein will still be able to choose from certain German artists anyway (for example).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Continuing the thread from 68, what about Luxembourg as Germany 2, Liechtenstein as a joint Austria/Switzerland 2, & split Belgium into Flanders which can be Netherlands 2 & Wallonia as Belgium. Only way I can see to keep both Dutch & German microstates.

I think that sounds great tbh, much more realistic too. Or you could just keep Belgium as it is and get South Holland back as Netherlands 2.
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    So how do we sign up now that it's not a pick contest?
    Just PMing the host saying '' I want in ''? :p
  • MiesBouwmanMiesBouwman Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikabv wrote: »
    I think that sounds great tbh, much more realistic too. Or you could just keep Belgium as it is and get South Holland back as Netherlands 2.

Okay, if you're going to make conclusions about which area belongs where because of it making sense I want to veto South Holland. It's not the south of holland in the sense that it's not the entire south of the netherlands. it's just a province (one of 11), and there's nothing that distinguishes it from another province.They don't have their own language and the flag isn't recognisable. Frisia would make much more sense to me as the flag is very well known and Frisian is an official language (all the EU documents have to be published in Frisian as well even).
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stanld03 wrote: »
    I can see your points, but why change it now after all this time? There's a backlog of German/Dutch etc entrants for these microstates, so Liechtenstein will still be able to choose from certain German artists anyway (for example).

I agree with Dan and don't think it should be changed.
  • MiesBouwmanMiesBouwman Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Dan and don't think it should be changed.

+1. It's fine for me as it is.
    Forum Member
    Although I imagine Luxembourg as culturally closer to the Netherlands than Germany (mika?) & obvs Liechtenstein is German-speaking so there is a link.
    Forum Member
    I've already received 15 signups (including myself!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Although I imagine Luxembourg as culturally closer to the Netherlands than Germany (mika?) & obvs Liechtenstein is German-speaking so there is a link.

I wouldn't say that actually. Most of Luxembourg is more similar to Belgium (and France too), although the northern/North-eastern part is very Close to Germany. I don't really find any huge resemblance to the Netherlands, apart from the flag and the historical aspects.

But I'm not sure what we're going for here, realism or easyness in terms of song searching. Part of the fun is also searching for good songs with limited territory... But it's not my contest so It's up to Yugi in the end
    Forum Member
    Yugimuto1
    Stanld03
    Lurkey62
    ChickenFromKiev
    TerryP
    phill363
    alwaysanigel247
    avb
    JordanC55
    mikabv
    March Mornings
    yoshi94
    ChrisROE Hughes
    Carlisle156
    poshbloke
    GreekFan
    BethnalGreen
    andrewdk
    aliyah101
    AxG
    Gwen 404

have all signed up so far.
    Forum Member
    I take it we're getting our countries after the sign-up period?