No 'Miss' option on Ryanair - Please help!

derek1234derek1234 Posts: 858
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi there,

On the Ryanair booking forum, I have noticed that there is no 'Miss' option for booking the flights. There is only a 'Mrs' or 'Ms.'

What option should I book for a Miss Jones? I am worried as you have to show ID to fly etc.

Please help. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms would be best. That is all encompassing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Ms. You aren't married so you can't put Mrs :)
    I always put Ms and I'm fine.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek1234 wrote: »
    Hi there,

On the Ryanair booking forum, I have noticed that there is no 'Miss' option for booking the flights. There is only a 'Mrs' or 'Ms.'

What option should I book for a Miss Jones? I am worried as you have to show ID to fly etc.

Please help. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I would have thought Mr would be more appropriate
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Ms can be used for either Miss or Mrs. It works on the theory that you can't tell if a man is married by 'Mr' so why should you know the marital status of a woman through 'Miss' or 'Mrs'.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you definitely can't use Mrs if you're not married so, by process of elimination, Ms. is the most appropriate option for you.
  • Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The solution is simple, don't fly with Ryanair. All they will do is rip you off anyway. Don't be fooled into getting one of these so-call free, or next-to-nothing offers, because Ryanair don't give two hoots about the law. You will end up paying about one hundred pounds, for a ticket that has been advertised for only ten pounds. When they cancel your flight, they will try to re-book you on another flight that doesn't allow the offer tickets, you will then be forced to pay the full price. They will charge you for checking your luggage in and stop you from carrying cabin bags. If your flight is delayed they will flout the law (because according to them the law doesn't apply to Ryanair), they will not provide you with food, water or accommodation, as proscribed by the law.

You are not allowed to complain. You cannot contact them, for a start, except by paying for a two pounds a minute premium rate phone line, on which they keep you on hold for about twenty minutes. You are not allowed to e-mail them. If you try to complain at the airport, they have been instructed to contact security, at some airports they actually have bouncers employed to prevent complaints getting through.

Once they have your money they don't give two hoots about you as a customer, in fact all they want to do is get more money from you. I believe they actually create the poor service, just so you are forced to call their profit making complaints line.

P.S. I don't really expect this post to remain for very long, as they have have their legal teams scouring forums, just like these, looking for key words such as, Ryanair, complain, service, profit and law. If you want to know more, got to www.ryanaircampaign.org
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lufthansa only has Mrs, Mr, Dr, PHD and a bunch of others :o When I was 16 and flying to Germany I had to put Mrs on the forum. Nobody picked up on it. I do it every year now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    The solution is simple, don't fly with Ryanair. All they will do is rip you off anyway. Don't be fooled into getting one of these so-call free, or next-to-nothing offers, because Ryanair don't give two hoots about the law. You will end up paying about one hundred pounds, for a ticket that has been advertised for only ten pounds. When they cancel your flight, they will try to re-book you on another flight that doesn't allow the offer tickets, you will then be forced to pay the full price. They will charge you for checking your luggage in and stop you from carrying cabin bags. If your flight is delayed they will flout the law (because according to them the law doesn't apply to Ryanair), they will not provide you with food, water or accommodation, as proscribed by the law.

You are not allowed to complain. You cannot contact them, for a start, except by paying for a two pounds a minute premium rate phone line, on which they keep you on hold for about twenty minutes. You are not allowed to e-mail them. If you try to complain at the airport, they have been instructed to contact security, at some airports they actually have bouncers employed to prevent complaints getting through.

Once they have your money they don't give two hoots about you as a customer, in fact all they want to do is get more money from you. I believe they actually create the poor service, just so you are forced to call their profit making complaints line.

P.S. I don't really expect this post to remain for very long, as they have have their legal teams scouring forums, just like these, looking for key words such as, Ryanair, complain, service, profit and law. If you want to know more, got to www.ryanaircampaign.org

lol. Unusual Rant of the Day award definitely goes to this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bookends wrote: »
    Well you definitely can't use Mrs if you're not married so, by process of elimination, Ms. is the most appropriate option for you.

Problem is though Bookends, is that when you try to check-in, the person at the counter, employed by Ryanair, will deny you passage, because the name on the ticket does not match the name on the passport. They will then cancel your ticket, not give you a refund (because they will say it is your fault), then re-sell your ticket.
  • EricVonMarkovicEricVonMarkovic Posts: 98
    Forum Member

You seem to be very mad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not forgetting, of course, their latest trick. Tickets purchased through cost comparison websites, were all cancelled by Ryanair, last year and not refunded. They never bothered telling anyone and waited for people to turn up at the airports. When they arrived, with no choice but to travel (otherwise they would have lost their holidays), they screwed even more money out of them to pay for their tickets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is though Bookends, is that when you try to check-in, the person at the counter, employed by Ryanair, will deny you passage, because the name on the ticket does not match the name on the passport. They will then cancel your ticket, not give you a refund (because they will say it is your fault), then re-sell your ticket.

Do passports even show a title? Any title? I don't think mine does...

Obviously they show a name... and if the actual name doesn't match then I'd say they may well have a point...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seem to be very mad.

Do you really think Ryanair have your interests at heart?
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just use the Ms option. I use Ryanair all the time. I think they are great, especially if you live in regional areas like I do.
  • EricVonMarkovicEricVonMarkovic Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Do you really think Ryanair have your interests at heart?

Yes. Why wouldn't they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am with you Flyboy152 - truly they are wrong 'uns. I prefer to pay the higher "up front" prices with a regular airline and then not have to pay extra to board the plane, bring on my luggage, extrat to breathe, etc etc. You can only buy tickets with a Visa card too for some reason - I don't know why but I am 100% sure they make money from that too!! They don't do anything without it being turned it a cynical and horrible moneymaking exercise! They leave a very bad taste in my mouth and it's an all round unpleasant experience flying with the shysters. :mad:
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    'Miss Jones' is a good name for the hotel room at the other side as well...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it it can't be profitable to sell cheap flights. So they need to get their money elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair I imagine that... even with all the "extras" (which is much the same with any budget airline I think)... they are much cheaper than a regular airline. You can't expect to pay very cheap fares and still get the same level of service and comfort... they're just going to give you the absolute bare minimum that regulations demand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've flown with Ryanair twelve times in the last two years and I've had no complaints at all. Have I just been lucky? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tizzy wrote: »
    I've flown with Ryanair twelve times in the last two years and I've had no complaints at all. Have I just been lucky? :confused:

Maybe you just started out with a different level of expectation?

If they're already low you're less likely to be disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just use Ms and I'm not married :D

I don't have problem with Ryanair but it's a bit crap if your flight gets diverted as it takes them ages to get a coach to take you to your original destination (eg. Belfast to Derry or Dublin to Derry!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bookends wrote: »
    To be fair I imagine that... even with all the "extras" (which is much the same with any budget airline I think)... they are much cheaper than a regular airline. You can't expect to pay very cheap fares and still get the same level of service and comfort... they're just going to give you the absolute bare minimum that regulations demand.

Aye, that is why I said that prefer to pay for the higher up front costs of the scheduled airlines. I seem to pay £90-125 all in for most of my UK, Ireland and North Europe flights and it seems to work out only maginally more than Evilair and is miles better in service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doc Shmok wrote: »
    Let's face it it can't be profitable to sell cheap flights. So they need to get their money elsewhere.

Then they should be honest about the true cost of the tickets and not rip the public off. I wouldn't mind so much of they told us how much we would end up paying at the end.