Options

Yay! Lee!

2»

Comments

• Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have loved an Alex win - if only because of the perverse satisfaction I take in schadenfreude.

But...... way to go Lee - grab the opportunity and prove to the English grammar/spelling pedants that there is more to life than the ability to spell;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Lee. I didn't mind if it was him or Claire but I think Lee will be a better 'apprentice'. :)
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Would have loved an Alex win - if only because of the perverse satisfaction I take in schadenfreude.

But...... way to go Lee - grab the opportunity and prove to the English grammar/spelling pedants that there is more to life than the ability to spell;)

Where the hell is the champagne thread :)
  • Options
    MutintaMutinta Posts: 9,974
    Forum Member
    Congrats to Lee. I felt he really deserved it and I was very happy that he won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katenutzs wrote: »
    Where the hell is the champagne thread :)
    :o:o:o
  • Options
    pammi_ipammi_i Posts: 6,851
    Forum Member
    I think I could tolerate Lee as my boss :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »

I'm very pleased for Lee! I'm also a stickler for spelling and grammar (a "pedant", if you like, which by the way is just another word for teacher...) and I hope he learns both very soon... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    That is ridiculous. Just like last year, when Ruth Badger was obviously better (or was that the year before?). Claire was so obviously better. PAH.

Must have been the year before because last year was when Christina was obviously a lot better and the upper class twit bloke was hired instead (after that nasty woman had been challenged and resigned in the final).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!! "That's what i'm talking about"

At last!! The one i wanted to win actually won :):)

Well done Lee, what a gent he is :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank god Helene (gob shi**) never won! I cant stand the woman and her god awful accent. Shes such a miserable cow as well
    Her accent? what is the problem with it? Northern? English? :confused:

None of them had great diction to be honest.
  • Options
    bluejoolsbluejools Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I’ve wanted Lee to win ever since Raef was fired. :)
    me too.
    im delighted for lee, i really thought claire had it in the bag
    so im well chuffed.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really pleased to see Lee win. I've had a feeling he'd make it and liked him from the start. He had so much enthusiasm. Well done :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was no fan of Lee's but he and Claire worked well together and deserved to be the two finalists. Would have preferred Claire to get it but oh well. :p Well done! :)
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An almighty Woohoo! from our front room too. :)

Well done Lee. Maybe not the best man for the job yet but definitely the most deserving. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    That's what I'm talking about!!
    Was so delighted, was the only one in my house rooting for him and HE WON!!!!! WOOOOOOO! Good luck Lee!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pammi_i wrote: »
    I'm very pleased for Lee! I'm also a stickler for spelling and grammar (a "pedant", if you like, which by the way is just another word for teacher...) and I hope he learns both very soon... ;)
    Yes - the origin of pedant is indeed teacher, although that definition is now obsolete in favour of indicating someone overly concerned with minutiae.

Normally I worry only about my own spelling and grammar, and don't presume to give others an English lesson, unless asked.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    LEE FTW!

I was sure Claire was going to win, but Lee pulled it out of the bag on the final task.

I personally think he is the best man for the job, I would love for him to be my boss - looks like he could motivate a corpse...!

Also - check out HOLY MOLY!'s interview - this'll cheer you up on a wet thursday morning! (well, it worked for me!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7vTMAjViAr4
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else, but as the episode went on, I felt myself willing Lee more and more on. His bumbling attempts to do a presentation and then suddenly knocking it out brilliantly. I think his passion and enthuisiasm exceeded Claire's. Who was also great. She did spend a lot of time doing dodgy interviews pointing out Lee's weak points but Lee just got on with it, in fact he rarely slagged anyone off all series. I'm not saying he deserved to be the apprentice, that person is and will always be Rafe. But out of those four, I'd say he deserved it....just.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I liked everything about Lee and am very glad he won
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:DFTW!
    Yay Lee, Yay! Good on ya my son! :p;)
    I was abosolutely chuffed to bits that he won! Was cheering for him from the start, loved everything about his character, he's very, very hot too which is always a bonus. :o:p
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    :D:D:DFTW!
    Yay Lee, Yay! Good on ya my son! :p;)
    I was abosolutely chuffed to bits that he won! Was cheering for him from the start, loved everything about his character, he's very, very hot too which is always a bonus. :o:p

And here I was thinking the programme was about business acumen and management skills. :(