how long will it last

marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How long will they last,. will seems alot nicer than charles but he seems to look more like him every year. She will get bored of him i think.

Could this be another diana.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read this as meaning how long would the cermony last......
    oops
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    How long will they last,. will seems alot nicer than charles but he seems to look more like him every year. She will get bored of him i think.

Could this be another diana.

It has more than a fair chance of going the distance. There is no comparison between this wedding and Diana and Charles.

These two know each other and have lived with each other for donkey's years... she has had plenty of time to get bored of him, and he her..... and yet... its going to the altar. Charles and Di's marriage did not last as long as this courtship !!!!

Having said that........... she has been living the rehearsal for years... not the real thing. She may well find that life among the courtiers and all the crapola that comes with being part of this zoo is not quite all she had imagined it to be !.

Time will tell I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long with it last? including the evening do? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    the fact theyve been apart, been together, been with others and shesnot kept herself tidy... probably longer than previous royal marraiges
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they have a better chance of happiness than William's parents ever did. They chose eachother after all, Kate wasn't picked out for him by Charles and the Queen. They have been together quite a while and seem to be good friends as well as loving eachother. I don't think William is like his father, not in looks or manner (Harry is actually beginning to look very like Charles). He is much better looking than Charles ever was, not that looks are everything and I do remember when the single Prince Charles was considered quite dashing and attractive, if not actually handsome. William looks more like his mother.

I hope the marriage lasts. They have a better chance of making a go of it than some.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I think they have a better chance than Charles and Diana, but I am not totally sure about Kate Middleton. I think there is a hard, calculating edge to her and William often appears to be subservient to her, except when he broke it off with her. She brought him into line quickly enough by going out on the town and flirting with other guys.

The age difference is better than Charles and Diana. Kate should be able to relate to him better because of that and they will be more likely to have shared interests which was a big question mark with William's parents.

I dunno...I think they will stay together, but I think William, who seems to have quite a gentle nature, might well be pussy whipped as time goes on. I have a feeling that even if he dared to have qualms, he will keep quiet for a peaceful life because I don't think she will be backwards in coming forwards when it comes to telling him what she wants.
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    I think it has more chance than Katie and Alex Reid.:D
    Forum Member
    That wouldn't be too difficult to achieve! :D
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the fact theyve been apart, been together, been with others and shesnot kept herself tidy... probably longer than previous royal marraiges

Sorry!... what do you mean exactly here?....not kept herself tidy?....:confused:
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd guess between 4 and 6 years.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF Kate loves William as much as he seems to love her, I'd say they could have a long, long future together.
    Forum Member
    I am not sure what it is about Kate Middleton. I am not totally convinced of all this hearts and flowers love thing between them. He always looks smitten...she looks like the cat that got the cream. I reckon she isn't shy about shoving him away from the bowl of Whiskas when it suits her.

Personally I think she loves what he is more than who he is and that might not make for a peaceful union in the long run.

Just sayin'.... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Ya, she looks like what she likes is the idea of being queen, it's easy to read and you don't have to be cynical to see it.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    justmise wrote: »
    I read this as meaning how long would the cermony last......
    oops

Me too, lmao :D
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    I am not sure what it is about Kate Middleton. I am not totally convinced of all this hearts and flowers love thing between them. He always looks smitten...she looks like the cat that got the cream. I reckon she isn't shy about shoving him away from the bowl of Whiskas when it suits her.

Personally I think she loves what he is more than who he is and that might not make for a peaceful union in the long run.

Just sayin'.... ;)

I think the same there is just something about her that doesn't sit quite right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I think the same there is just something about her that doesn't sit quite right.

Do you think that would make for a long marriage if she was more interested in being royalty?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLC was showing a special on it and they said that, at the time of Prince Andrew's Divorce, every royal wedding since the Queen's had ended in divorce.

They showed a clip of Prince Edward and his fiance Sophie. I see the same male pattern baldness that William has.

I'm not a big fan of weddings in general, nor am I a big fan of the royals. But the TLC show is interesting anyway. They talked about Prince Charles being allowed to marry a divorcee and the Constitutional issues around it.

I doubt Kate and William will divorce. Usually couples who have been together that long do make it.

I do find it interesting how standards changed. They didn't talk about this on the show, but apparently the future monarch cannot marry a Catholic. At one time divorce was taboo and it's seems more common now. Still, though, the son in the family is always in line ahead of his sister, even if she is older. That seems strange. If that situation did arise, I wonder what would be done about it.

Statistically it doesn't look good for William and Kate, considering three of the Queen's four children are divorced, though Anne and Charles are remarried. But William and Kate seem to have a lot of common sense and I don't think they are rushing into this. They're probably more likely to make it than anybody.