dont you think the royal family will be "downgraded" now

mousymousy Posts: 926
Forum Member
✭✭
That a real commoner is marrying into the family? beginning of the end of royal blood lines I reckon.

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the first time, I hope they continue unchanged for many years
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    New genes in the family can only be a good thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I think I know what you mean...Kate has no Royal blood....at least no more than the rest of us because at the end of the day a large majority of population are on the same family tree.

In the old days of course they looked for a Princess or someone from a directly related blood line. If nobody was available then the higher eschelons of the Aristocracy were searched for a suitable girl. In Diana's case, she was a member of a family who were reasonably high up in seniority among other aristocratic familes, so she was considered suitable. Her bloodline was related to, but not close to the Royals and so it was considered there was sufficient distance between them genetically as to not provide problems with children.

Kate, no matter how much they might drag distant mutual relatives out of the woodwork is a commoner. She has no real connection either through family or with social connections to the Royals. I imagine that the Queen and the others are holding their breath at the moment because although Kate is being all demure, nobody really knows which way she will jump once the ring is on the finger.

However she does have the advantage of bringing new blood and DNA to the family genes which can't be a bad thing. Unfortunately the Windsor genes are immensely strong as we can see with William who really does look more like his father every day. Diana's genes obviously weren't diverse enough to make a real difference. You only have to look at the other Royal grandchildren to see how strong the Windsor genes are . Zara and Peter have the same look about them. I think that Kate and William's family have a strong chance of breaking that mold. I hope they do really because just by looks the Windsors are not a beautiful bunch, but then I guess they don't need to be!