Adventure Time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
Forum Member
Does anyone here watch this cartoon? It is currently on Cartoon Network and has some really amazing storylines.
I know lots of current cartoons are smart-arsed and sassy with characters like Poochie from The Simpsons but this one is totally brilliant and inventive whilst being suitable for all ages.
If you haven't seen it, I recommend giving it a chance

Comments

• AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I've seen a few episodes.

It is one of the funniest animations I've seen around in the last few years.
    I agree with you about the typical American style of cartoons where all the characters are wisecracking and sassy smart arses. They bore me rigid.
    But Adventure Time is something different. I'd recommend it too as I think it would appeal to British sensibilities.

Another American animation in the same vein as Adventure Time is The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack which I'd also recommend highly.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    It's mathematical!

A similar cartoon is Bravest Warriors, which is made by the same guy who made Adventure Time, but it's not on TV, it's a webseries on youtube.

Here's the first episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDOscUDQ_0
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I see Jake, I can't help but to think that John DiMaggio also voiced Marcus Fenix in the Gears of War game series, and they couldn't be two characters further apart :)
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've discovered ITV air it on Saturday mornings at 8 now as well.