Wanted Down Under

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A couple wanted to emigrate with their three kids, but the 14 year old daughter - not the guy's - didn't want to go. So the mum had to contemplate leaving her with a family friend, if they decided to go. At 14, unless she decided to emancipate herself, surely the mother could insist on her going? The husband had taken voluntary redundancy, so the wife was the only wage earner and would, consequently, be the main visa applicant. She was a nurse practitioner, and he had no intention of getting a job. If my mum and dad had wanted to emigrate when I was that age, even if I hadn't wanted to go, they would have made me. Whilst a child cannot expect their parents not to go, just because one of their children wants to stay at home, I would feel absolutely awful if my parents could actually leave me to go to the other side of the world. Even if I didn't want to go, at least I would know they loved me if they inisisted I go. How this woman could even consider leaving the daughter, not fathered my her current husband, yet take the partner's three kids must be so hurtful.
Emigrate if you want to, but take ALL of your children. And the guy, wanted abetter life, but wanted his wife to be the one to work all the hours to achieve it. More fool her.

Comments

• Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    A couple wanted to emigrate with their three kids, but the 14 year old daughter - not the guy's - didn't want to go. So the mum had to contemplate leaving her with a family friend, if they decided to go. At 14, unless she decided to emancipate herself, surely the mother could insist on her going? The husband had taken voluntary redundancy, so the wife was the only wage earner and would, consequently, be the main visa applicant. She was a nurse practitioner, and he had no intention of getting a job. If my mum and dad had wanted to emigrate when I was that age, even if I hadn't wanted to go, they would have made me. Whilst a child cannot expect their parents not to go, just because one of their children wants to stay at home, I would feel absolutely awful if my parents could actually leave me to go to the other side of the world. Even if I didn't want to go, at least I would know they loved me if they inisisted I go. How this woman could even consider leaving the daughter, not fathered my her current husband, yet take the partner's three kids must be so hurtful.
    Emigrate if you want to, but take ALL of your children. And the guy, wanted abetter life, but wanted his wife to be the one to work all the hours to achieve it. More fool her.

They can want to emigrate to Oz all they like but with only her being a nurse and a layabout man for a husband there's no way they will get a visa.

Re the 14 year old daughter: some women will do anything to keep their new man happy.....desert their children from previous relationships is one of them.