Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

1207208209210211213»

Comments

• SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,681
    Forum Member
    ... Stephen ... I think he felt a bit out on a limb there, by himself.

Yes.
    Not that he's unable to hold his own or anything even approaching that, but hard for him to complete the same judging as a couple if he hasn't been provided for as a single.
    There are lots of single proprietors on 4inaBed so why not do a singles week for travellers too?
    Has anyone answered the $64000 question? Where did Sophie sleep all week?

Nope, it was just glossed over :confused:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Nope, it was just glossed over :confused:

She also had her lip bar thing in again :confused: She must have it more out than in if she does not wear it at work :o
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what the interview/selection/audition process for this show is but I take it that during it Tony & Jeanette, by just being their normal selves, were identified by producers as a right pair of nasty sods that would make good tv. At the same time T&J would be totally oblivious to it thinking they were progressing because they were so wonderful.
  • EtheleneEthelene Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Eek! Is that really Dr. Simon's review on Trip Advisor re Ye Olde Fighting Cocks - mouldy mattress?

Or is it a fake?

And Andrew K's directly beneath it - disgusting?:eek:
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    That Jeanette and Tony have been through all their reviews on Trip Advisor on 13th November and answered everyone. :rolleyes:

Just looked. One reply to a negative review. All the rest to positive reviews with exactly the same reply to each AND all written in much better English. Methinks they have had a peek here! ;)

The last 2 reviews are new and probably written by people who saw 4IAB.
    Had a lovely time staying here but the mattress was very very mouldy. Lovely area to visit and the breakfast was super but the mattress was mouldy. I would stay again if in the area but I would insist on a non-mouldy mattress. Lively bar area with friendly locals but after the bar closed I had to sleep on a mouldy mattress
    Very arrogant people, the bedroom was filthy! We found hair under our pillow. The breakfast was a greecy mess, which they repeatedly got our order wrong. When the breakfast did arrive it was cold. The rooms were also extremely hot, the heating needed to be turned down. The location was the only good thing about the hotel.

A bit naughty IMO.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it on a bed of rice?

It was a Versace bed of rice! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Well I for one would much rather stay in Stephens higgledy piggledy home than their concentration camp, thats for sure, I am sure you would receive a lovely relaxing time with him. OK it may not be perfect but I would rather have imperfection than ignorance.

Yes, me too. Unfortunately, the nasty pair will never see that other people aren't just like them :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teacup333 wrote: »
    did he write that there were 'hares' in the bed? :D:D:D:D

I hate when that happens...:o

It's as bad as newts in the hall!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    :D:D

I truly think it was part of the pattern though. I record FIAB to watch late in the evening, and after reading this thread, I put it on again and paused it to have a really good look. The markings were in a pattern - too regular to be mildew.

Even if that were the case, and I'm prepared to believe it was, Tony handled the situation very badly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony can't believe everyone isn't as big a barsteward as he is and is shattered that they've given fair payments, something that obviously never crossed his mind to do. Despicable person.

You hit the nail right on the head! Bit of a shock for him apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Surely any normal guest would just have alerted him to empty it and forget about it? who woudl drag out the contents and inspect it???

I would have thought so.
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To quote James May "Oh Cock!"

And did you see the state that T&J left the room in at Stephen's place? The left the bedspread on the floor for a start which is really rude considering it is primarily Stephen's home and secondly his business, not some bought of the shelf pub.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So so unfair although if they thought they won I think they may need to rethink that one as I don't know anyone who would stay at their place after this has shown what the hosts are really like and by their own confession they were just being themselves so they cannot say they weren't now.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethelene wrote: »
    Eek! Is that really Dr. Simon's review on Trip Advisor re Ye Olde Fighting Cocks - mouldy mattress?

Or is it a fake?

And Andrew K's directly beneath it - disgusting?:eek:

Both obviously fake reviews because simon's is needling the mattress-gate affair and Andrew comes over as a complete fool because he has described the situation at the Elgin Hotel with Gary and the slapped-arse-faced Sophie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    She also had her lip bar thing in again :confused: She must have it more out than in if she does not wear it at work :o

Perhaps it's a c-lip on. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    So so unfair although if they thought they won I think they may need to rethink that one as I don't know anyone who would stay at their place after this has shown what the hosts are really like and by their own confession they were just being themselves so they cannot say they weren't now.

Tony, and his nodding accomplice, seemed to think it a smart move by constantly stressing they were in it to win it. Even more mystifying was why he would brag, on camera, that he lied about wanting to see the other contestants again. Yay - hyprocisy - the quality we all want from our B&B hosts;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the repeat of the final episode and Averil saying to an emotional Tony 'I like a man who is in touch with his feminine side'....

I cannot believe she actually said that :rolleyes:.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I strongly agree that the producers should change the final question to, "If you were in the area, would you stay here again?" Honestly felt so sorry for Sophie and Gary that everyone said no, mainly because they just didn't like Blackpool.

Or, add another comments section next to it!

Also, has anyone ever discussed why exactly the owners get to read their feedback straight after the guests/competition have left? So obviously a bad idea because then they get to tailor their feedback to what they've received!
  • bookboxerbookboxer Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both obviously fake reviews because simon's is needling the mattress-gate affair and Andrew comes over as a complete fool because he has described the situation at the Elgin Hotel with Gary and the slapped-arse-faced Sophie.

I don't have much sympathy for the proprietors of "Ye Olde Fighting Cocks" but posting malicious, false feedback is not on. If it were my business I'd be looking at ways of suing for libel, which I think has been done in the past in response to false online reviews.
  • bookboxerbookboxer Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, has anyone ever discussed why exactly the owners get to read their feedback straight after the guests/competition have left? So obviously a bad idea because then they get to tailor their feedback to what they've received!

It's almost as if the production team arrange things deliberately to stir things up. Surely they don't mean that to happen!

If they weren't allowed to read the feedback forms until the end of the week it would make the competition much fairer but far less entertaining!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookboxer wrote: »
    It's almost as if the production team arrange things deliberately to stir things up. Surely they don't mean that to happen!

If they weren't allowed to read the feedback forms until the end of the week it would make the competition much fairer but far less entertaining!

I preferred the feedback format of 3 in a Bed where they stood as a group and gave their feedback to the owner's face. That feedback moment with Jean at her Holland Park abode was classic TV :D.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,717
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.