Comments

• Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes Miliband's decision to oppose EVEL look even more disastrous.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Amaretto2 wrote: »

Might even cause him to do a U turn.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,597
    Forum Member
    Eggy Jim will have a tough job on his hands if he gets the gig
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    And I thought the SNP were living in wet-dream land when they were hoping for 25'ish seats!
    There's no doubt they'll take seats off Labour in the central belt and off the Lib-Dems in the north. I think just how many they actually win might be down to turnout in quite a few places; the SNP vote will be out in force and it'll be up the traditional voters of the other parties to try and counter that. I'm sure Jim Murphy could be a better leader than Lamont and will help solidify some of those voters back, but alot of the damage has already been done.

I'm also not convinced the Tories have no chance of picking up a seat or two. Dumfries, Perth, Edinburgh and even Aberdeen could all be possible areas for them to gain a seat.
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Wiping out Labour might not be the best thing.

The Tories will never give another independence vote for the next 20 years. Strangely enough, the best chance of another independence vote is to vote for a spineless Labour government.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    As wonderful as the poll would be in reality I do suspect by May that Labour will revive somewhat. :(
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    And I thought the SNP were living in wet-dream land when they were hoping for 25'ish seats!
    There's no doubt they'll take seats off Labour in the central belt and off the Lib-Dems in the north. I think just how many they actually win might be down to turnout in quite a few places; the SNP vote will be out in force and it'll be up the traditional voters of the other parties to try and counter that. I'm sure Jim Murphy could be a better leader than Lamont and will help solidify some of those voters back, but alot of the damage has already been done.

I'm also not convinced the Tories have no chance of picking up a seat or two. Dumfries, Perth, Edinburgh and even Aberdeen could all be possible areas for them to gain a seat.
    Scottish Borders will likely revert to tory.
  • Options
    MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the snp are on a crest of a wave at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if come may they don't gain close to the amount today's poll suggests
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Eggy Jim will have a tough job on his hands if he gets the gig
    Mail wrote:

Speaking before details of the poll emerged, Mr Murphy, the latest candidate to declare, pledged to end the streak of 'losing Labour' in Scotland.

The shadow international development secretary told BBC News he is confident he can turn around the party's fortunes in Scotland and hold the party's current Westminster seats.

He said: 'I'm not interested in left-wing Labour or right-wing Labour, or old Labour or new Labour. I'm interested in losing Labour.

'I want to end that period of losing Labour here in Scotland, starting with the UK general election in 2015, where I'm confident we can hold all the seats we currently have but pick up one or two on top, and also win that election in 2016 for the Scottish Parliament.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2814475/Labour-faces-WIPEOUT-Scotland-Miliband-flies-Glasgow-shocking-new-poll-shows-party-verge-collapse.html#ixzz3HeczWTa9
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well he certainly has confidence.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well he certainly has confidence.

Blairites were always confident. He's going for leader and then will become and MSP in 2016.
  • Options
    HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think UKIP will take Scotland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HillmanImp wrote: »
    I think UKIP will take Scotland

Are you drunk?
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »

The Tories will never give another independence vote for the next 20 years.

how often do you want to have a referendum? - every November the 5th perhaps.. ;-)
  • Options
    HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted:

I think UKIP will take Scotland.
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Are you drunk?

The one thing I can testify for certain is Scotland loves to say:
    "ITS MY MONEY"....

That is UKIP - as soon as they twig, they'll be the most UKIP place in the UK (as they were with the original referendum)
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »

The Tories will never give another independence vote for the next 20 years. Strangely enough, the best chance of another independence vote is to vote for a spineless Labour government.

The Labour party won't even commit to an EU referendum. Labour are also unlikely to want devolution as they would most likely lose power in England if they lost all of their Scottish MPs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted:

"ITS MY MONEY"....

That is UKIP - as soon as they twig, they'll be the most UKIP place in the UK (as they were with the original referendum)

What are you babbling about? That makes no sense.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Originally posted:

"ITS MY MONEY"....

Please, are you after the daftest poster award? :o You don't half post some mince. :p
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amaretto2 wrote: »

Good, as it's not a proper solution to the problem anyway - regional devolution is the only way to put England on par with the other home nations
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I doubt the doomsday scenario will come true but I'd love it if it did.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, "Labour" and "wipeout" in the same sentence.

Happy days.
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    Ah, "Labour" and "wipeout" in the same sentence.

Happy days.

Indeed. They're digging their own grave and the best thing is - they don't seem to realise.

The one-eyed Labourites on here are far too busy trying to smear UKIP at every opportunity to worry about their own shambles of a party. And time is running out.

Happy days indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. They're digging their own grave and the best thing is - they don't seem to realise.

The one-eyed Labourites on here are far too busy trying to smear UKIP at every opportunity to worry about their own shambles of a party. And time is running out.

Happy days indeed.

No point talking about UKIP in relation to Scotland.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im actually not surprised.

My Tirade against the labour leader wasn't defended by the local MP.
    she has been brilliant with me and the legal cases against the local health board but I simply will never accept Ed Miliband as a "leader", As for Scotland going so close to the Tories was always going to have a massive rebound and the messing about after the vote has clearly angered a lot of people. Brown can face it he got shafted by Cameron who changed the tone after the vote was won that didn't hurt the tories but its killed Labour.

Ed's so obsessed with the Marginal seats he's left the "safe" seats feel like ditched lovers.
    Most of Labours policies are Tory Lite nothing of hope or inspiration. We know savage cuts are needed but just like pre 2010 those are going to be launched on people AFTER the election.

His policy on the EU is weak and confused. Ed is a leader of Labour (inside the m25) I hope the Unions are very happy
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    No point talking about UKIP in relation to Scotland.

Tell that to some of the rabid UKIP haters from north of the border on here...