characters you wish were never killed off? EE

jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
for me derek branning(wasted by alice and joey)
dennis rickman
michael moon could have been great under dtc
pat butcher what the **** were they thinking that was a disaster.
lucy beale(legacy character killed off for a storyline) she had so much more to give shocking decision.
paul trueman . was just getting interesting when he was killed off imo.

Comments

• Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffany Mitchell. One of the most popular characters Eastenders have ever had, yet the end up killing her off. Martine only wanted to have a break, yet they would not allow it.>:( I still feel bad for Martine. If she was around today, she would have been allowed as many breaks as she wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o803d8kuZkI
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    Pat Butcher/ Evans - she's the only one really
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    Pat, Kathy and Cindy were all killed before their time. Would like to have seen more of Trevor Morgan and Stella. Steve Owen should have had more of an ambiguous death too.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angeeeeeee!!!
    Dennnnnnnnn!!!! :(
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Den Watts
    Angie Watts
    Dennis Rickman
    Tiffany Mitchell
    Steve Owen
    Pat Butcher
    Cindy Beale

Too many have been killed off. They were all great characters.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Angeeeeeee!!!
    Dennnnnnnnn!!!! :(

Yep, Angie and Den Watts for me!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    Yep, Angie and Den Watts for me!!

They could be coming back for short stints now. Instead we have to rely on Peggy. :(
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could be coming back for short stints now. Instead we have to rely on Peggy. :(

Exactly :(
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiffany was killed off before her time and it was obvious she would be mentioned. I would say it was a shame Den was killed off. Maybe Dennis Rickman as well was a shock.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat is the only character that should have never been killed off!:p.

Den Watts aswell maybe.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love Peggy!:).

I don't understand the hate for her...
  • jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actually i'd include steve owen and cindy in that as well, and for the earlier post kathy isnt dead!! den watts as well actually but leslie grantham out paid to him with his antics. lucys the one i regret the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I love Peggy!:).

I don't understand the hate for her...

I don't hate her, but I think other characters that were killed off (Pat and Pauline too) are head and shoulders over her.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heather Trott! :)

she would fit so well with the Carters :)
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those of screen ones: cindy, angie etc
    Lucy Beale
    Den watts
    Pat Evans
    Heather trott
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat!!!

Tiffany Mitchell
    Heather Trott
    Dennis Rickman
    Steve Owen
    May Wright (she should've been sectioned again, as it would have left something open for her)
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Owen, Paul Trueman and Michael Moon were all great characters who had a lot of untapped potential , if they were ever brought back . Jake Moons exit was quite ambiguous but I always liked him too.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ameew wrote: »
    Steve Owen, Paul Trueman and Michael Moon were all great characters who had a lot of untapped potential , if they were ever brought back . Jake Moons exit was quite ambiguous but I always liked him too.

Yes agree.

Paul Trueman's death was off-screen too, has it ever been actually established a body was found?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    Yes agree.

Paul Trueman's death was off-screen too, has it ever been actually established a body was found?

Yes Patrick identified him.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whilst I liked all these characters do we look back on them now wishing for more is actually a good thing. They would probably all be ruined if they all came back now.

The thing with the past is actors normally did 3 to 5 years on EE and left - by cab or coffin. Sometimes it was annoying but as I said best to leave when the character was interesting. These days the revolving door is annoying and characters never get killed off now in case a future prodiucer wants to bring a character back. Characters also stay until they are a bore fest or past their sell by date (Alfie, Kat, Billy, Mo etc...)
  • paxton7paxton7 Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Owen and Michael Moon. And lovely Emma Summerhayes

On the other hand I think they made a huge mistake not killing Ronnie off on New Years Day. It would have been a powerful and emotional end for a character who in truth has had her day, and would have solidified DTC as a gutsy producer.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    whilst I liked all these characters do we look back on them now wishing for more is actually a good thing. They would probably all be ruined if they all came back now.

The thing with the past is actors normally did 3 to 5 years on EE and left - by cab or coffin. Sometimes it was annoying but as I said best to leave when the character was interesting. These days the revolving door is annoying and characters never get killed off now in case a future prodiucer wants to bring a character back. Characters also stay until they are a bore fest or past their sell by date (Alfie, Kat, Billy, Mo etc...)

Exactly and axing the older characters seems
    Like a crime. The actors won't leave so they'll have to bite the bullet sooner or later. Billy definatly should be the first older cast member to be axed!ad there is nowhere for him to go. Alfie also but to save us from boring Kat and Alfie reunite/split storylines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat. She was just so EastEnders. While I don't think any character is bigger than EastEnders, there are some who are part of the framework. Pat was definitely one of these.

Danielle. We went through months, waiting for Ronnie to find out, hating Archie for not telling her, excitement building. Then Ronnie found out. Five minutes or so later Danielle was dead, Ronnie was distraught, and the story came to an abrupt end.

Michael. I get it. It gave Janine a big story, screen time, and a brilliant exit. But Michael could have been so much more. Under DTC he could have been an even better character. He was like other characters combined. He was cruel because of his childhood (Ronnie), he was intelligent, calculating, and knew what he was doing (Janine), he'd stop at nothing to get what he wanted (Nick). He loved his Daughter, and him and Janine were a toxic combination. Janine would have had a good reason to come back and Scarlett Moon, which sounds much better than Scarlett Butcher, could have grown up with two evil parent's.

Emma. She could have developed into a great character and it was a shame she died before she really got going.

Cindy. They killed her off screen. I would have put Kathy but obviously she's gone and done a Dirty Den. They shouldn't kill off big, interesting, useful characters off screen, for no reason at all IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Pat
    Steven Owen
    Danielle
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    They kill off all these great characters but wishy washy ones like Jack Branning get away scot free with a chance to return!>:(