Comments

• thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Michael French :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay for this appreciation thread! I just posted in Michael Moon thread asking if there was a Michael French appreciation thread! Yay yay yay!

I loved him the first time round when I was 14! I wrote fan mail to him and got a few replies *blushes!*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I loved the wink at the bar!!

swooooon @ the wink!

Hey Sez! We have similar taste :)
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is going to be so confusing seeing him in EE and casualty this week. He mentioned something about a doctor to Pat and i actually had to remember he wasn't Nick Jordan.

I can't say I fancy him but David has a presence onscreen just like Michael,also his feud with Derek is interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    becsie wrote: »
    It is going to be so confusing seeing him in EE and casualty this week. He mentioned something about a doctor to Pat and i actually had to remember he wasn't Nick Jordan.

I can't say I fancy him but David has a presence onscreen just like Michael,also his feud with Derek is interesting.

Me too a breath of fresh air!

Everytime I think of that Derek attempting to hurt David with that hilarious jab to the chest I just burst out laughing. I dont think there will be be anything funnier on EE this year!!:D:D
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter how long he stays, if his final scene is him beating Derek to death, I will be content. Of course, if he then has to strip off his bloodstained shirt, I will go into orbit! :eek:
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    becsie wrote: »

BIB: Just think of him as the gift that keeps on giving ;)

I had a major crush on this man back in the 90s and I thought I was cured as I can watch Casualty and think 'nice looking bloke' and leave it at that but when he's David Wicks he makes me go all weird and unnecessary e.g. I did my level best to see down his shirt when he was putting it on in yesterday's episode :o I'm in my mid 40s and I feel like a teenager again :D

To say that I am lapping up this brief return of David Wicks is putting it mildly :) And I am sure I will never look at Mr Jordan in the same light again!

And this is a great thread.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    BIB: Just think of him as the gift that keeps on giving ;)

I had a major crush on this man back in the 90s and I thought I was cured as I can watch Casualty and think 'nice looking bloke' and leave it at that but when he's David Wicks he makes me go all weird and unnecessary e.g. I did my level best to see down his shirt when he was putting it on in yesterday's episode :o I'm in my mid 40s and I feel like a teenager again :D

To say that I am lapping up this brief return of David Wicks is putting it mildly :) And I am sure I will never look at Mr Jordan in the same light again!

And this is a great thread.

You're not alone (with either your age or your feelings! ;) )
  • Tiger LilyTiger Lily Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I blushed when he came on the telly and couldn't look at mum :o It's the same reaction I get to Steve John Shepherd (Michael Moon) <3 too many hot Michael's in my EE :o:o

Omg I'm so pleased I decided to check out this thread and must say I'm pleased to know there's someone that likes both David Wicks and Michael Moon like I do! :o:D:D:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Lily wrote: »
    Omg I'm so pleased I decided to check out this thread and must say I'm pleased to know there's someone that likes both David Wicks and Michael Moon like I do! :o:D:D:

I do too! And loads of us on the Michael Moon Appreciation Thread! Join us!
  • HappyChappy03HappyChappy03 Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blushed when he came on the telly and couldn't look at mum :o It's the same reaction I get to Steve John Shepherd (Michael Moon) <3 too many hot Michael's in my EE :o:o

Oh, I can relate to that! :p
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiger Lily wrote: »

Yeh come join us in the MM/SJS fan thread :D
  • Tiger LilyTiger Lily Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    moonfan wrote: »
    I do too! And loads of us on the Michael Moon Appreciation Thread! Join us![/QUO

I will most definitely be joining u all :D
  • blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies to all the Casulty fans, but I really, really wish he was staying in Eastenders!

I was about 12/13 years old when he was in Eastenders the first time and I remember really liking his character. I think you can tell how much you like an old character by how much you remember about them and I remembered so much about David that I couldn't believe it had been about 15 years since we saw him!

I thought it was very sad when he left (leaving poor Joe to his bacofoil) and I remember thinking him and Carol were very sweet around that time. I heard someone mention that now he's back he still has very clip cloppy shoes, and I distinctly remember that about his character! The other thing which I always noticed was that he was always walking around with keys in his hand. Does anyone else recall that or is it just me?

Anyway, just wanted to add my appreciation of the character and actor. He's really been a breath of fresh air since coming back to Eastenders. He really is one of the best characters the show ever had.

(Off topic, but as people were discussing it I just wanted to add that I know Michael Moon (Steve John Shepard) is a marmite character/actor of sorts and I was a bit underwhelmed when he was first introduced, but that changed and I really like him and think he plays the character with a lot of originality and his delivery is unique and very interesting to watch.)
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soniccream wrote: »
    He is brilliant as David Wicks and Paul Nicholls who played Joe Wicks is gorgeous too :D

I agree with you i like both of them :)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    I agree with you i like both of them :)

Same here :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    You're not alone (with either your age or your feelings! ;) )

Very glad to hear it Jayma :D I almost go weak at the knees when he appears on screen :o Glad I'm already sitting down :D

And for you Michael Moon fans - I can definitely see the attraction there too ;)

Are they putting something in the water where I live? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    blue_angel wrote: »
    Apologies to all the Casulty fans, but I really, really wish he was staying in Eastenders!

I was about 12/13 years old when he was in Eastenders the first time and I remember really liking his character. I think you can tell how much you like an old character by how much you remember about them and I remembered so much about David that I couldn't believe it had been about 15 years since we saw him!

I thought it was very sad when he left (leaving poor Joe to his bacofoil) and I remember thinking him and Carol were very sweet around that time. I heard someone mention that now he's back he still has very clip cloppy shoes, and I distinctly remember that about his character! The other thing which I always noticed was that he was always walking around with keys in his hand. Does anyone else recall that or is it just me?

Anyway, just wanted to add my appreciation of the character and actor. He's really been a breath of fresh air since coming back to Eastenders. He really is one of the best characters the show ever had.

(Off topic, but as people were discussing it I just wanted to add that I know Michael Moon (Steve John Shepard) is a marmite character/actor of sorts and I was a bit underwhelmed when he was first introduced, but that changed and I really like him and think he plays the character with a lot of originality and his delivery is unique and very interesting to watch.)

i remeber the keys thing aswell!,also love how he wears the same black and gold ring now as he did back then!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remeber the keys thing aswell!,also love how he wears the same black and gold ring now as he did back then!:)

I haven't noticed the black and gold ring! I'll have a look tonight.

I'm glad someone else remembers the keys thing! I haven't seen him do it yet since he's been back. That would actually make me nostalgically happy if he did. :o It's simple things that please simple minds and all that!
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by Soniccream
    He is brilliant as David Wicks and Paul Nicholls who played Joe Wicks is gorgeous too :D
    Michael French has always been very tasty, and still looks fantastic today! Oh, Paul Nicholls was my first proper crush - adored him in EE and followed his career ever since, so come Friday, My two fave men will be on the TV within an hour of each other! :eek: Think a cold shower may be needed.....:o :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB: Nearly passed out when I read that cause I read it as you know SJS personally! Was going to hound you for an introduction!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonfan wrote: »
    BIB: Nearly passed out when I read that cause I read it as you know SJS personally! Was going to hound you for an introduction!

Ha! Sorry about that! I should word my sentences more carefully. :o I'm always misreading things as I'm scanning through, so I've been in the same place as you and nearly fallen off my chair when I've read something the wrong way.

I can confirm that I don't know SJS or the fictional character of Michael Moon personally. But if I ever do, I'll let you know first as way of apology!
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he staying?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha! Sorry about that! I should word my sentences more carefully. :o I'm always misreading things as I'm scanning through, so I've been in the same place as you and nearly fallen off my chair when I've read something the wrong way.

I can confirm that I don't know SJS or the fictional character of Michael Moon personally. But if I ever do, I'll let you know first as way of apology!

Yaay! Thank you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Is he staying?

I don't think so :cry:

I think he's waltzing back off to Casualty.Le sigh. Is there anyone who would be awfully upset if I started a one woman campaign to get Casualty axed so we can have him back as David Wicks always? Is that going a bit too far? I've got nothing against the show personally, it just seems to be standing in the way at the moment!!!!

You're welcome moonfan ! I wouldn't get your hopes up though. Not unless he starts moonlighting in my local Sainsburys or something.