'Waiting for Genhil to Get It On' - Gennie & Nikhil (P2)

Comments

• lizirayliziray Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    20Colmanct wrote: »
    I think that would be lovely :); however, given the time that has passed since he insulted her in that horrible way (about 18 months?), I think it's highly unlikely. What would be nice is for him to compliment her far more often than he does. I can't be the only person who thinks Gennie is beautiful, and I wish Nikhil would tell her this more often!! In general, I hate the way that Gennie is made out to be somehow the less-attractive-but-nice girl in comparison with Charity or Alicia for example. She's gorgeous!
    Your probably right, It was just a thought, Me not being able to get that infamous scene out of my mind.

Thankfully we're now seeing more and more scenes where Gennie looks stunning, It's not before time, I get why they played her down but even in the older episodes we got a glimpse now and again of just how lovely a girl Sian is, I remember an episode just before baby Leo was born, There was a little scene between Gennie and Paddy in the street, For some reason in this scene they actually allowed the actress to be seen rather than the character, This was the first time i realised that hiding behind the character there was a really beautiful girl, I know i've said this before but i really can't wait to see Gennie as a bride.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liziray wrote: »
    Your probably right, It was just a thought, Me not being able to get that infamous scene out of my mind.

Thankfully we're now seeing more and more scenes where Gennie looks stunning, It's not before time, I get why they played her down but even in the older episodes we got a glimpse now and again of just how lovely a girl Sian is, I remember an episode just before baby Leo was born, There was a little scene between Gennie and Paddy in the street, For some reason in this scene they actually allowed the actress to be seen rather than the character, This was the first time i realised that hiding behind the character there was a really beautiful girl, I know i've said this before but i really can't wait to see Gennie as a bride.

Me neither. She will be stunning. I notice she is wearing a whole new wardrobe of clothes which is nice to see as she has a new job.
  • Kazz64Kazz64 Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    In the Christmas edition of Inside Soap which came out yesterday
    There is a picture of Gennie, Nikhil, Molly, Brenda and Rishi celebrating Molly's first Christmas. The article beside it says
    An unforgettable festive season is in store for new parents Gennie & Nikhil as they celebrate baby Molly's first Christmas. Unaware of the big drama surrounding brother Jai - who is desperately worried about the ill health of his secret son, Archie - Nikhil is proud as punch as he and his fiancee enjoy a nice cosy celebration at their family home. They're joined by Gennie's tactless mother, Brenda and Nikhil's father, Rishi - but even the presence of their overbearing parents can't put a crimp in the couple's happy day. In fact they get right into the spirit of things - with the usually serious Nikhil donning a pair of comedy antlers so he looks the part. We can only imagine how delighted young Molly will be to look back at these amusing family photos when she gets a bit older! For Rishi, it's the perfect way to spend the day, as it gives him time off worrying about Jai and the mess he's been making of his own foray into parenthood. But as one brother enjoys a blissful time with his adored child and loving partner, it's another story for desperate Jai and his premature son.
    Sounds like we're in for some great scenes which will contrast with all the drama with Cameron and the Jai/Rachel/Charity stuff.

Also in this week's issue there is a "Love Actually" photo shoot and brief interview with Sian and Rik. There's no Genhil spoilers in the interview but the photos are fantastic and worth a look. :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazz64 wrote: »
    In the Christmas edition of Inside Soap which came out yesterday
    There is a picture of Gennie, Nikhil, Molly, Brenda and Rishi celebrating Molly's first Christmas. The article beside it says Sounds like we're in for some great scenes which will contrast with all the drama with Cameron and the Jai/Rachel/Charity stuff.

Also in this week's issue there is a "Love Actually" photo shoot and brief interview with Sian and Rik. There's no Genhil spoilers in the interview but the photos are fantastic and worth a look. :):)

Awww a lovely Genhil Christmas. Something to look forward to. Have to buy the mag.
    Forum Member
    New little Christmas preview video on ITV.com, Brief glimpse of the Genhil scene mentioned in the spoiler above.
    Forum Member
    A couple of teasers for January;
    Monday 7th January 2013 - Seeing Jai’s behaviour spiral, Nikhil is forced to act to protect the business.

Tuesday 8th January 2013 - Chas is touched when Gennie asks her to be Molly’s godmother.

Hopefully the first one means that Charity won't get her hands on the factory when her marriage finally collapses; and it looks as if we've got a christening to look forward to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monday 7th January 2013 - Seeing Jai’s behaviour spiral, Nikhil is forced to act to protect the business.

Tuesday 8th January 2013 - Chas is touched when Gennie asks her to be Molly’s godmother.

Hopefully the first one means that Charity won't get her hands on the factory when her marriage finally collapses; and it looks as if we've got a christening to look forward to.

Little bit off-topic, but I'm interested to find out whether it's Gennie or Nikhil who discovers...
    that Jai has been paying Rachel's rent all these months and whether one of them puts two and two together, what with his upcoming weird behaviour too. Could be a dilemma if one of them finds out - would Gennie tell Nikhil, or vice versa, and what would they do about it. Pure speculation on my part at the moment of course!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good scenes coming up then so for Genhil in January
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Nikhil's grin last night.
  • Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really pleased by how Genhil's story has been playing out since the baby's arrival. Their communication as a couple has been improving, despite a couple setbacks. I love that Molly is their priority and underneath it all they are very happy together.

I also like the changing Sharma family dynamic. I thought Jai would continue to be the star and faved son with Rishi fretting over him and his new baby. Instead Nikhil has become his parents' focus with the new baby. Georgia has bonded with Gennie and the baby and has been a stalwart for Genhil. Rishi has not become completely focused on Jai. He spends time with Genhil and Molly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we get any good Genhil scenes this week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shazf wrote: »
    Do we get any good Genhil scenes this week?

I dont think so, Gennie was in it last night, Nikhil wasnt. Looking at spoliers earlier on (for the Team Makarem fanpage), I couldnt see anything for them this week, sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think so, Gennie was in it last night, Nikhil wasnt. Looking at spoliers earlier on (for the Team Makarem fanpage), I couldnt see anything for them this week, sorry.

Awwww:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to watch the Christmas scenes in the Sharma/Walker household with baby Molly
    Forum Member
    After this week's Nikhil drought let's hope the Christmas scenes are worth watching.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    shazf wrote: »
    Can't wait to watch the Christmas scenes in the Sharma/Walker household with baby Molly

I can't wait for these scenes, expecting lots off Nikhil being Nikhil :D
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackles27 wrote: »
    I can't wait for these scenes, expecting lots off Nikhil being Nikhil :D
    I'm guessing you were dissappointed.

It was all a bit blink and you miss it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, barely in the episode at all :(
    Forum Member

Was odds on really, To much drama going on elseware and Genhil are quite settled at the moment, So there was no way they were going to give us five or six minutes of Gennie and Nikhil enjoying themselves with Molly.:( which is what most of us would have probably preffered rather than seeing Laurel going face down in the sausage rolls ect.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was odds on really, To much drama going on elseware and Genhil are quite settled at the moment, So there was no way they were going to give us five or six minutes of Gennie and Nikhil enjoying themselves with Molly.:( which is what most of us would have probably preffered rather than seeing Laurel going face down in the sausage rolls ect.:rolleyes:

The Maurel stuff was complete drivel and about as funny as food poisoning :mad:
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Maurel stuff was complete drivel and about as funny as food poisoning :mad:

Food poisoning is funnier.....or it would be if Maurel got it! :cool::D

I was disappointed about the lack of them is the xmas episode, looking forward to the stuff in the new year though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    When I read that we was going to get a Genhil scene with it being Molly's first Christmas, was hoping for more. Could hardly hear what they said. Hope Team Makarem post a video on YT so can re-watch. Roll on the new year
    Forum Member
    jackles27 wrote: »
    When I read that we was going to get a Genhil scene with it being Molly's first Christmas, was hoping for more. Could hardly hear what they said. Hope Team Makarem post a video on YT so can re-watch. Roll on the new year
    Would'nt hold your breath on that one, There's so little of them in that episode i'd be surprised if they bother, Try ITV player instead.
    Oh i forgot we got Rishi asking Gennie if she wanted a drink, To which she answered yes, Immediately followed by Nikhil asking her if she was sure, Obviously a disaproval of Gennie taking on board alcohol while she's breast feeding, Doh.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Some new spoilers on ITV.com well worth seeing, looks to be some really good stuff coming up and the return of my third favourite character;) Also Stuart Blackburns last interview before the lucky Corrie fans get him, Some good stuff there aswell actually.

Oh and all the best for the new year everyone:)
    Forum Member
    Some new spoilers on ITV.com well worth seeing, looks to be some really good stuff coming up and the return of my third favourite character;) Also Stuart Blackburns last interview before the lucky Corrie fans get him, Some good stuff there aswell actually.

Oh and all the best for the new year everyone:)

I too like the look of the spoilers for next week.
    It will be good to see Nikhil taking control at the factory and am looking forward to Georgia's return to look after Molly (I wonder what Brenda's reaction will be to that?). It's good that she's going to be back just as Jai's marriage crumbles and also for the Priya/David/Alicia fallout. However, I do wish they would stop referring to Georgia as "Gennie's mother-in-law" - she isn't yet although hopefully it won't be too long before she is! :)

As for SB's interview - it's interesting to see how his attitude to Gennie & Nikhil's relationship has changed over the last 12 months and I wonder what tragedy/heartbreak awaits Brenda?

I hope we get some scenes for New Year otherwise I may just have to revisit the 2010 karaoke scene. :)