The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Ohh quite nicely done, although he still didn't manage to let go of his damn paperwork!

I'm intrigued by how he answers the question about if he's 'in love with his girlfriend'. To the majority who do not speculate about them as a couple, it's quite weird to even ask that about someone's GF of fiancee.

You have to pay to read The Times online and they don't usually allow other media to use the full interview. Looks like i'll have to buy the paper, no doubt the mag will be wrapped up, so i can't have a sneaky peak in the supermarket :mad:

The paperwork was inspired - if he put it down he would have had to touch her! Then he would have had that look of helpless nausea he defaults to when forced to grope a female ;) Poor lamb.

Yes, Im not paying a tenner for the Times Online app, so will have to try and buy the one paper copy our Cost Cutter will probably have (we are more a NOTW neighbourhood :D) . I hope the pictures with the article are better than that hideous, photo shopped hatchet job they have used on the trailer. Someone in their Art Dept needs a heavy spanking for THAT.
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's this article with The Times? An 'At Home With The Cowell's'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    :eek: Eeeek thats not the menage a trois dreams are made of is it? :eek:

Anyone on the thread owning up to this then??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3141403/Simon-Cowells-got-the-pecks-factor.html

Which one of you was it? Nicely done, whoever you are, as Si actually manages to close his eyes and not look like he is snogging a rancid nettle (like he does with his Beloved One).

I suppose the Sunday Times article at the weekend will be filled with vomit inducing guff about the fauxmance. Seeing as the reporter was invited I cant see her doing a grand expose eh?

I wouldn't much fancy a menage-a-trois with Si and Paula either, although it would be marginally better than Si and Mish.....not as good as Si and Ry though! :p

I'll be buying the Sunday Times this Sun then. I hope they don't include that digusting picture of Simon though, it nearly put me off him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Just received email about tkts for the live shows, from a/store - Don't think have any chance as tkts are on a 1st come entry on the night...So here we go again hours of waiting around, worth it if I get in......
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freedomklm wrote: »
    Just received email about tkts for the live shows, from a/store - Don't think have any chance as tkts are on a 1st come entry on the night...So here we go again hours of waiting around, worth it if I get in......

Done mine as well.

I WAS lucky enough to go last year, but I personally didnt get any tickets, a very kind DSer had a spare. It was fantastic even though we had to Q for 7 hours! When they let you into the holding area inside the studio, you can go to the loo and all the acts use the same ones...tragically, I think the judges had their own ;) so I didnt stumble across Si having a slash or Chezza knocking out anyone in the ladies :D BUT I did meet Jamie having a sneaky ****, and Danyl (who wasnt crying, for a change :D) .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds fab, never seen a live show. I wish they would change the policy and allocate guaranteed tickets for the lives. I know they worry about not enough people turning up that way, but that is so unlikely to happen for XF.
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Sounds fab, never seen a live show. I wish they would change the policy and allocate guaranteed tickets for the lives. I know they worry about not enough people turning up that way, but that is so unlikely to happen for XF.

Oh so do I, even if you had to pay for them. Queueing for hours in the cold and not even guarenteed a seat really isn't on. They could issue a few free standby for those that want them, to fill the gaps anyway.

I went to the BGT final this year, there was a huge queue outside, but inside every seat was reserved, so I doubt anyone got in from the queue. If they did it would have only been a couple to fill the odd gap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    Oh so do I, even if you had to pay for them. Queueing for hours in the cold and not even guarenteed a seat really isn't on. They could issue a few free standby for those that want them, to fill the gaps anyway.

I went to the BGT final this year, there was a huge queue outside, but inside every seat was reserved, so I doubt anyone got in from the queue. If they did it would have only been a couple to fill the odd gap.

Good idea, i don't think people would begrudge paying for a ticket - the tours are always sold out. It's better than the disappointment of being turned away having lined up all day and spent money on travel etc.

Glad you mentioned the reserved seats, that's something else to bear in mind, although i suppose that affects the final much more. Imagine being turned away for the final! :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's real early, but did anyone get the Times yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the front page:

"Simon Cowell Stripped Bare. His most revealing interview yet."

Lets pass the buckets now..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    I know it's real early, but did anyone get the Times yet?

Yes, I have bought and read it.

Nothing very revealing, the article was very tongue in cheek. A good read though.

Mezhgan was with him at the judges house, but not much was mentioned on her.

The Interviewers does say "But is he in love, right? Simon's response "Well I must be, mustn't I? Interviewer.....He pulls a procupine face, Oh dear! A lamer response than Prince Charles.

The whole article is well written and quite funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Like the bit where the gay butler asks in clipped Kenneth Williams if "mister cowell would like a laight refreshment" :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see they went out last night, Jackie was there too.

LINK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice photos from last night, they look happy in the car.

The Times spent too long detailing how he became successful - many know the story now. Clearly Simon didn't want to talk about Mezhgan, the gay rumours were alluded to but laughed off as usual.

Interesting that she thought Phillip Green was a 'father figure' to him. (he agreed). There's very little age gap between them, but i get that. He does have a respect for Phillip in that way.

Funniest part was Mandy Perryment saying they used to go everywhere on roller skates and hang off the back of buses around Hyde Park :D It isn't clear whether he or Mandy describe himself as "camp and amusing" back then, but that just about sums him up.

Advice for Simon, he needs to handle the Mezhgan questions better. Whether he's gay and hiding it, or just finds it difficult to discuss emotions, he needs to be more convincing!

Lastly, i want Gay Benjamin The Butler to be mine :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, stupid question, what does "Porcupine face" mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read a little bit about it on another board, and apparently Simon thinks he's had over 2,000 partners

Goodness, if that were true that would make him quite the dirty w**re wouldn't it? :p

A couple more tidbits:

Author got a call from Max who tells her he has hundreds of Cowell stories to repel weekly including "love child last week, new house this."

Yes, and of course it's always smart to actually talk about the stories you want to hush up.

Tonight I only see Cowell touch her once: even now he vagues out when I ask how they got together....'Ah..trying to remember, er...' and then saying 'things evolved over time.' Is he a difficult lover? 'Mezhgan gets it', he says. But what is "it"? 'Certain women...ah...don't get it. You've got to understand

no comment.

-"I can hear Mezhgan talking quietly to someone at the table." (about her escape from Afghanistan.
    -"Later, I ask her what she makes of all this, whether she enjoys it. She shrugs and smiles and drawls: 'Gahd, of course I enjoy it. What's not to like?'

Again. Nothing to say.
    Forum Member
    The interview reveals nothing, except he is kinda strange, I think he is incapable of having a relationship with an adult, he's so childlike, wants to be loved by everyone ....but does not want the emotional attachment of a relationship...I suppose his girlfriends except this .. Live and let live ... No way is he gay,too sexy.. just don't believe it..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way is he gay,too sexy..

Please tell me you are joking with that. Since when does being gay mean you aren't sexy?

There's this part too:

"The only ex-girlfriend I spoke to [cindy? that part is blurred] Perryment seemed quite horrified at the suggestion they had an affair going, "Oooh. Hahahah no. I don't think so."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    Please tell me you are joking with that. Since when does being gay mean you aren't sexy?

There's this part too:

"The only ex-girlfriend I spoke to [cindy? that part is blurred] Perryment seemed quite horrified at the suggestion they had an affair going, "Oooh. Hahahah no. I don't think so."

I notice from the exerpts you've included that you seem to be insinuating that SImon's relationship with Mish isn't real! How could you? You know how committed to this relationship we all are on here!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all sounds strange IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do find it strange how he conducts himself in these interviews, but I did feel the journalist got the real him. Shallow, a workaholic, egotistical and completely self driven. I'm not saying any of that is a bad thing, it is how he likes to live his life and good luck to him. The journalist doesn't seem to have done him or her any favours in the article.

To me Simon just seems incapable of having a normal fulfilling relationship for whatever reason. Probably more to do with his work ethics then anything else. Mezhgan appears to be there as an accessory, he knows it, she knows it. He likes female company and doesn't actually like to live his life alone. Reaching fifty, he has had a bit of a mid life crisis and can see an empty lonely life ahead of him.

Will it work? I suppose it will depend on what Mezhgan wants out of it long term. If she is happy being an accessory, living a luxurious lifestyle, doesn't put any pressure on him and doesn't want commitment and babies, then yes it could work for both of them.

Unfortunately, I don't think he is the type of person that will ever find happiness within himself, he will live the rest of his life striving for something else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    I do find it strange how he conducts himself in these interviews, but I did feel the journalist got the real him. Shallow, a workaholic, egotistical and completely self driven. I'm not saying any of that is a bad thing, it is how he likes to live his life and good luck to him. The journalist doesn't seem to have done him or her any favours in the article.

To me Simon just seems incapable of having a normal fulfilling relationship for whatever reason. Probably more to do with his work ethics then anything else. Mezhgan appears to be there as an accessory, he knows it, she knows it. He likes female company and doesn't actually like to live his life alone. Reaching fifty, he has had a bit of a mid life crisis and can see an empty lonely life ahead of him.

Will it work? I suppose it will depend on what Mezhgan wants out of it long term. If she is happy being an accessory, living a luxurious lifestyle, doesn't put any pressure on him and doesn't want commitment and babies, then yes it could work for both of them.

Unfortunately, I don't think he is the type of person that will ever find happiness within himself, he will live the rest of his life striving for something else.

Nail on head, Dexy. :)
    Forum Member
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    Nail on head, Dexy. :)
    Totally agree...........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems as happy as he could be, his work ethic always makes him look for the next big thing, something better, more exciting. Perhaps that has over lapped into his personal life over the years. He is quite unusual, but in an interesting, amusing way. Not everyone is capable of the domestic 9-5 routine. As long as he is honest about that to the person he is with, then that is just good self awareness.

As for the 2000 lovers, he said during 'good times' he would be with 2 girls a week. The interviewer calculated that it would mean 2000 overall, which is ridiculous and i don't even think Simon would claim that.