Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It returns.

Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

1) Jai is cross Charity had an affair and miffed that it was declan she did it with, not really caring that he cheated on Charity, had a baby with Rachel and has even given her a house to live in, he cheated on Declan with his wife and had a baby with her as well. The word hypocrite was obviously invested for him, maybe he should have a go with Katie given how amazingly fertile he is.

Jai is also a rather week puncher and failed miserably at telling Katie.

2) Declan - was punched by Jai and desperate for Katie not to find out. Is disappointed that Katie doesn't want kids or might not be able to have them. Better to wait anyway since Katie badly smashed pelvis is very good for having babies at this stage of her recovery.

3) Katie in the dark over the Charity/Declan thing and not to clear on whether she want children or not.

4) Charity having fallen out with Jai, has a rather intense conversation with Chas, still angry over what Chas did to Debbie despite now doing exactly the same thing with Declan.

5( Chas thought she could compare herself with Charity, was cross with Cameron for his Blackmail and continues to be a bad friend to Katie by not telling the truth.

6) Cameron was suprised that Chas regards Blackmail as being bad.

7) The Galloping Gormless Moron - Hurts peoples feeling every time he opens his mouth.

8) Thomas - Had his feelings hurt by the moron talking about his dad, found a sympathic and caring girlfriend in Belle.

9) Belle full of sensitive and caring advice for Thomas by relating what had happened to Zak.

10 sandy has a new lease of life now he has escaped the Morons clutches, no longer needs a wheelchair or scooter isn't that marvellous. Had a big win at the bookies which both horrified and pleased Edna since he gambled the rent money. thinks he can chase wild women good look with that Sandy

11) Edna - Is glad that Tootsie having his/her last chemo dose and both disapproving and amused by Sandy's antics

12) Rishi - still has his sensible advice ignored.

13) Sam missed Samsom going to school exciting.

14) Lisa still being a scruffy haired layabout and bad mother.

15) Rachel was lovely.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale Spoilers W/C 8 April :)
    6521 Monday 8 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Declan and Steve lock horns over the racehorse

Belle’s gutted to learn Thomas has left without saying bye

Chas warns Cameron to control his temper

6522 Tuesday 9 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Irresponsible Kerry leaves Sarah home alone

Steve plans to settle the score with Declan

Jimmy’s gutted to feel he’s failed Thomas

6523 Wednesday 10 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Kerry panics when Amy confronts her about leaving Sarah

Alicia warms to Dom, but her heart’s still with David

Sneaky Bernice uses Nicola to dig for information on Declan

6524/25 Thursday 11 April 2013 7.00pm – 8.00pm

David confronts Dom in the pub over Alicia

Debbie hates seeing Chas with Cameron’s kids

Emotions run high at Nikhil and Gennie’s stag and hen do’s

6526 Friday 5 April 2013 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Gennie struggles to be enthusiastic about her wedding day

Moira’s fears are confirmed

Defying Megan, Ali lets Sean keep his dog
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »

Oh dear
    It's Moira's turn for a pregnancy storyline now :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear

That's the only reason someone would have cause for worry?, maybe all her cows have foot and mouth

Very strange weather here, snowing loads without any clouds in the sky, maybe the sky has dandruft.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    That's the only reason someone would have cause for worry?, maybe all her cows have foot and mouth

Very strange weather here, snowing loads without any clouds in the sky, maybe the sky has dandruft.
    It's not the only thing she could be worrying about, no.
    but
    given other spoilery stuff I've read elsewhere, Moira being pregnant would seem more likely than DEFRA moving in and killing all livestock within a 3 mile radius of Butler's farm :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the only thing she could be worrying about, no.
    but
    given other spoilery stuff I've read elsewhere, Moira being pregnant would seem more likely than DEFRA moving in and killing all livestock within a 3 mile radius of Butler's farm :D

Would cause more drama though.

And if what you say is really her problem then she should have been more careful given his last effort.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurrah your back, did you have a nice time hopefully somewhere you didn't freeze.

I in the meantime have had a turbulant time, offending people and getting into all sorts of bother all over the place, and causing several page long arguments even when i'm not here.

I'm that amazingly influential heh:eek:

BIB: :eek:!!!
    Surley not Kwynne! :p:D
    I hope everything has settled back down again and everyone is OK now?

Had a lovely time thank you, the weather in Lanzarote was lovely, mainly quite hot with just a couple of dull days but there's a lovely breeze that keeps you comfortable. On the last day though the 'lovely breeze' turned into a mild hurricane but never mind, LOL! We hired a car and travelled the island seeing all the sights as well as being face stuffing, alcohol guzzling sun lounger lazies - we both put on about 12lb! *eeeeeeeeek!* lol!
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    LOTTEH! Has it really been two weeks? I thought this was t'second one. I have no idea where life goes to while I'm busy watching ED and Corrie. :eek: Anyway, hope you had a wonderful time.

Yes, Corrie's been pretty amazing lately so it did rather put ED in the shade a bit, although it was great to see the penny finally starting to drop on Durvid's thick head about Alicia.

No news at all about Tinkie I'm afraid. It's really worrying. Hasn't it been a month or more since we heard from her?

Yes it really has been two weeks Onj, time flies when you're having fun! A bit worrying about Wor Tinkie, especially as in her last posts she wasn't well :( Fingers crossed she's back soon to put our minds at rest.

Corrie is fantastic at the moment, head an shoulders above the other soaps IMO. The Rovers fire and evil/not quite evil/crying/feeling guilty/not feeling guilty Karl stuff was brill! Unfortunately it now means he has a shelf life though just as I'm starting to like him!

Anyway, back to ED.
    Being talked about could have gone to my head, it won't, but it could have heh.

Lotty you could just miss out the eps you haven't seen and start again from tonight or last night from scratch, I doubt you would have missed much other than creepy Cameron trying and failing at Blackmail.

I wish I hadn't watched the first weeks Kwynne, enjoying last weeks more. About half way through now and my main gripe is that I simply can't believe that Charity would slip up like that to Cameron! Pull the other one ED :rolleyes:

Strangely enjoying Cameron, just let the man grow a moustache so he can twiddle it and be finished :D

Have to say that I haven't missed Jai one bit and can't believe it's a few months since he's been on.

Priya is being the usual pain in the @rse. There's just something about that woman that winds me up.

Persistence has paid off for Kerry I see. Now the character has something to do other than shag Andy and moon about after her daughter she might improve. And if she takes on Awful Ali in that factory and bops her one I'll love her forever :D

I'll have to read your latest analysis when I've seen last night's episode Kwynne but I'm sure it's up to the usual high standard!
    6521 Monday 8 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Declan and Steve lock horns over the racehorse

Belle’s gutted to learn Thomas has left without saying bye

Chas warns Cameron to control his temper

6522 Tuesday 9 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Irresponsible Kerry leaves Sarah home alone

Steve plans to settle the score with Declan

Jimmy’s gutted to feel he’s failed Thomas

6523 Wednesday 10 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Kerry panics when Amy confronts her about leaving Sarah

Alicia warms to Dom, but her heart’s still with David

Sneaky Bernice uses Nicola to dig for information on Declan

6524/25 Thursday 11 April 2013 7.00pm – 8.00pm

David confronts Dom in the pub over Alicia

Debbie hates seeing Chas with Cameron’s kids

Emotions run high at Nikhil and Gennie’s stag and hen do’s

6526 Friday 5 April 2013 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Gennie struggles to be enthusiastic about her wedding day

Defying Megan, Ali lets Sean keep his dog

Thanks for these 80's girl.

Very sorry that
    it looks like Thomas is leaving! Shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear

OMG, I hope not. I thought it might be
    that Cain 'chooses' Debbie instead of her when push comes to shove but I suppose that's quite lame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha! David's face when he saw Alicia in the wedding dress!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

How long have Katie and Charity been mates? Did I miss the beginning of that this morning? Come out of nowhere :confused:

(sorry, I'm a bit behind everyone else :o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    OMG, I hope not. I thought it might be
    that Cain 'chooses' Debbie instead of her when push comes to shove but I suppose that's quite lame.

I thought that at first Lotty, but I have just read for the following week
    Moira has a shock for Cain, but how will he react

Of course, it could be something else - but what :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your welcome :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he's given her an STD :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess it could be :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be far more likely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB: :eek:!!!
    Surley not Kwynne! :p:D
    I hope everything has settled back down again and everyone is OK now?

Had a lovely time thank you, the weather in Lanzarote was lovely, mainly quite hot with just a couple of dull days but there's a lovely breeze that keeps you comfortable. On the last day though the 'lovely breeze' turned into a mild hurricane but never mind, LOL! We hired a car and travelled the island seeing all the sights as well as being face stuffing, alcohol guzzling sun lounger lazies - we both put on about 12lb! *eeeeeeeeek!* lol!

Yes it really has been two weeks Onj, time flies when you're having fun! A bit worrying about Wor Tinkie, especially as in her last posts she wasn't well :( Fingers crossed she's back soon to put our minds at rest.

Corrie is fantastic at the moment, head an shoulders above the other soaps IMO. The Rovers fire and evil/not quite evil/crying/feeling guilty/not feeling guilty Karl stuff was brill! Unfortunately it now means he has a shelf life though just as I'm starting to like him!

Anyway, back to ED.

I wish I hadn't watched the first weeks Kwynne, enjoying last weeks more. About half way through now and my main gripe is that I simply can't believe that Charity would slip up like that to Cameron! Pull the other one ED :rolleyes:

Strangely enjoying Cameron, just let the man grow a moustache so he can twiddle it and be finished :D

Have to say that I haven't missed Jai one bit and can't believe it's a few months since he's been on.

Priya is being the usual pain in the @rse. There's just something about that woman that winds me up.

Persistence has paid off for Kerry I see. Now the character has something to do other than shag Andy and moon about after her daughter she might improve. And if she takes on Awful Ali in that factory and bops her one I'll love her forever :D

I'll have to read your latest analysis when I've seen last night's episode Kwynne but I'm sure it's up to the usual high standard!

Very sorry that
    it looks like Thomas is leaving! Shame.

Bet coming back here was quite a shock to the system then heh

That was the first Analysis for a while due to last weeks troubles which hopefully have calmed down now.:):)

Watching multiple eps is quite good, I watched both Thursday's and Fridays on saturday since I fell behind in viewing quite liked watching them all at once and restored my faith in soap which had previously been lost.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh for heaven's sake. Does no one in soaps use contraception? And let's face it they're not teenagers, most couples would have to try for a bit, so I hope they're not going to put it down to one drunken mistake or something. It would have been much more plausible if they had planned it and it happened a few months down the line. How many unplanned pregnancies can one small village have in a year? Oh well, hopefully that lets Charity and Belle of the unplanned pregnancy hook, they might have filled their quota.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet coming back here was quite a shock to the system then heh

That was the first Analysis for a while due to last weeks troubles which hopefully have calmed down now.:):)

Watching multiple eps is quite good, I watched both Thursday's and Fridays on saturday since I fell behind in viewing quite liked watching them all at once and restored my faith in soap which had previously been lost.

Yeah, I can see why omnibus episodes are popular, no hanging around waiting just straight into the next episode!
    oh for heaven's sake. Does no one in soaps use contraception? And let's face it they're not teenagers, most couples would have to try for a bit, so I hope they're not going to put it down to one drunken mistake or something. It would have been much more plausible if they had planned it and it happened a few months down the line. How many unplanned pregnancies can one small village have in a year? Oh well, hopefully that lets Charity and Belle of the unplanned pregnancy hook, they might have filled their quota.

Totally agree with what you've written in spoilers.

Jai. Jai. Jai. Look up the word 'hypocrite' in the dictionary mate and save us all from your blustering high horse-edness (I think I've just made that word up :D).

He's not only seemingly forgotten that HE had a one night stand which actually ended up with the result of this copulation living in the same village but he's ALSO forgot that he shagged Declan's wife! But doesn't like it now it's been done to him - karma - ain't it a b!tch? :cool::D

Stop crawling Charity, you'll be wanting to kill him one day - and it can't come soon enough :mad:

I am enjoying Bernice winding up Laurel :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on a minute, what's this about Sandy being 80? He took Ashley to a war memorial last year where he was talking about fallen comrades. Now, my mum is 77 this year and was only 9 when the war ended! Sandy must have been the youngest soldier in the war - only 12 when it ended never mind 'fallen comrades'!

Continuity eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on a minute, what's this about Sandy being 80? He took Ashley to a war memorial last year where he was talking about fallen comrades. Now, my mum is 77 this year and was only 9 when the war ended! Sandy must have been the youngest soldier in the war - only 12 when it ended never mind 'fallen comrades'!

Korea? Aden? Kenya in the 50's, no shortages of places and wars where Sandy's comrades might have fallen.

Either that or Emmerdale has been getting its sums wrong again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If this spoiler is true, then I think it could be a good SL for them but I agree with the BIB: it should not have been rushed.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How very dare you??!!!!:mad::mad: As if! :p
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This was indeed mentioned on t'Daily. Now to be kind, maybe kwynne's suggestion that it was another war might be true, but personally I'm not buying it.

Tbh, it worries, but doesn't surprise me, that the writers could make such a stupid, easily checkable mistake. Sort of explains a lot about Emmerdale really. :rolleyes::(

PS I'm a bit disappointed in Freddie Jones for not pointing that out. Surely he would know? :(
  • Options
    CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear

Could just about live with that as long as they don't have
    Moira going with Andy or Jimmy and turning it into another who's the daddy storyline
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that Stuart Blackburn was chosen as Corrie producer many months before it was made public. His tenure has been consistently dreadful but at least I always had the impression that he tried - good ideas but poorly executed.

But now the show is on stand by. Nothing is happening. It's like Stuart Blackburn didn't care about the show anymore because he knew he was leaving for Corrie. The storylines are dragged out well past their sell by date (Debbie fiasco, Jai/Rachel, David/Alicia). The other storylines are fillers - Belle the petulant teen. Edna and Sandy, The vet arguing, Rachel and Sam puppy love, Cain and Moira, loads of pregnancies ... Riveting drama. The only storyline that is a bit different is Brenda,s tumour but it has been a disappointment. Unless the actress is leaving we know she's eventually going to have the surgery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    Could just about live with that as long as they don't have
    Moira going with Andy or Jimmy and turning it into another who's the daddy storyline
    No it's gonna be the usual. Do I keep the baby? Of course she will. The question is where is she going to give birth? The Barton barn? The back of the Dingle van? The Woolpack cellar?
This discussion has been closed.