Options

Veronica Mars the Movie

Comments

• Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ turns out the $10,000er isn't a big VM fan. Rather he is a fan of fan-funder projects and wanted to help out. IIUC he is handing the role to one of his VM fan friends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^ turns out the $10,000er isn't a big VM fan. Rather he is a fan of fan-funder projects and wanted to help out. IIUC he is handing the role to one of his VM fan friends.

cool, that's nice of him
  • Options
    wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this gonna be a cinema film or a television film? Veronica Mars was never that popular to be in for a big cinema film like The X files, Sex and the city and other tv shows who made it on to film.

It doesn't need to have 100mill potential though. All it needs to do is make the production and marketing budgets back (ideally from US box office alone) and this seems to be what they so often forget when dismissing smaller films
  • Options
    Knuxs7Knuxs7 Posts: 3,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done! I believe they made it to the 2 million mark in one day! (UK time they made it around 1am, but obviously America is some hours behind us).

As predicted I suppose, the total is slowing down lots now. Perhaps we might get to 4 or 5 million before the 30 days are over. In any event, YAY! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna say it again, but when the non-us rewards come out, total will double. And that's a fact/guess.
  • Options
    wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knuxs7 wrote: »
    All done! I believe they made it to the 2 million mark in one day! (UK time they made it around 1am, but obviously America is some hours behind us).

As predicted I suppose, the total is slowing down lots now. Perhaps we might get to 4 or 5 million before the 30 days are over. In any event, YAY! :D

Sure its not the 2.3mill of day 1 but its done 800k today in pledges. If they can keep adding new rewards when the limited ones are all taken, come up with some solid stretch goals to encourage more donations and most importantly get some of the legal issues with Rewards for international backers sorted so they can up sell some of these then it should be much higher than 5mill.

Additionally they are getting TV coverage now too so the less tech savvy people who watched the show may start pledging too which could cause a boost
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just donated $10. How could I resist an appeal from the delightful KB?

If only they'd lift the restriction on non-US deliveries I might be tempted to donate more.
  • Options
    JasJas Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I donated $10 on the first day and will definitely be upping that when they get the international shipping sorted
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    If only they'd lift the restriction on non-US deliveries I might be tempted to donate more.

International film distribution rights for a studio produced film are a massively complex maze of laws and contracts. They've been inundated by international fans complaining about the restriction, and they've got pencil pushers working on it, but it's not going to be as simple as just deciding to flip a switch to lift restrictions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anachrony wrote: »
    International film distribution rights for a studio produced film are a massively complex maze of laws and contracts. They've been inundated by international fans complaining about the restriction, and they've got pencil pushers working on it, but it's not going to be as simple as just deciding to flip a switch to lift restrictions.

Some of the international restrictions have now been lifted:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project/posts/438619
  • Options
    passingbatpassingbat Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the international restrictions have now been lifted:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project/posts/438619

Great news (I've been checking daily). Went for $50 to get the DVD and digital download.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    passingbat wrote: »
    Great news (I've been checking daily). Went for $50 to get the DVD and digital download.

Tempting... let's just hope they don't make the DVD region 1 only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would be very surprised if they do, given that they now have international backers on board. It will most likely be region free.

If/when they opened it up for international backers, I was just going to go for the $35 for the digital download, but the DVD has more on including a 'making of' feature, so got tempted to pay a bit more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Hi!

Just a quick reminder that the first nine reward levels are now open to overseas backers, including the UK.

Also, there are now only seven days left to pledge. And they have just opened a $1 donor level in an effort to break the Kickstarter record for most backers ever. So if anyone that hasn't pledged yet wanted to do so, here's a good opportunity. And it would be really appreciated.

Plus, all backers will get exclusive for-their-eyes only content. And you can get in on that with a simple $1 pledge!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...3?ref=activity

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-movie-project

And if you are reading this but have not yet watched Veronica Mars, I couldn't recommend it enough. And here's a short article just for YOU.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-...39.html?ref=tw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's confirmed that UK DVDs will be region 2 so no need to worry

What region will the international DVDs be?
    Region 1 for United States and Canada. Region 2 for Europe. Region 4 for Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Mexico.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Having already hit $4.6 million through Kickstarter contributions, Rob Thomas' Veronica Mars feature film is getting closer every day. Today, Thomas offered an update, showing off brand new promotional artwork to be featured on T-shirts sent to those who contributed $25 or more. The shirts modeled by Logan Echolls himself, Jason Dohring.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102522
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I'm in 2 minds whether to donate to this or not. Actually, now the target has been met, the only reason i would donate is so i get a download or dvd of the film. But will there be a dvd of the film released anyway in the UK? Does anyone know?

If there is then i imagine it will cost a damn less than i would have to donate to get it through this.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they can hit the $5 Million mark in the next 3 days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    Actually, now the target has been met,.

The target was there as a minimum just to guarantee that the film could be made. The more they raise, the better the film will be. With more money, they will be able to shoot it in the original location of the series rather than cheaper locations, have more production time and a whole other bunch of stuff that will lead to a better film.

If they do reach 5 million, which seems fairly certain, that is still a very small budget for a feature film. And out of that 5 million, Kickstarter take 5% and presumably Amazon will charge for handling the donations. So, the more money they get by the time it ends in 3 gays time, the better.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    passingbat wrote: »
    So, the more money they get by the time it ends in 3 gays time, the better.

Are we measuring time in gays now then?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we measuring time in gays now then?:D
    Ooops.... that would be 'days' time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in 2 minds whether to donate to this or not. Actually, now the target has been met, the only reason i would donate is so i get a download or dvd of the film. But will there be a dvd of the film released anyway in the UK? Does anyone know?

If there is then i imagine it will cost a damn less than i would have to donate to get it through this.

for a small (ish) donation you'll get your mitts on one of those limited edition t-shirts (which won't be on sale for the general public when the movie gets released)
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    for a small (ish) donation you'll get your mitts on one of those limited edition t-shirts (which won't be on sale for the general public when the movie gets released)

I'm not that fussed about the other stuff. All i'm interested in is being able to watch the film. So basically that's what i will donate for.

The only thing is, will the film come out on DVD anyway? That's the point. If the film will be released to the UK public anyway, then i don't really see the point of donating to get it.

Nobody does seem to know whether it will get a release though so i guess i will end up donating the required amount to get hold of the film.

I hope they do get the $5m now btw, very close, hoping they do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing is, will the film come out on DVD anyway? That's the point. If the film will be released to the UK public anyway, then i don't really see the point of donating to get it..
    The point of donating to the project is that it will help to make a better film. If you just buy the DVD if/when it will be released, all you will be doing is adding to Warner Bros. profits... the people who cancelled the show and weren't prepared to fund a film.

I do agree that it will cost you more to get the DVD via the project, but you do get the satisfaction of playing a small part in making the film to be as good as possible.