After E3 - PS4 or Xbox One?

Comments

• Graeme_WoodGraeme_Wood Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I'm not overly concerned with DRM on consoles - after all, I buy all my PC games through Steam. But the price difference is huge, especially for a more powerful console - so PS4 for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a no brainer

superior console for a cheaper price with way more features

ps4 , and sony severely gave MS a good kicking

is this the moment that won sony the next gen battle?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be jumping ship to HMS Sony.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere I can watch Sony again, my stream got so bad I just left and went to bed.

Cheers anyone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere I can watch Sony again, my stream got so bad I just left and went to bed.

Cheers anyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmoZAPDV3ew

conference starts at 36.30
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thx a lot.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    its a no brainer

Its definitely a good contender :D
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been a Sony person and have never been interested in the X-Box however if the roles were reversed and it was the PS4 that was more expensive and restrictive, I would probably change my allegiance.

Microsoft seem determined to piss people off these days. I'm not sure what they are thinking. they can't keep doing u-turns.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    Its definitely a good contender :D

i loved that part
    the audience went crazy :)
    total dig at MS suicidal drm stance

loved the slide

Trade in Games at retail
    Sell it to another person
    Lend it to a friend
    or Keep forever
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a no brainer

I didn't watch the conference but when he announced used games for the PS4 and the crowd roared, I got goosebumps!

I do believe Sony has taken a huge step to thrashing MS at the retailers come launch day.

How developers and publishers react to 2 systems with different rules, I don't know.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is that with the PS4 having a low price tag you will get all the little annoying kids that play COD and other games on the xbox 360 moving over to PS4. With the xbox one being more expensive it will be better for online with xbox one. I would much rarther play my COD with a load of sensible and mature adults than I would little annoying kids. It's just my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only bad part about sonys conference imo is the fact that online will no longer be free to play

if i understand it correctly only psn plus subscribers can play online
    and non subscribers can only play offline and access media services

but id recommend psn plus to anyone, ive been long time sub and cannot fault the value in anyway
    so it wont affect me much but some people will maybe not like having to pay to play online
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    The thing is that with the PS4 having a low price tag you will get all the little annoying kids that play COD and other games on the xbox 360 moving over to PS4. With the xbox one being more expensive it will be better for online with xbox one. I would much rarther play my COD with a load of sensible and mature adults than I would little annoying kids. It's just my opinion.

These kids will likely be obsessed with gamer score and their mates will all have an Xbox so I doubt that will be the case.

I actually didn't have the same issues online with 360 as others did, it was always fine for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt 360 come bundled with headset
    thats prob why there was lots of ''aanoying kids''

ps4 comes bundled with headset , so that will likley increase the amount annoying kids online before any ms fanboy turncoats join the party
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always been a Xbox fan but not this time, Sony have utterly nailed it by giving people exactly what they want in a console that is considerably cheaper on launch the the One with no pre-owned game restrictions or pointless logging on the internet once a day to continue playing games.

Screw Microsoft, Sony have a new customer.
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No internet requirement, no restriction on 2nd hand games, much cheaper.

Much better. However, is it true that online is no longer free? That would be a negative.

How much does PSN Plus cost?
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony won this event by a landslide IMO.

Clear and concise points about their used games and online policies as well as launching £80 under the XBOX One price. Not bundling the Eye with each console, actually allowing us the choice of whether we want to be included in that side of gaming.

MS needs to learn that you dont bite the hand that feeds you, and that is exactly what they have done. The crowd and online reaction towards Sony goes to show that people do not want to be restricted by ridiculous walls and features.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Just a few nuggets:

You only need 1 PS+ account on a PS4 for any other accounts to be able to game online

PS4 games will be region free

PS4 HDDs can be easily replaced as before

HDMI only output (as generally expected)

Size wise, the Xbone is 40% larger.. The PS4 is the same size as a 2009 PS3 slim.
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only bad part about sonys conference imo is the fact that online will no longer be free to play

but id recommend psn plus to anyone, ive been long time sub and cannot fault the value in anyway
    so it wont affect me much but some people will maybe not like having to pay to play online

How much is it at the moment per month?
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    cooltv wrote: »

Surely if they are "sensible and mature" they won't have bought a One in the first place? :D
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    JaiJai wrote: »

£39.99 per year.

It may be cheaper by shopping around
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Microsoft are going to have to backpedal here? at the moment choosing between the two is a no brainer. As Ubisoft found out on the PC, there is a limit to how much crap people will put up with.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »

Game charge 35 for live, 39 for PS+
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They did not exactly make it clear. They glossed over it quickly making people question it. Has it been confirmed by Sony that you will need this to play online?
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I was reading through this thread and found it to be heavily in favour of PS4. I haven't seen E3 yet. So I went over the Xbox Forums to see what they had to say (to see if they had any positives for the other side).

I was shocked to find a poll, taken so far by 165 people resulted in 76.36% for PS4 and 23.64% for XB1.

I started thinking about it. Everything that MS has said so far is benefits for them to lock down the console for their own needs and benefits. But I couldn't see any overall benefits for the gamer, that weren't going to be available on PS4 and for a cheaper amount.

I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot see one thing that would actually say go for the XB1 for a gamer (apart from an exclusive game or two, but does that make it worth it) and be happy about what you have bought? :confused: