Options

Vanishing Spray Doesnt work in the Rain Then

jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
it is raining at the Britannia, and at the free kicks the spray hasn't been used.

If it can't be used in the rain, it means it won't be in use for most of the winter then.

I'm guessing it wouldn't work on a pitch which has snow on it either, as it wouldn't be visable

Comments

• Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is raining at the Britannia, and at the free kicks the spray hasn't been used.

If it can't be used in the rain, it means it won't be in use for most of the winter then.

I'm guessing it wouldn't work on a pitch which has snow on it either, as it wouldn't be visable

Ref could just draw a line in the snow!
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    big mac wrote: »
    Ref could just draw a line in the snow!

A yellow line?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Does the spray have to be white?

In the winter they use different coloured balls so they are more visible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Does the spray have to be white?

In the winter they use different coloured balls so they are more visible.

That is what I was thinking Give it the beginning of November we will be back to playing with a Yellow bal again.

I no the Premier league sides barely have a flake of snow on them during play.
  • Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    A yellow line?

:D Indeed.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There can't be too many Premier League matches that'd have a covering of snow.
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    There can't be too many Premier League matches that'd have a covering of snow.

With most - if not all - PL clubs having undersoil heating, the only reason why games get called off when there is snow is on grounds of public safety, if roads on approach to ground and stadia car parks and concourse are deemed unsafe.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    It worked fine in tropical downpours in Brazil.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It worked fine in tropical downpours in Brazil.

Yeh but that wasn't proper English rain was it.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member

The refs should use that expanding foam used by builders to fill gaps around masonry/windows etc.

It’s waterproof, weatherproof, quick-drying and comes in different colours.

It’s also permanent....... so it would give the home-team players/manager an excellent indication of what went wrong when they concede a goal from a free-kick.

They could use the hardened foam to accurately re-create the exact position of the ball and defensive-wall at the time of the free-kick and hopefully learn from their mistakes.

I can’t believe the FA hasn’t considered this ‘solution’ before.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could use a plastic tee like they do in rugby
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Does it rain every day in the winter?
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    Yeh but that wasn't proper English rain was it.

Yeh, nuffink can 'andle them cold propah rainy english nites at like stoke an them otha norfern cittis innit? Not even dat bazilain fella mezzy that plays for real madid like, an he's well gud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouter wrote: »
    Yeh, nuffink can 'andle them cold propah rainy english nites at like stoke an them otha norfern cittis innit? Not even dat bazilain fella mezzy that plays for real madid like, an he's well gud.

Sorry to be be pedantic, but I think ‘dat bazilain fella’ you’re referring to is Lionel Messi.....he plays for Atlético Madrid not Real Madrid; and he’s actually Uruguayan........same nationality as the notorious ‘dental assassin’ Luis Sturridge.
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    Sorry to be be pedantic, but I think ‘dat bazilain fella’ you’re referring to is Lionel Messi.....he plays for Atlético Madrid not Real Madrid; and he’s actually Uruguayan........same nationality as the notorious ‘dental assassin’ Luis Sturridge.

Fanx 4 dat. i gotz muzzled up, i fink! So hez a urugay, dats gud 4 him like. i fink i no a fuw of dem, 1 of me bessie m8s 1 too. i fink 1 even plays for ze gerries!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fanx 4 dat. i gotz muzzled up, i fink! So hez a urugay, dats gud 4 him like. i fink i no a fuw of dem, 1 of me bessie m8s 1 too. i fink 1 even plays for ze gerries!

You're welcome; glad to be of help.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bolton fans have tried to spray Dougie Freedman and Phil Gartside with the vanishing spray.

It doesn't work, they're still there.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    The refs should use that expanding foam used by builders to fill gaps around masonry/windows etc.

They could use the hardened foam to accurately re-create the exact position of the ball and defensive-wall at the time of the free-kick and hopefully learn from their mistakes.

I can’t believe the FA hasn’t considered this ‘solution’ before.

You have missed your way in life, that would have been an excellent solution for the pre-video 1950s or even 1960s! ;-)
  • Options
    bigtunesbigtunes Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TUV(German testing body) have banned it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When it stopped raining last night, the ref pulled the can out
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When it stopped raining last night, the ref pulled the can out

Is that a euphemism?
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I actually for a moment thought my browser had converted the page to a foriegn language :D
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ow, my brain hurts.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With most - if not all - PL clubs having undersoil heating, the only reason why games get called off when there is snow is on grounds of public safety, if roads on approach to ground and stadia car parks and concourse are deemed unsafe.

I don't think Burnley or Crystal Palace have undersoil heating?
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a good laugh reading about messy. Thanks guys.