Katy perry head line act at Brits 2017. New Single this month.

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the political undertones?

She makes nods toward the US election, and the American dream etc. It is very subtle like youd have to look for it :p
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it already. It's Typical Katy but goes in a whole new direction. I feel this single will win new fans and her spine of her fan baswith will be treated to classic Katy on her new album. I hope it charts well.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Not a fan. Amateur lyrics which sound like they were penned by a schoolkid.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    This is flopping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    This is flopping.

How is it?
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    This is flopping.

That is ashame, I think Katy's problem is actually not releasing songs or an album before now, plus I think she needs to advertise it better. :(
    Forum Member
    Although if you look on the article about Spotify, you couldn't say it was flopping. ;)
  • ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like a Donna Summer B side very early 80s in style, Its like a weak version of 'State Of Independence' with compulsory unneeded rap of course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is flopping.

It's not doing no as well as Roar, but it's far from flopping. And not every song can or has to be a roar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also for a flop single she broke the record for most streams in a day by a female artist over 3 million. She broke Adele's record, pretty impressive.
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Also for a flop single she broke the record for most streams in a day by a female artist over 3 million. She broke Adele's record, pretty impressive.

Do you think it'll do well in the charts. I can't see it being number one but I hope it at least makes the Top Ten. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think it'll do well in the charts. I can't see it being number one but I hope it at least makes the Top Ten. :)

Not a number one no but like a 24k magic style hit 😀. The charts have changed so it isn't always easy to tell. But she's top ten on iTunes and top twenty Spotify, and as yet no promo. I'm thinking slow burn.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    It's not doing no as well as Roar, but it's far from flopping. And not every song can or has to be a roar.

Brave was far better ;-)
  • mceyedolmceyedol Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Apparently the label have now said it's a buzz track. Ooops
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mceyedol wrote: »

Source, becuase it's doing well not amazing but well enough.
    Forum Member
    mceyedol wrote: »

What does that mean? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does that mean? :confused:

Don't pay any attention. to people calling the song a flop. Calling a song a buzz single is acknowledging the song wasn't a hit, without having to say it.

Her label has said nothing of the sort, she has had 6 million streams in 3 days and is top ten in most major markets on itunes. She already has an audience impression of 27 million on US pop and HAC radio and this is without promo.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    It's all computer generated music.

I know in the 80's people loved the music but then in the 90's it was slagged off for computer generated drums and keyboards on every song but even listening now, it's great to see just how many songs had actual instruments played, digital drums yes but played alongside real drums with real percussion. Real guitars. Real brass. Real live musicians.

I'm surprised this kind of music has lasted this long. I think i started noticing it in 2009. This dancey music, this computer generated music. It's 2017 lol. It's 8 years now that I've noticed it. I really thought Katy would have tried something different, her first album had a good mix of that. Real instruments mixed in with keyboards and synths and digital drums. A good mix but when was that? 2008? So it ties in with what I said about 2009.

I just don't think it's for me. Everything sounds the same.
    Forum Member
    Don't pay any attention. to people calling the song a flop. Calling a song a buzz single is acknowledging the song wasn't a hit, without having to say it.

Her label has said nothing of the sort, she has had 6 million streams in 3 days and is top ten in most major markets on itunes. She already has an audience impression of 27 million on US pop and HAC radio and this is without promo.

Thank you. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRIT awards performance now confirmed and announced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amazing promo 🙌
    Forum Member

Excellent! :D
  • evkylemeatsixevkylemeatsix Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    She's at #6 in the midweeks - probably just miss out on Top 10 by Friday
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to her Brits performance as I enjoyed her Gramnys performance.

I am really liking it, Anyone else think it has a Eurovision sound about it? By that I mean Its a song that you could see being at Eurovision.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's at #6 in the midweeks - probably just miss out on Top 10 by Friday

She is climbing Itunes atm . "Chained to the Rythm" will land In the top ten on Friday.