Options

Daybreak No More ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article says it all really (according to the sun!!) well that is sky tv,s paper anyway and i dont believe a word that manchester united paper says:yawn:But agreed it should be called day adds rather than daybreak as everytime i flick it over to get a quick view a bloody advert is on.To be honest to call it breakfast is close to the bbc version.Oh an as for eamonn holmes another man u supporter which is why he is working for his buddies at sky:D i cant stand the man so breakfast tv is rubbish now anyway so i stick with milkshake:D if i had to watch a breakfast show its the beeb for me.

Did not know Murders had taken over Man U? also is not milkshake aimed at children.

Your last line is of course correct " its the beeb for me"
    fully agree
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what may be a last desperate throw by the ITV press office the News of the World today has an interview with Christine in which she talks about marriage to Frankie Lampard, her underwear and how Daybreak is improving:eek:
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janet owen wrote: »
    Did not know Murders had taken over Man U? also is not milkshake aimed at children.

Your last line is of course correct " its the beeb for me"
    fully agree

What i meant by that is that sky seem to be very close to man u and i find milkshake more entertaining than daybreak:D But defo the beeb is better but what can be worse really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What i meant by that is that sky seem to be very close to man u and i find milkshake more entertaining than daybreak:D But defo the beeb is better but what can be worse really.

Why would Sky be closer to Man U than any other club ?
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not going to go into details but trust me sky and man u have a very close relationship but thats all i will say on this and its going off topic;)
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    ITV blosses are considering changing the name of their breakfast show because Daybreak is so closely associated with failure, according to The Sun. Apparently staff on the programme now answer the phones with ''ITV Breakfast'' and not Daybreak. Any suggestions - they could call it Wake Up with Wogan (no, I know he's not on it but might get them more viewers:D)

ITV Breakfast would be a more suitable name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not going to go into details but trust me sky and man u have a very close relationship but thats all i will say on this and its going off topic;)

So you're making a wild allegation you can't substantiate - so why raise it in the first place ?
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV blosses are considering changing the name of their breakfast show because Daybreak is so closely associated with failure, according to The Sun. Apparently staff on the programme now answer the phones with ''ITV Breakfast'' and not Daybreak. Any suggestions - they could call it Wake Up with Wogan (no, I know he's not on it but might get them more viewers:D)

so when viewers switch on on monday morning what are they going to tune into? breakfast or daybreak or somthingelse?
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares what they tune into-why would anyone want a tv set on first thing in the morning?
  • Options
    rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To catch up with the news? To see what the weather is going to be like etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosalynn wrote: »
    To catch up with the news? To see what the weather is going to be like etc?

I find out what the weather will be like by looking out the window. I find the forecasts on both BBC and ITV highly unreliable - when they say it's going to rain I know it's not and vice versa.I suspect both parties could save a lot of money by not paying the Met Office - if it was any other line of business they could get them under the Trades Description Act (I also find the forecasts on the BBC and Sky web sites equally unreliable)
  • Options
    rob_bangorrob_bangor Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

dont sky own part of man u? i seem to recall they bought something like a 9% stake in the late 90's/ early 00's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rob_bangor wrote: »
    dont sky own part of man u? i seem to recall they bought something like a 9% stake in the late 90's/ early 00's

Is there anything wrong in Man U and Sky having a close relationship (if indeed they do).Is some sort of impropriety being suggested here ?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    so when viewers switch on on monday morning what are they going to tune into? breakfast or daybreak or somthingelse?
    BBC Breakfast more than like likely ;)
  • Options
    Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Almira G wrote: »
    The Gone Show with Tango & Cash

Ha! I like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching it.
    They're having a Harry Potter week.
    Tried to throw to a reporter in Stafford but she couldn't hear the prompt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what may be a last desperate throw by the ITV press office the News of the World today has an interview with Christine in which she talks about marriage to Frankie Lampard, her underwear and how Daybreak is improving:eek:
    #

Her underwear:eek:, better make sure this edition is kept off Aer Lingus flights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching it.
    They're having a Harry Potter week.
    Tried to throw to a reporter in Stafford but she couldn't hear the prompt.

Blame Merlin.
  • Options
    DelennDelenn Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See. NotW is now behind a paywall, so we can't find out about her underwear!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delenn wrote: »
    See. NotW is now behind a paywall, so we can't find out about her underwear!

''The night before (going to work) I lay everything out ,even my underwear, ready to go so I don't have to think about anything and I won't wake him (Lamps) up. I'm very quiet. I have a quick shower get dressed and I'm out of there.....Frank's very good with the 3 am alarm, I just don't think he even hears it !''

On Lamps's groin strain:'' It's not like he's home twiddling his thumbs, he's working his groin off, so to speak !''

c News Group Newspapers

Please send your £1 to Mr R. Murdoch,Wapping