Fringe Finale Discussion Thread (saturday 19th January) 1:10am Sky One

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn, September's Notebook has been delayed. Was looking forward to reading that soon. Another couple of weeks to wait :(

um um um.. What is this? :D
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the whole season was very Matrix-y , the observers were a lot like the Agents and the interrogation scenes and the talk about who should be the next stage of evolution etc.

Agreed. I got the same Matrix vibe as well. Can't say Windmark has a patch on Agent Smith though :o. It's a pity the Observers didn't quite live up to their billing and hype from earlier seasons. They acted pretty stupid at times during the course of the season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Finally sat down to watch the final four episodes of Fringe. As much as I love the series, I have to admit the finale was a major disappointment! Still have to sit down and give it proper thought, but it seemed lazy, it outdid the need for pretty much of the action of the last season and quite honestly it did little for me. As a fan of the show, episodes normally "awake a reaction" in me through my attachment to the characetrs and story, but in all honesty the finale did nothing! Major let down.

My thoughts exactly, the "lazy" comment you made really sums it up.

I said it before and will say it again, jeff pinkner leaving the show either on good or bad terms (the jury is still out on this:)) had a big knock on effect on this final season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got any info on what this actual is, amazon dont say a lot.

It's basically Fringe's version of the Lost encyclopaedia.

In the style of a notebook kept by September it includes profiles on all the characters and storylines from inside the show including concept art and photographs.

Basically a piece of memorabilia of the show.

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/fringe_notebook_astrid_full.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2013/01/fringe-embed.jpg
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    It's basically Fringe's version of the Lost encyclopaedia.

In the style of a notebook kept by September it includes profiles on all the characters and storylines from inside the show including concept art and photographs.

Basically a piece of memorabilia of the show.

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/fringe_notebook_astrid_full.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2013/01/fringe-embed.jpg

Thanks for those images. Looks great. I'm very excited! Need something to keep me going until the complete boxset comes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I said it before and will say it again, jeff pinkner leaving the show either on good or bad terms (the jury is still out on this:)) had a big knock on effect on this final season.

Can't help but agree with this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    September's Notebook arrived today. I have just flicked through it so far and it looks wonderful. Case files, September's notes, envelopes with letters and posters. It looks like a great book to read and I can't wait to get through it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received mine today too. :D It's awesome.

Liked the foreword from Pinkner and Wyman and have just started to read through. Found a minor error, but other than that a very good little memento.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feels such a long time since the finale aired. Forgotten most of it :o.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Yeah, if you told me it ended last May I wouldn't question you. :D

Feels ages, I feel like re-watching it again though. Reading the notebook is getting me hooked again.
  • MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky are showing Fringe in the early hours on Sky 2, it is up to Season 3 now.

I watched Season 1 on blu-ray a couple of weeks ago, I had forgotten just how brilliant the start of the pilot episode was.

The 747 is flying through a thunderstorm after all the crew and passenger died from the bio weapon and it zooms out to show the plane, the clouds and the lightning accompanied by the piano music - absolutely top quality CGI and a brilliantly edited lead in to the titles.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may get September's Notebook. I got the Lost Encyclopedia and absolutely love it, so it will be nice to have a similar item for Fringe. I wasn't a big fan of the end, but I adored the show in general. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love the limited edition, which includes a small box with a chunk of amber in but the price is extortionate and only sold in US I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A limited edition with a block of amber? I like the sound of that!

Do you have a link to this? I couldn't seem to find one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/FringeNotebook/status/311622869614465025

It's available from May. Only 300 are being made.

As much as I'd love a piece of amber, $250 is not worth it just for a couple extra posters in the book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, yeah, it would be nice to have that but it's definitely not worth spending $250 on. I think I'll just stick to the posters I have! Thanks anyway.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise I'm late to the party (as usual), but only watched the final yesterday and am still feeling a little "meh" at the ending. Thanks for the links on Septembers notebook though - that's now on order!

Started reading all through this thread & thought my brain was going to explode at everyone's explanations of paradoxes! All in all, a great romp, with the first 3 seasons being stronger, but still glad I stuck with it till the end. Will give it a bit of a break then probably do a re-watch at some point & play "spot the observer"!
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    I realise I'm late to the party (as usual), but only watched the final yesterday and am still feeling a little "meh" at the ending. Thanks for the links on Septembers notebook though - that's now on order!

Started reading all through this thread & thought my brain was going to explode at everyone's explanations of paradoxes! All in all, a great romp, with the first 3 seasons being stronger, but still glad I stuck with it till the end. Will give it a bit of a break then probably do a re-watch at some point & play "spot the observer"!

And you thought YOU were late to the party ;-)

After being poorly over the last few weeks I have ploughed through Fringe after finding all 5 seasons on Netflix - not knowing ANYTHING about it - apart from the fact that fans had bombarded Fox to give it another series.

WOW ! What a series............

That's all I have to say.

Apart from - what should I watch next (already seen x files)

Dave
  • BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Loved this show & really missing it now. Lost count of how many times I have watched all 5 seasons since it was cancelled, have them all on DVD & about halfway through season 1.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    It ended excellently and I love the series
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    whiteswan wrote: »
    what should I watch next (already seen x files)

I adored Fringe, thought the finale season was poor in comparison & suffered JP leaving, nevertheless we got a proper end to the show.

Regarding your question, have you been watching The Strain?
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Yep watched The Strain - does anybody recommend Warehouse 13 or Haven ?

Dave
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Hi

Yep watched The Strain - does anybody recommend Warehouse 13 or Haven ?

Dave

I recommend Warehouse 13 but it's more of a comedy fantasy. Not a serious dramatic sci-fi show.