Options

HTC M8 Aka ONE+

slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couple of names being thrown around for the HTC One follow up. Going with the HTC m8 like the One's m7 code name. Also a rumour going around that it will be called the one+. So seems HTC Could do an apple by doing the equivalent of the Iphone 5 and 5S. So a real next gen follow up likely to follow later?

Anyways some rumoured specs

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-plus-m8-329626/

5″ FullHD 1080p covered by Gorilla Glass 3
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805
2GB LPDDR3 RAM
6 or 8MP UltraPixel camera (possibly with double lens)
2.1MP front camera
Software buttons
2900mAh battery
Android KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0
micro-SIM, microSD
NFC

I think a big battery is now needed with this super powerful CPUs and high def screens, so a 2900mah will be a good thing. Software buttons, not so sure about that, didnt really like that on my Nexus 4, unless HTC find a way to make them a little more discreet than Android stock buttons, and hopefully disappear when using fulls screen apps and video. Micro SD card, I know many will welcome this move, even though Android has actually dropped apps to SD. For me, I don't really mind either way.

Ultra pixel camera has been controversial,but i can honestly say I actually quite like the HTC One's camera. In low light it's pretty damn good.

However I will likely be out for this model and will see out my 2 year contract with three. Anyone who didn't get the One, and will be looking for a phone may want to give this phone a look, once we have more details, announcement etc.

As for overall specs, I think the spec race is getting a little tired now, and these phones are plenty fast. I think we need to see innovation with software features, and definitely improvements in battery life to keep up with all this trailblazing tech they are cramming into these phones now.

Comments

• Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Great timing with My end of contract due end of Feb. I have a S2 at the moment & have previously been considering the S4 or HTC One, but I might hold off until this hit's the market.
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure it will have a Snapdragon 805 though, which apparently isn't ready until late 2014, unless HTC know something we don't. Most likely a Snapdragon 800 but you never know.

The dual lense thing sounds interesting. Provided Nokia don't claim they got that particular patent! They have been on HTCs case for a good while now.