Options

Daybreak No More ?

ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ITV blosses are considering changing the name of their breakfast show because Daybreak is so closely associated with failure, according to The Sun. Apparently staff on the programme now answer the phones with ''ITV Breakfast'' and not Daybreak. Any suggestions - they could call it Wake Up with Wogan (no, I know he's not on it but might get them more viewers:D)

Comments

• Options
    rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has never changed from 'GMTV' according to my HDD recorder so maybe they foresaw this a while ago :)
  • Options
    lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What everybody else is calling it

Daybroken
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lbear wrote: »
    What everybody else is calling it

Daybroken

Eamonn Holmes on Sky Sunrise called it "Dawn of the Dead".
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article says it all really (according to the sun!!) well that is sky tv,s paper anyway and i dont believe a word that manchester united paper says:yawn:But agreed it should be called day adds rather than daybreak as everytime i flick it over to get a quick view a bloody advert is on.To be honest to call it breakfast is close to the bbc version.Oh an as for eamonn holmes another man u supporter which is why he is working for his buddies at sky:D i cant stand the man so breakfast tv is rubbish now anyway so i stick with milkshake:D if i had to watch a breakfast show its the beeb for me.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Eamonn Holmes on Sky Sunrise called it "Dawn of the Dead".

For clarity is this the Eamonn Holmes who was going to present the show until he was told his services would not be required?
  • Options
    ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article says it all really (according to the sun!!) well that is sky tv,s paper anyway and i dont believe a word that manchester united paper says:yawn:But agreed it should be called day adds rather than daybreak as everytime i flick it over to get a quick view a bloody advert is on.To be honest to call it breakfast is close to the bbc version.Oh an as for eamonn holmes another man u supporter which is why he is working for his buddies at sky:D i cant stand the man so breakfast tv is rubbish now anyway so i stick with milkshake:D if i had to watch a breakfast show its the beeb for me.

Dont know if your interested Suffolkblue but I got MUTV for £3 a month off Sky, you can watch Paddy Crerand with your breakfast .

:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    For clarity is this the Eamonn Holmes who was going to present the show until he was told his services would not be required?

I would not be surprised if Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford moved to Daybreak (itv seems so pre-occupied with chemistry and couples) and then we could send Adrian and Christine to This Morning for Fridays only.
  • Options
    msimmsim Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm... the production division behind Daybreak and Lorraine is ITV Breakfast Ltd. More poor 'journalism' from Wapping
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »

It could be the same Eamonn Holmes who was never even approached by ITV re Daybreak.I always remember when he was on the Lottery show (before the BBC got rid of him) and a protestor appeared on camera. Holmes bolted behind a young girl (I think the adjudicator) who was on stage.I believe his programme is lucky to get an audience of 100,000 and the ratings actually go up when he's off:D
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Holmes bolted behind a young girl

he would need an entire chorus line to hide behind!
  • Options
    henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Wake up with a WAG"
  • Options
    Mr KennethMr Kenneth Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Switched to it from BBC Breakfast for the first time and I have to say that it is awful. I'd rather have the testcard and music. Mr K.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Kenneth wrote: »
    Switched to it from BBC Breakfast for the first time and I have to say that it is awful. I'd rather have the testcard and music. Mr K.

The strike meant BBC Breakfast was a little less lively today. Try it on a day when it isn't directly affected by industrial action. ;)
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    The strike meant BBC Breakfast was a little less lively today. Try it on a day when it isn't directly affected by industrial action. ;)

Actually he said Daybreak was still worse than Breakfast - with the presenters and a load of support staff missing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is also a new Harrison Ford / Diane Keaton movie coming out "Morning Glory" about a failing morning breakfast show called...

Daybreak.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is also a new Harrison Ford / Diane Keaton movie coming out "Morning Glory" about a failing morning breakfast show called...

Daybreak.
    Oh, I do hope that they get their entertainment reporter (is it Kate G or that bloke) to review it when it comes out .....
  • Options
    henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Oh, I do hope that they get their entertainment reporter (is it Kate G or that bloke) to review it when it comes out .....

If the producers of Daybreak were smart (not that they appear to have made many clever decisions thus far) they would embrace the joke and run with it. E.g. when the film is due to come out here, start an episode with Bleakley and Chiles each watching it and taking notes, or re-enacting a scene from it as part of the Daybreak programme. They should not pretend that people won't see the film's premise and make the obvious connection. They could show viewers that they: a) have a sense of humour; b) acknowledge the programme's own shortcomings; c) don't think their audience are morons (something they got spectacularly wrong with that insulting phone-in competition the first week) and will get the joke.

Not that any of that will happen, of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new title should be "Hello...Anybody Watching?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually he said Daybreak was still worse than Breakfast - with the presenters and a load of support staff missing!

I know, I misread, my mistake :D
  • Options
    G926G926 Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could call it Good Morning with a Thames View. Or just shorten it to GMTV :)
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    Alternatively they could just call it 'Cancelled', which at this rate won't be that far into the future anyway.
  • Options
    Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Gone Show with Tango & Cash
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who wants to see Adrian's miserable facial expressions first thing in the morning?
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    who wants to see Adrian's miserable facial expressions first thing in the morning?

Or, indeed, at the best of times?
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daybreak No More sounds like a lyric from the Proclaimers' Letter from America!