Options

Not a 'Konnie-hater', but I noticed she's being rather unprofessional in regards to W

elouiselouis Posts: 763
Forum Member
✭✭
Wagner.

I was watching the X-Factor, and couldn't help noticing that not only was she constantly trying to stir trouble.

And she's extremely rude and biased towards Wagner. Always giving little digs and jibes, always asking people(guests and such) to elaborate when they criticise 'quality' in the show in attempt to get them to bad-mouth Wagner.

Like, she literally prompts people to speak ill of Wagner and mock him. It's very unprofessional. And it's not like the guy offends anyone. Whenever I see him on the show, he always comes across humble, polite and takes all the abuse on the chin and responds with a smile.
He's never acted arrogant or entitled. And unlike some other less deserved contestants, if he went out even in the first week, he would have still very much appreciated being given a chance to be on the show.

The public is keeping this guy in. I don't see why people are angry and hurling abuse at him.

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elouis wrote: »
    Wagner.

I was watching the X-Factor, and couldn't help noticing that not only was she constantly trying to stir trouble.

And she's extremely rude and biased towards Wagner. Always giving little digs and jibes, always asking people(guests and such) to elaborate when they criticise 'quality' in the show in attempt to get them to bad-mouth Wagner.

Like, she literally prompts people to speak ill of Wagner and mock him. It's very unprofessional. And it's not like the guy offends anyone. Whenever I see him on the show, he always comes across humble, polite and takes all the abuse on the chin and responds with a smile.
    He's never acted arrogant or entitled. And unlike some other less deserved contestants, if he went out even in the first week, he would have still very much appreciated being given a chance to be on the show.

The public is keeping this guy in. I don't see why people are angry and hurling abuse at him.

Thank you so much! So many people need to realise this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dislike Wagner. I find him entertaining, and believe that despite all the gutter press written about him, he is one of the few contestants left who has been honest about their intentions for going on XF right from the start. I don't get the impression of an ulterior motive or hidden agenda from him at all.
    That being said, there has been so much written about Wagner regarding his questionable behaviour within the XF house (alleged sex pest, harassment of Mary, bully, threatened 1D, continuing feud with Matt, now staying in a hotel etc.), and I believe that some of this bad feeling has stemmed from all the other contestants and indeed the judges belief that he should not be in the competition and that he is wholly responsible for other, 'more talented acts' leaving prematurely. I don't believe much of what I read in the papers (just the cartoons really :D), but I call things asd I see them, and I honestly do believe there have been many feud's involving Wagner.
    I think Konnie is using Wagner's notoriety to try and get a reaction out of people. His on and off screen persona seem so wildly different, I think she is testing the waters, trying to see if someone will crack. I agree it comes across as somewhat unprofessional, but she's probably being told to do this, just as everyone else who is employed by Cowell plays their role in his twisted live action RPG.
  • Options
    mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree Op
    was going to post the same
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Konnie Huq found her level presenting Blue Peter to kids.

She is useless as a presenter in the big grown up world, totally out of her depth. Very unprofessional as well
  • Options
    kellygirlkellygirl Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I agree OP. I just find the whole X Factor machine this year to have a bullying undertone. From the 'leaks', the media hatred towards Katie, Simon and Cheryl's pairing up, Cheryl's agression and vindictiveness, and now Konnie almost, and I hate to say this word, bullying Wagner. Even at the sing off when the judges have two increasingly desperate and stressed acts standing their while they decide their fate is spun out just a bit too long. Good on Paige for not breaking for them.
  • Options
    TinahelyTinahely Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    oilcat wrote: »
    Konnie Huq found her level presenting Blue Peter to kids.

She is useless as a presenter in the big grown up world, totally out of her depth. Very unprofessional as well

Agreed. With all the talented presenters around, how did she get the job? Her attitude to Wagner and the way she tried to draw other acts into the same behaviour was appalling imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Konnie doesnt really care about the show or the acts, she can't think straight because she has the earpiece at the same time.

I am glad she asks tricky questions becuase I can now see what a prat Matt is.
  • Options
    JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Konnie and she was hysterically funny with grumpy Danni last night.
  • Options
    mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She tried to push something about wagner with just about everyone, including guests

ETA Jason? D? was excellent with his response re this
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    The X Factor has definitely got a lot better lately, she's had a talking to and is being told to be extra confrontational and try to get people to tell their real feelings, hoping for some sort of live-on-stage barmy.

Also, with the producers letting through angry members of the public they are aiming for TV Gold.

Think back a few weeks, the show was nothing but light and nice, and completely boring.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    this twisted live action RPG.

Best description of the show EVER ....

Kudos to you sir
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TYCO wrote: »
    The X Factor has definitely got a lot better lately, she's had a talking to and is being told to be extra confrontational and try to get people to tell their real feelings, hoping for some sort of live-on-stage barmy.

Also, with the producers letting through angry members of the public they are aiming for TV Gold.

Think back a few weeks, the show was nothing but light and nice, and completely boring.

i agree :) i like it more now!
  • Options
    XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Konnie's just asking questions (good ones!), probably being fed to her ear. The things the judges and contestants like Matt have said (not even questions but outright negative opinions), have been a thousand times worse.

The Xtra Factor is a light heart hearted, silly, fun show; you're taking it way to seriously if you're getting upset at her questioning of Wagner. Would you prefer if Konnie treated Wagner as if he's a legitimate singer and only asked him generic questions about "what he thought of his vocals", "what he'll do next week" and then move on to the next contestant? With all due respect, that sounds like a hell of a boring show. Wagner can more than handle a few questions when he's been berated on the main show.

Her asking people to elaborate their answers just makes for even better TV. Just letting people make mystic comments and then move on would make for boring TV. These two past Xtra Factor shows have been really good i thought, seems like Konnie and the staff at the show have stepped it up a gear.
  • Options
    morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner.

:mad:I was going to post this.You are spot on .I was cringing watching Xtra factor..How she blatantly treats him with contempt and wants and goads others to slate him!EG she was desperately trying to get Matt to insult him but he didnt oblige whatever he may think.
    And when he made the God is with me comment ...she even had to say The athieists arent:confused: What presenting degree did she take ..One for Cbeebies I guess would be her best place .
    I was willing to give her a chance but she is totally awful:mad::eek:
  • Options
    dontyougetitdontyougetit Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wagner.

so so true, really not enjoying the 2nd part of the show cos of her,,, she bang out of order with ott coments to other people as well...
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny almost though :p
    How she manages to slate almost everyone she talks to.
    It's just awkward.
  • Options
    morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL She upsets Danni every week now ,,not that i dislike Danni ..But even Dermot can't wait to get away from her
  • Options
    Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's kind of weird how Konnie keeps asking her guests "Who do you hate?!" and then last night with the judges she said "We don't like that word" in reference to hate. Hmm...

To use the word "hate", is extremely unprofessional in my opinion and should not be used lightly. "Dislike" on the other hand.....
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On every show, the handover between her and Dermot has been very uncomfortable at the start.

I'm sure she's a nice girl and everything, but she's dreadful on the Xtra Factor.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! So many people need to realise this.

and those keeping wagner in need to realise that Simon is raking it in, it's not like he's affected by wagner , it's the other more talented acts that are being affected