Options

Do you always procrastinate?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Read an article that gets me to do a little bit thinking. In recent years, I procrastinate on travelling. I used to promise myself one trip per year, but last year I didn't have any. It's mid of May, I still have no plan for this year.

How to Cope with Procrastination

Do you always procrastinate? What is it?

Comments

• Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always.... unless I can't be bothered!
  • Options
    hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Sometimes it means you have a problem with anxiety. People with anxiety disorders will avoid doing things, even those that they think they might enjoy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    I always do, particularly when it comes to having to brush my teeth, I just loathe those 3-4 minutes for some reason so I put it off for ages every day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have shares in that site TL?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only when I have to do something that I'm not interested in. I finished my dissertation in good time, for example, because I enjoyed writing it. However, I've got a 2,500 word essay due on Monday and a 3 hour exam on Tuesday, both of which are my final ever assessments for my degree, and I've procrastinated on starting work for them both until today. Oops. :p
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I don't procrastinate because every time I try I keep putting it off to do something less constructive.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell you tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twice a day
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am procrastinating at the moment. :o

I've been revising for hours every day since April, I was so happy with how it was going. And now I've got to my final two exams (Monday and Tuesday) and just lost all motivation! (Just need to keep re-reading through my shortened notes, so I think it's just the boredom!)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Yes, especially when studying or doing assignments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    I am procrastinating at the moment. :o

I've been revising for hours every day since April, I was so happy with how it was going. And now I've got to my final two exams (Monday and Tuesday) and just lost all motivation! (Just need to keep re-reading through my shortened notes, so I think it's just the boredom!)

You're suffering from burnout is all. You know you're so close to the end you're probably emotionally if not physically exhausted. I know how that feels. :o Hand in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, errrrrrrr, whatev ... Later.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    You're suffering from burnout is all. You know you're so close to the end you're probably emotionally if not physically exhausted. I know how that feels. :o Hand in there.

Yeah, that makes sense I guess! Definitely emotionally exhausted (I sat and just cried my eyes out literally for about 3 hours last night >.<) and definitely physically exhausted!

Hang in there for yours too, it'll be worth it in the end!
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Tech Lover wrote: »
    Do you always procrastinate?
    I'll tell you later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Yeah, that makes sense I guess! Definitely emotionally exhausted (I sat and just cried my eyes out literally for about 3 hours last night >.<) and definitely physically exhausted!

Hang in there for yours too, it'll be worth it in the end!

Thanks... I find out in July. :)
  • Options
    Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never procrastinate ever. I just put it off, whatever it is, until later, and do something else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have shares in that site TL?

When there is friendship, don't talk about money. :)

Procrastination affects some aspects of my life. Sometimes it is so obvious that even my friends can tell, e.g. lack of exercise. :o