Dress beautifully at a low cost

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Read an article Fashion Tips for Women: Dress Beautifully at a Low Cost recently. I wonder if there are any other saving tips women can apply. Feel free to share your favorite tips.

Comments

• peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Tech Lover wrote: »
    Read an article Fashion Tips for Women: Dress Beautifully at a Low Cost recently. I wonder if there are any other saving tips women can apply. Feel free to share your favorite tips.

I'm sure it was an interesting article but I had my doubts after I read,

Fatty women should avoid red, yellow and white for these colors will make them look swelling.

however this is the point that I had to give up,

Women with darker skin should choose clothing colors that can dilute their skin color rather than forming an absurd contrast.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Be aware of the price per wear- i.e spending £50 on a pink boob tube you'll wear once = bad. But £50 on black trousers you'll wear regularly for years = good.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid article. So badly written I could carely understand what the blogger was on about!

My tips for dressing cheaply but elegantly:
    * Don't be a slave to fashion and buy clothes that will date quickly. 80s print or knitted boots might be in for a season, but will you want to wear them for years? Better stick to classic prints and cuts that can be adapted and will prevent you from buying new clothes every few months just to keep on trend.
    * Sales are your friend. But go looking for certain items, rather than buying something just because it's cheap and you might wear it at some point in the future.
    * Wear good underwear so your clothes fit properly.
    *Charity shops can still yield bargains, if you know a thing or two about quality labels
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say - only buy what really suits you and not the latest fahion. It can still be fashionable, but what suits one person may not look right on you.

Last year I bought a maxi dress - I'd seen them looking lovely on other women so I had to have one for my holidays. I looked awful - I'm very petite and looked and felt like I was standing in a hole. I also found it hard to walk with acres of material billowing around my legs. I wore it once :(
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PMSL!
    Women can start exchange use with bags to see how well this method works within a group. If the participants have similar size and can share clothing, the wardrobe will be enlarged and fewer purchases will be required.

WTF!? Looks like someone has used google translate....!
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dress beautifully at a low cost

Treat the contents of your wardrobe as an investment. Buy timeless pieces that you know suit you. You don't have to follow trends to look great. You look great by wearing clothes that flatter your shape and assets. whatever they may be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the tips. Since an illness made me slimmer, I have to buy many new clothes this year. I will apply as many tips as I can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    I'm sure it was an interesting article but I had my doubts after I read,

Fatty women should avoid red, yellow and white for these colors will make them look swelling.

however this is the point that I had to give up,

Women with darker skin should choose clothing colors that can dilute their skin color rather than forming an absurd contrast.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lol, reading through the article I'd say it was originally written in another language and someone has translated it to English through altavista
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I would advise all that always go for rich fabric. It will provide comfort to body.
    Waist Cincher
  • Isabella1988Isabella1988 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I read a lot of fashion blog these day, but turn out that no matter what;s the hottest fashion now, the most important is to be self, comfort and nature, that's the fashion for me