Britney's new single - 'Pretty Girls'

jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apparently, Britney's new single is called 'Pretty Girls' and was written by Little Mix and features Iggy Azalea.

Thoughts?? I'm quite optimistic now that I know Little Mix wrote it. it suggests its gunna be quite a fun, pop record :D

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm dying to hear it! I love Little Mix and I hope they've written a smasha :D Britney needs a hit again! I'll buy it anyway even if it's total crap because IT'S BRITNEY BITCH :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, Iggy.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Urgh, Iggy.

My thoughts too, sadly. I'm not keen on features as a rule. Most of the time they are pointless.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Britney music is new Britney music, and I can't wait!
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    New Britney music is new Britney music, and I can't wait!

That's the way I see it! :D *sings* I'll be anticipating, this is our song they're playing... :p
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea Little Mix even wrote songs.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to hearing it!!
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea Little Mix even wrote songs.

Surprising but true, Little Mix write most of the songs on their first two albums and say the same about the upcoming third album which I presume this Britney song would have been on.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    is this little mix rumour actually true then ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Nicola Roberts wrote for Little Mix?
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    I thought that Nicola Roberts wrote for Little Mix?

She's only co-written two tracks with them, one on each album. See Wiki for full credits.
  • Andy18Andy18 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Appranlty its iggys single instead of britneys according to breatheheavy
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Andy18 wrote: »

The interview has been misinterpreted apparently. It IS Britney's single.
    Forum Member
    Andy18 wrote: »

I thought it was Britney's single? :confused:
  • JakeXYJakeXY Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    The fact it was written by Little Mix and will feature Iggy Azalea doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.
    Forum Member
    JakeXY wrote: »
    The fact it was written by Little Mix and will feature Iggy Azalea doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Why? Do you think it'll be awful? Who knows? As I said, I'll listen to it and download it anyway purely because it's BRITNEY SPEARS :D I'm a sucker for anything Britney releases and I have my reasons for that ;-) I've listened to nothing but Britney today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JakeXY wrote: »

I don't care who has writing credits on a song. It's down to the production that will make it. Im not an Iggy fan but if I like the song I will be able to accept the Iggy feature
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it comes out 5th May and Iggy says here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3o7u_3ERRQ that Britneys new album is 'nearly ready'. im confused though as I read recently that its nowhere near ready and wont be released for a while?
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney is still making
    Noise ?
    Forum Member
    Apparently it comes out 5th May and Iggy says here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3o7u_3ERRQ that Britneys new album is 'nearly ready'. im confused though as I read recently that its nowhere near ready and wont be released for a while?

I heard that about the new album. I also read a thread on one of the fan forums that it would be released on Tidal first, but I don't know how true that is. I'm getting confused myself though :confused: Is the album due for release soon or not? Nobody seems to know.
  • Brad_AdamsonBrad_Adamson Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I heard that about the new album. I also read a thread on one of the fan forums that it would be released on Tidal first, but I don't know how true that is. I'm getting confused myself though :confused: Is the album due for release soon or not? Nobody seems to know.

To be honest, I think her management are trying to throw us off the scent and that the album is closer than they're letting on. Probably some kind of stupid surprise release strategy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read in an interview where britney recently said that a new album wasn't her priority at the moment, but then we hear she has a new single due so an album is bound to follow. So what is going on.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read in an interview where britney recently said that a new album wasn't her priority at the moment, but then we hear she has a new single due so an album is bound to follow. So what is going on.

Britney doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. She lays down some vocals in the studio, her team process them and put them to a beat, slap her face on an album cover, make her dance in a video, they release the album and that's it. She probably couldn't even name half the tracks on her last album. She's the absolute epitome of 'music industry puppet'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Britney doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. She lays down some vocals in the studio, her team process them and put them to a beat, slap her face on an album cover, make her dance in a video, they release the album and that's it. She probably couldn't even name half the tracks on her last album. She's the absolute epitome of 'music industry puppet'.

Sadly i agree
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a strong rumor going around that Britney will surprise release a new album on May 5th, apparently Iggy let it slip in an interview? Not sure how true it is obviously, probably a load of cr@p but it would certainly be very cool to wake up to an amazing new Britney album on that date.