HO Later: Did Rae's death top Sarah's death?

Comments

• cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Order wrote: »
    When I watched Sarah's death on the night it aired, I was in shock hours after it happened. It was like I was there and witnessed what had happened - so weird, I've never felt like that watching TV before. I really doubt anything will top how awful it was to watch.

Rae's death came no where near it. I'm not knocking the death/scene as it was good but nothing special.

Sarah's death will be really, really hard to beat for any TV show I watch.

I totally agree with that first part, i felt the same. It was so "real" that it felt like she was a real person and you were watching her die, helplessly. I know people slate HO but seriously, no soap or drama EVER has made me feel like that.

Why can't HO ditch the soppy pointless love stuff and get back to gritty.
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't affect me nearly as much as Sarah's death but poor Rai!! The look of confusion on her face after he hit her and when he put that rope around her neck I got the shivers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HO are quite good for dramatic/emotional deaths that is for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have stayed away from the spoliers so when I seen that Rae was the victim it really got to me, thought the scene was played out so well especially with Teresa so happy in the back ground and I liked her character to
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    They were equally as good sarahs was shocking but rae's was horrific, very well acted out by alice and jeff
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    just back from spain!

where can i watch this. cant find it on 4oD!
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,798
    Forum Member
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    just back from spain!

This is the actual death scene. You may be able to find full episodes on youtube :)

http://youtu.be/WV-c8YjnZnA
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    just back from spain!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hollyoaks-later/4od
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flbkab wrote: »
    This is the actual death scene. You may be able to find full episodes on youtube :)

http://youtu.be/WV-c8YjnZnA

So disturbing but in a good way (well sort of).
  • Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah's death was a million times better than Rae's, I watched Rae's and thought wow was that it, could have done so much more with that.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Raven123 wrote: »
    Sarah's death was a million times better than Rae's, I watched Rae's and thought wow was that it, could have done so much more with that.

Raven - seriously - just no. It was epic and what more did you want.;
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn’t you find the strained, breathy gasps as the life drained out of the helpless Rae at all disturbing or shocking? You are tough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    Raven - seriously - just no. It was epic and what more did you want.;

It was hardly epic, a week's worth of build up for 1 minute worth of action, it was about as shocking as John Stape hitting Charlotte over the head in Corrie.

They should have done an hour special just based on that.

He killed her just to get one over on Brendan, it's sloppy and totally against his principles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn’t you find the strained, breathy gasps as the life drained out of the helpless Rae at all disturbing or shocking? You are tough.

No, I'm a bit of a horror fanatic and just found the whole thing underwhelming. They had the chance with Later to make it brilliant, it was a massive let down in my opinion. Silas should have been the main focus, it made it worse with the whole Ibiza rubbish and Stag do.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    It was a red brick and the metal noise must have been one of Rae's metal bracelets falling of her wrist. (screen cap)

She was the best Silas victim so far, so sad :mad:

Really going to miss alice.:cry:
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm a bit of a horror fanatic and just found the whole thing underwhelming. They had the chance with Later to make it brilliant, it was a massive let down in my opinion. Silas should have been the main focus, it made it worse with the whole Ibiza rubbish and Stag do.

Im amazed that you didn`t find it distubing. it was nothing like what stape did. this was brutal and very disturbing to watch. just because it only lasted 1 minute doesn`t make it any less shocking. how long did you want it to last, 10 minutes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a red brick and the metal noise must have been one of Rae's metal bracelets falling of her wrist. (screen cap)

She was the best Silas victim so far, so sad :mad:

Really going to miss alice.:cry:

Even that screencap alone makes me feel sad and kinda angry. I know it's only acting but such disturbing stuff.

This and Sarah's death have brought emotion to me.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I really cried. I thought we'd just see her body lying somewhere, but no, they had to show the full gruesome murder. I really was fond of the girl, and it felt like watching a friend die. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really cried. I thought we'd just see her body lying somewhere, but no, they had to show the full gruesome murder. I really was fond of the girl, and it felt like watching a friend die. :(

I missed the last 5 minutes or more, did Silas bury her somewhere? Or is that happening in the main show tomorrow? :(
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I missed the last 5 minutes or more, did Silas bury her somewhere? Or is that happening in the main show tomorrow? :(

No, I think he just dragged her body out of view, and that was it.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    It was hardly epic, a week's worth of build up for 1 minute worth of action, it was about as shocking as John Stape hitting Charlotte over the head in Corrie.

They should have done an hour special just based on that.

He killed her just to get one over on Brendan, it's sloppy and totally against his principles.

You missed the scene where she said that she planned to play the field because all men are scum? or something to that effect... Didn't you see his facial expression change as she said that? That's why he kills girls.

not that it justifies him killing her in any way, but that's why he killed her. More importantly than that he killed her because he's sick.
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Sarah's death was far more disturbing for me, but Rae's was fairly horrific. I think the worst thing about Sarah's was wondering whose parachute had been cut, it being in slow mo, the whole shouting 'don't jump!' at the screen thing!

I can't believe no-one has said (unless I've missed it!) that they thought Silas and his 'all done now' thing after he'd killed her was the worst thing about it! :eek: That really gave me the heebie-jeebies. I thought the Will and Theresa coming into view thing was a bit rubbish and unnecessary though.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    No, I think he just dragged her body out of view, and that was it.

I assume he just left the body at the warehouse and they will prob discover it during the week?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    pelicano wrote: »
    Sarah's death was far more disturbing for me, but Rae's was fairly horrific. I think the worst thing about Sarah's was wondering whose parachute had been cut, it being in slow mo, the whole shouting 'don't jump!' at the screen thing!

I can't believe no-one has said (unless I've missed it!) that they thought Silas and his 'all done now' thing after he'd killed her was the worst thing about it! :eek: That really gave me the heebie-jeebies. I thought the Will and Theresa coming into view thing was a bit rubbish and unnecessary though.

Yes! Didn't he also kiss the top of her head as he said it!? :eek:
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even remotely close to Sarah's death.

Other than the fact they both died on Later, I don't think there can be any comparison.

Rae was little more than a recurring guest in the show, Sarah was a main character for many years.

Rae's death was slightly harrowing compared to most Hollyoaks deaths in that we saw her being murdered as opposed to it being left to our imagination. Compared to other TV shows however, I don't think it was anything special to be honest.

Sarah's death, is horrific, brilliantly show and emotional and for me, stands up against many other TV show deaths, something Rae's just doesn't.