Strange Voting Idea?

2»

Comments

• Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    It doesn't annoy me.This is a forum, for people to post their opinions. You can't expect all the opinions to be positive.

And it's my opinion that the OP was having a moan so...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evannah wrote: »

But I am the OP and can confirm that I wasnt.

Since Joey is my favourite (in the minority!), this just means I get to see more of him. I was commenting that I thought it was strange they are giving this info away before the final, not moaning about it.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I know it is, but the OP can moan if they want to (although they have said they weren't moaning).
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing worse than a moaner is someone who moans about moaners when there's no moaning.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    But I am the OP and can confirm that I wasnt.

Since Joey is my favourite (in the minority!), this just means I get to see more of him. I was commenting that I thought it was strange they are giving this info away before the final, not moaning about it.

True. You would think the producers would want to keep this info a bit secret for a while, but you can now tell, Kian and Joey will be in the final two after tonight. Well done producers:D
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the producers are setting a challenge to themselves - reveal the top 2 and then see if they can manipulate it so that it doesn't come to pass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt mean to cause everyone to confrontate each other :(;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the producers are setting a challenge to themselves - reveal the top 2 and then see if they can manipulate it so that it doesn't come to pass.

Thats what I was thinking, what is the motivation behind this. Will people now not bother voting for anyone else as they believe it to be forgone that Joey & Kian are in the final? Or are the others polling so low that they want fans of the others to be given a kick up the bum to vote?

Maybe they want to know who is currently most/least popular at the moment themselves (bushtucker votes wouldnt give a clear indication of popularity because whilst some fans vote for airtime, people who dislike also vote to see them suffer) in order to know how to edit and manipulate things to achieve outcomes they want?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    It's just a stupid idea. Either have all 12 take part in challenges and give the winning six immunity, or put them all up.

I really dislike how one person gets all the power by deciding which FIVE people get immunity.

Getting fed up with all this silliness...

I think it's an absolutely dreadful, pointless twist.

First of all, take away any element of surprise by telling both the contestants and the public who is ahead in the voting.

Then allow them to make their friends immune so the vote can only be between people who have failed to please the popular ones.

What utter crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member

First of all, take away any element of surprise by telling both the contestants and the public who is ahead in the voting.

Then allow them to make their friends immune so the vote can only be between people who have failed to please the popular ones.

What utter crap.

I agree. I am not a fan of this twist either, but it seems producers like to manipulate things, to try and get the result they want.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not telling the public who are the 2 most popular - you only have to look at the betting odds to find that out. However, they have now told the other campmates (if they are wise enough to work it out) and that is wrong.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    They are not telling the public who are the 2 most popular - you only have to look at the betting odds to find that out. However, they have now told the other campmates (if they are wise enough to work it out) and that is wrong.

Betting odds and who gets the most votes are not the same thing - countless reality shows have shown that.

But by doing this they have basically announced who is most popular - cos its a positive vote to give someone effective immunity.

We probably guessed it anyway - now we know!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Betting odds and who gets the most votes are not the same thing - countless reality shows have shown that.

But by doing this they have basically announced who is most popular - cos its a positive vote to give someone effective immunity.

And so do the junglemates. What was the point of that? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was directing it at the OP. Can't just enjoy this new spin. Has to start a thread moaning about it.

But this is the whole idea of a forum. Where you are free to discuss anything and everything on the show.

The OP was commenting on 'this new spin' as you put it.

Nothing wrong with that at all imo.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »

Exactly. The remaining campmates didn't look very happy after Kian and Joey were announced as saviours, but I do not blame them. This whole twist is a joke.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What utter crap.

Indeed. I quite agree!!

Kian will deffo chose Laila, I'd be surprised if he didn't. (assuming he wins to get to choose of course).

Joey would pick Amy.

:)
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member

What utter crap.

I agree with what you say Wonkeydonkey..Why even bother with the rest of the show just give Joey his crown now!
    However we must also look at the fans who voted to put these two in this position! The show in my opinion has picked up a little since Joey hasn't been doing the tasks..Now here we go again & yes I am Moaning & very loudly:p
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What utter crap.

Ditto wonkey, no points for guessing joey will save amy.
  • Options
    YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, My first reaction to the announcement was 'oh, that means Amy may be saved'.....gutted
    My second reaction was 'oh, that means Alfonso May be saved'....gutted