Options

First Dates Ch4 Thursday 9pm

Comments

• Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear - the hairdresser obviously failed French...

463-bullet list...
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    OGB wrote: »
    Is no one watching tonight? I'm watching it alone tonight... the irony (old sarcastic smiley face)

Just getting round to this now, just coming back after the break and seeing the end of Ed and Purdey.
    Felt a bit sorry for Purdey at the piece to camera, only a bit though, I've got reverse snobbery problems.
    She needs to calm the F down.

Not warming to the Essex duo Claire and blokey??
    Claire, too many rules and nonsense, as blokey said nice bum though.
    'I've got this rule and that rule'
    'I've got a rule too, people with rules give me the pip and can bugger off.'
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do the people pick each other? I know it says they only see a picture of each other, but how do the posh ones get paired together then? Do the producers match them up based on other details but they only see each others pictures?
  • Options
    RodneyKRodneyK Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    For me the whole episode was jam packed full of women who were either too picky or far too much hard work. They either seemed to want to impose long lists of rules or set traps for their dates rather than just having fun and seeing how it would go. That or they seem to have stupidly high expectations.

And then when you finally thought a couple were getting on (the stammering guy and the Liverpool teacher) she shut down the possibility of romance straight away. *That's* why you're still single at 29 love. And you know what? Give it another 10 years and you'll still be in the same position. The only one I really felt for was Purdey but she was just so full-on I couldn't really blame her date for the outcome.

Entertaining show but I'm so glad I'm out of the minefield that is the dating game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Terry_Lee wrote: »
    It's a lot more real than you guys imagine.

I think it's laid bare certain emotions when it comes to dating.

Yes it was a bit more original the first time round. but some of the characters are amazing.

I think we should go a bit easier on the Canadian woman, i dealt with my nerves by hiding behind my humour at times, people are very vulnerable on First Dates and you can act in ways you might not ordinarily!

but hope you are enjoying this series,

Terry
    @terryturbolee

Hey Terry, what happened with you and that 'up for it' girl at the end of the last series?
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Hey Terry, what happened with you and that 'up for it' girl at the end of the last series?

Yeah, why did you change your user name and are you still single?
  • Options
    bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What other channel 4 show has Purdy been on?
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for the theatre director who feared rejection. It was truly awkward. Saniya and Mo were entertaining. Why are people like Saniya not on Big Brother?
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The short ginger gay deserved to leave alone. Well done to his date for having the courage to say no to a second date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Kelly has a much higher opinion of herself than she should have. Someone find that girl a mirror!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    The short ginger gay deserved to leave alone. Well done to his date for having the courage to say no to a second date.

On +1 viewing, he may not be ginger, apologies!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On +1 viewing, he may not be ginger, apologies!

I can confirm he is ginger but is also a ****. His date is lovely though.

Saniya was not the right match for her date but I think she'd be a great laugh!
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Kelly has a much higher opinion of herself than she should have. Someone find that girl a mirror!

Kelly annoyed me a lot. She was flirting and making out she fancied him but was infact playing with his feelings and had no intention of dating him again. I can't stand women like her.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,899
    Forum Member
    Thought Claire the hairdresser looked quite nice, until she had to take a photo of her meal and had to ask "How do you spell 'oyster'?".

The blonde South African girl and the guy (sorry, I'm terrible at remembering names) seemed to be getting on like a house on fire, all touchy-feely right from the start. But she told the camera she likes playing games so you never know if what she is doing is just a front.
  • Options
    James_B1James_B1 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    The problem with most of these girls on this programme = they're damaged goods who are obviously attracted to bad lads.

Quite a few of them shouldn't even be contemplating dating at this time as they're still obviously very hurt by what happened to them and obviously find it difficult to trust men.

When I was single, if a girl started talking about ex's and being cheated on in the first couple of dates, I'd be getting the f*ck out of there! Major baggage that'll rear its ugly head in future.

Blonde Drama Teacher, Kelly, was an absolute f**king arse. If I was Ben M, I'd have been LIVID when she said he wasn't her type after all the ridiculous, over-the-top flirting she did. Such an unbelievable time waster. Again, another girl who'd been cheated on.

Lucy with Ben - "I've been cheated on bla bla bla, felt fat bla bla bla.". She then couldn't go out with him because he looked too much like an ex. She needs to move on from this.

Clare was an idiot and seemed like the type who'd have a long list of inane requirements - must be 6ft tall, must be earning this, must have this hair style...having said all that, Mark was an even bigger idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And perhaps I'm old fashioned but only absolute f*cking morons talk about sex on a First Date.

If a guy talks about sex and/or mentions his penis (like Mark did) on a First Date...girls, you need to get the f**k out of there, he's a sleazy bellend who's after one thing only and obviously doesn't see a future with you.

And if a girl talks about sex so openly on a First Date, then she's also easy and not a long term prospect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you've never had a Boyfriend (Like Purdy) perhaps it's not wise to be on a Dating programme.

She seems an alright person but needs to calm the f*ck down on a 1st Date. Socially a bit awkward and that's likely down to immaturity and lack of experience.

As for the Gay guys, it was obvious early on it wasn't going anywhere. Shortie had a zany/off the wall personality and Beardy, had no discernible personality to speak of at all. Not remotely compatible.

When Shortie was going on about all the food he didn't like, you could tell Beardy didn't like it. The German Racist story was the final nail in the coffin. I didn't think the story was particularly funny but it certainly wasn't anywhere near as offensive as Beardy took it. He was a proper old women about it.
  • Options
    mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    bronson wrote: »
    What other channel 4 show has Purdy been on?

I'm not sure but I think she was on a programme presented by Dawn Porter called 'How to Find Love Online'. Purdey may have been one of the participants who shared their dating site experiences.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Was Purdy on it last series too?

How awkward were the gay men at the end!? The taller one was far nicer than the short guy.

I still adore the guy with the stammer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Rajan's "guaranteed strategy" to get the girl will work this season... I'm starting to doubt his strategy is indeed guaranteed and I should be using him as my idol in the dating scene...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RodneyK wrote: »
    For me the whole episode was jam packed full of women who were either too picky or far too much hard work. They either seemed to want to impose long lists of rules or set traps for their dates rather than just having fun and seeing how it would go. That or they seem to have stupidly high expectations.

And then when you finally thought a couple were getting on (the stammering guy and the Liverpool teacher) she shut down the possibility of romance straight away. *That's* why you're still single at 29 love. And you know what? Give it another 10 years and you'll still be in the same position. The only one I really felt for was Purdey but she was just so full-on I couldn't really blame her date for the outcome.

Entertaining show but I'm so glad I'm out of the minefield that is the dating game.

Jam packed, there were 2 of them with rules and games.
    Kelly the game player, what an irrit, just a series of daft games.
    No doubt there are blokes out there who like a 'challenge' and go for her act.
    Rather like last series with the woman who wanted to 'tame the bad boy', I can't see the point.

Has it occurred to you, that the Liverpool teacher just didn't fancy Weymouth bloke?
    I got the impression she didn't like the tattoos, just an impression though.
    Just because they got on, she's got to think about a long distance relationship?
    When I was younger, I'd get approached by girls in clubs, anything over 2-3 miles away, I'd shut them down.
    Oh to be in such a position again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was Purdy on it last series too?

How awkward were the gay men at the end!? The taller one was far nicer than the short guy.

I still adore the guy with the stammer.

She might have been, there were over 200 dates, but I don't remember her been 'featured'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James_B1 wrote: »
    If you've never had a Boyfriend (Like Purdy) perhaps it's not wise to be on a Dating programme.

She seems an alright person but needs to calm the f*ck down on a 1st Date. Socially a bit awkward and that's likely down to immaturity and lack of experience.

As for the Gay guys, it was obvious early on it wasn't going anywhere. Shortie had a zany/off the wall personality and Beardy, had no discernible personality to speak of at all. Not remotely compatible.

When Shortie was going on about all the food he didn't like, you could tell Beardy didn't like it. The German Racist story was the final nail in the coffin. I didn't think the story was particularly funny but it certainly wasn't anywhere near as offensive as Beardy took it. He was a proper old women about it.

BIB I think the talk of lampshades made of skin and the like is where things might have taken a turn.
    Some people are rather sensitive to that sort of thing when they're eating.
  • Options
    youfatoxyoufatox Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RodneyK wrote: »

My goodness she was perfectly polite, well natured and showed a pleasant interest in him. She just didn't fancy him! That doesn't make her a bad person or mean that she deserves to be single.
  • Options
    RodneyKRodneyK Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Has it occurred to you, that the Liverpool teacher just didn't fancy Weymouth bloke?
    I got the impression she didn't like the tattoos, just an impression though.
    Just because they got on, she's got to think about a long distance relationship?

Might be wrong but don't the returning daters get to choose their second date from all the people who have applied to see them following their first date? If so, the tattoo dislike, the long-distance concern and even the fancying thing shouldn't really apply should they as the teacher should have known what she was getting?

But I do accept that 'jam packed' may have been overstating it a bit. :)