Coronation Street - Julie Carp

2»

Comments

• NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KingCorrie wrote: »
    I've said for years that they should put Julie with Kevin Webster. She would give him a great boost as a character (especially since his absence) and there could be some lovely moments between Sophie and Julie and comedy with Sally and Julie.

This would be good, and it will give Kevin a chance to stop moping after Sally and move on with his life.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Kevin suggestion is an interesting one. Julie would be sparky enough to breathe some life back into Kev. After the breakdown of his marriage to Sally, Kevin sort of floundered as a character and was hardly missed during his year away from the show. Sally- on the other hand- went from strength to strength with her involvement in the Frank Foster storyline and her inspired pairing with Tim.
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Care to enlighten us? :p

The Street Series 2 Episode 1

Google it! Rather disturbing when she had an orgasm over a lemon sherbet boiled sweet!
  • Ashley79Ashley79 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    KingCorrie wrote: »
    I've said for years that they should put Julie with Kevin Webster. She would give him a great boost as a character (especially since his absence) and there could be some lovely moments between Sophie and Julie and comedy with Sally and Julie.

Not sure about her and Kevin together, I think she'd probably do his head in. She's a sweet girl, and funny. If Steve and Michelle weren't together, I could see her with Steve.
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley79 wrote: »
    Not sure about her and Kevin together, I think she'd probably do his head in. She's a sweet girl, and funny. If Steve and Michelle weren't together, I could see her with Steve.

Oh, noo, I don't see Julie with any of the 'serious' characters. She's one of the street's pantomime characters like Kirk, Beth or Mary. The two types are fine within their groups but they really don't mix.

I like that Julie always gets the wrong end of the stick, always backs (and attacks) the wrong person, and never seems to learn from any of it.

A SOR is that nobody notices her endless supply of 50s outfits in eye-searing colours - you'd have to be a serious vintage fan to amass that collection - but it does make her distinctive, and is in character with her 'Stepford wannabe' outlook.
  • Ashley79Ashley79 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    Oh, noo, I don't see Julie with any of the 'serious' characters. She's one of the street's pantomime characters like Kirk, Beth or Mary. The two types are fine within their groups but they really don't mix.

I like that Julie always gets the wrong end of the stick, always backs (and attacks) the wrong person, and never seems to learn from any of it.

A SOR is that nobody notices her endless supply of 50s outfits in eye-searing colours - you'd have to be a serious vintage fan to amass that collection - but it does make her distinctive, and is in character with her 'Stepford wannabe' outlook.

Can't imagine her with a 'serious' character either, that's why I thought she'd be good with Steve. He's not had any serious stuff for a while, more and more of his stuff his becoming comedy focused as the years go on. Failing that, they need to bring in someone else for her. Maybe a bit of a Benny Hill character, lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    If they get rid of Sean, Julie can move in with Eileen then they won't need men. They can be the spinster sisters :)
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley79 wrote: »
    I thought that when they axed the guy who played Brian, it was to open up storylines for Julie but things have been really quiet for her since. Maybe that was just an excuse to get rid of the actor. Has anyone heard of a story in the pipeline for her?

I find this character totally pointless. Should have been written out with Brian.