Tumble (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lancslass wrote: »
    He appears to be able to successfully do both. Good luck to him

Based on his Olympic success, I'd have expected a little more from him in the Commonwealth games.

But then I'm demanding.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Based on his Olympic success, I'd have expected a little more from him in the Commonwealth games.

But then I'm demanding.

I think it was quite obvious that his lowly bronze at the Games on the pommel was a direct result of him taking his eye off the ball and being dazzled by the thrill of z-listing.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main reason he irritates me is that he spends so much time doing TV work when he's at the peak of his competitive career - he can do all this guff in the future when he needs the money.

Well maybe it what he likes to do .Fair play to him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Well maybe it what he likes to do .Fair play to him

Maybe it is. I'm just saying why he annoys me :)
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not bad. It's certainly not great. It's just incredibly mediocre.

There's no atmosphere in the studio and Alex and the rest of the judges just don't seem interested.

The fact we didn't even get to see any celebs attempt the 'dreaded' vault and nobody got eliminated just made the show feel incredibly pointless.

What with Celebrity Tipping Point on ITV, followed by Celeb Family Fortunes I'm craving a Saturday night show that doesn't involve celebrities. I'm actually craving the Generation Game at this point.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What with Celebrity Tipping Point on ITV, followed by Celeb Family Fortunes I'm craving a Saturday night show that doesn't involve celebrities. I'm actually craving the Generation Game at this point.
    I'm just generally fed up with anything remotely involving celebrities! They seem to be everywhere at the moment. And they're not even interesting!

Saturday night tv is a shambles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not bad. It's certainly not great. It's just incredibly mediocre.

There's no atmosphere in the studio and Alex and the rest of the judges just don't seem interested.

The fact we didn't even get to see any celebs attempt the 'dreaded' vault and nobody got eliminated just made the show feel incredibly pointless.

Yes, what happened to those days? Why is everything celebrity these days?
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad show but they seem to be trying to make it too much like strictly with the gimmicky beginnings to most of the performances.

I feel Alex is wrong for this show and that Matt Baker would have been better as he commentates on the gymnastics when they are shown on bbc so he would know more about what the celebs are doing and be more interested in it, also there should be a co-host who can talk to the celebs after they have received the judges comments ala strictly.

the judges seem ok but most of their comments did not match their scores :confused: and Craig seems like he is going to be annoying but at least they all know what they are talking about.

i found it odd that they never really mentioned Amelles dislocated ankle which makes me think its not as bad as first thought?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was quite obvious that his lowly bronze at the Games on the pommel was a direct result of him taking his eye off the ball and being dazzled by the thrill of z-listing.

Considering that he took 18 months off training after the Olympics and only started training late last year, I think his "lowly bronze" was an achievement. He was delighted to be accepted back into the English team for the Games and proved his worth in a competition that was world class.

I was most impressed with the show and wish some of you naysayers could be taken off for 8 weeks to try what the celebs did. I found absolutely nothing to complain about at all and am looking forward to next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was most impressed with the show and wish some of you naysayers could be taken off for 8 weeks to try what the celebs did. I found absolutely nothing to complain about at all and am looking forward to next week.

You seriously need to get out more
  • Options
    chipsauntchipsaunt Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expected to hate this, but enjoyed some of the performances, especially the Commonwealth Games medallists at the end. Wow.
    John Partridge worried me by looking so gaunt. Great routine though.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tumble-favourite-john-partridge-lost-4029175

Apparently stress due to caring for his mum who has Alzheimer's...

So in the Daily Mirror's calculations 4 stone is equal to 35 pounds. :o:confused:

So he's actually lost two and and half stone .........wonder how they conjured up the other 1 and a half stone?
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    If people don't like it change channels it is not difficult you just press a few buttons. Shakes head and walks away..

But it's much more fun to slag it off on here and feel superior. I actually thought it was ok. You can't please everyone though.
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I recorded this, because I spent most of the time fast-forwarding so I could just watch the routines. Each of which received universal praise from the judges, who then scored them low for some reason. Not that I cared by that point - did anyone?

What Tumble has done, for which I'm very grateful, is make me realise how life-sapping Strictly is. Life's too short to spend every Saturday evening in autumn with one finger on the fast forward button, speeding through all the terrible song choices, gushing presenters, ecstatic audiences for (sorry, I know the competitors work hard for them) usually pretty tedious routines. And I speak as a die-hard SCD fan.

The scales have fallen from my eyes.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's much more fun to slag it off on here and feel superior. I actually thought it was ok. You can't please everyone though.
    I actually thought it was okay too.
    Pleasantly surprised in fact.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    Glad I recorded this, because I spent most of the time fast-forwarding so I could just watch the routines. Each of which received universal praise from the judges, who then scored them low for some reason. Not that I cared by that point - did anyone?

What Tumble has done, for which I'm very grateful, is make me realise how life-sapping Strictly is. Life's too short to spend every Saturday evening in autumn with one finger on the fast forward button, speeding through all the terrible song choices, gushing presenters, ecstatic audiences for (sorry, I know the competitors work hard for them) usually pretty tedious routines. And I speak as a die-hard SCD fan.

The scales have fallen from my eyes.

Welcome to my world. I've never, ever seen the attraction of SCD. I watched it twice, when visiting my dad on a Saturday, and thought it was one of the dullest, most insipid shows I'd ever had to sit through.

Glad you've seen the light :)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a problem with women as all your nasty comments are directed at women and their appearance?

maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions, she hurt her hand a while back albeit i thought the article was most recent i was wrong thus was asking whether she would be fit enough to do it, you are making your own assumptions
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to my world. I've never, ever seen the attraction of SCD. I watched it twice, when visiting my dad on a Saturday, and thought it was one of the dullest, most insipid shows I'd ever had to sit through.

Glad you've seen the light :)

You're one of them X Factor fans ain't cha? :D
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is - Beth Tweddle has retired. Do we think she's still training enough to perform a show-stopping performance next week? I'd have thought if you even took a month or so off, you'd be in a pretty bad way.

I think she has still been training. I remember her saying something when interviewed about it being dangerous to stop abruptly so she had to keep training for a while.

I expected this to be a disaaaarstar, mainly because I anticipated that the skills involved would be too difficult for the celebs to learn to a standard that would enable them to do a half decent routine in a few weeks. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the standard achieved by most of them.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are braver than me ...... and probably braver than most of the sneerers here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    They are braver than me ...... and probably braver than most of the sneerers here.

Sneerers we maybe, but it doesnt make interesting tv viewing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    Cirque de celebrité was better than this...as was The Games.

It seems like ITV (Splash) and BBC (Tumble) have decided to take 1 event from each of those shows and build an entire shit series out of them.

You're late to the party, I was saying Ruby Wax's efforts way back when would likely shame this bunch.

Alex Jones must be lapdancing for BBC programming directors to keep her job and get more work despite being utterly terrible at everything but stroking her own hair and smiling on command.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as bad as I thought, enjoyed it more than I thought, Alex Jones just as poor as I thought.

Not original but looked good.

That's it really.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneerers we maybe, but it doesnt make interesting tv viewing.

Would that be a subjective opinion, there?
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    I feel Alex is wrong for this show and that Matt Baker would have been better as he commentates on the gymnastics when they are shown on bbc so he would know more about what the celebs are doing and be more interested in it, also there should be a co-host who can talk to the celebs after they have received the judges comments ala strictly.

Problem is that he doesn't really have experience as a presenter of this kind (then again, neither does Alex :D).

This only proves that being a good presenter is much tougher then it looks. Personally, I could name a few people who would be able to pull it off, but most of them would probably not be liked (not in terms of presenting skills).

At least this will be the end of her presenting career on big Saturday night entertainment shows (surely??).