Options

CS: Did Michael do it deliberately?

fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
Forum Member
When Michael was reversing the ice cream van out with Gail's guidance he was going very slowly, then he took a deep breath and proceeded to knock her down.

Did he knock her over on purpose? :confused: It certainly looked that way to me.

Comments

• Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    No I don't think he did. Des loves Gail :D

Unless Eileen was somehow controlling his mind... :o
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, course he didn't! :kitty:
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He probably realizes he will be screwed down the line, and took the chance of getting it over and done with and get rid of Gail.
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Fizzle, it did seem odd - but hard to tell if it's just bad acting/staging!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    'I don't really know.'

Seriously, though, who could blame him?
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    I don't think he did it purposely, plus he could be in bother now regarding breaking his curfew.
    Eileen becoming really nasty now. Also, she seems a really pointless character at the moment.
    She was rather pathetic last night when she was laughing after Gail was injured.
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Eileen becoming really nasty now. Also, she seems a really pointless character at the moment.
    She was rather pathetic last night when she was laughing after Gail was injured.

I just posted about this in the SOR thread. Yes we know they're arch enemies but Eileen's reaction was ridiculous - she's not even a Street 'bitch', never mind a total psycho. Have they got the interns to write CS while the grownups are on holiday >:(
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical. I stop watching Coronation Street and then Des goes and commits a crime of passion against Flirty :( I be he knocked her down, if only to give her regular sponge baths on the road to recovery. I'm sure David could give him a few tips from his best seller '101 ways to kill your flirty mother'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty obvious he did it on purpose, it’s the oldest trick in the book that.

Des was clearly fretting about the Gail straying, or perhaps even gallivanting loosely around the street – so he opted instead to cripple her, thus making her completely dependant on him.
    Only thing is, he needed to make it look like a complete accident in order to fool not only her, but the nosey law and of course those sneaky sods down at the insurance company.

I’ve found some helpful advice online concerning the very subject; pound to a penny you’ll find the same info in Des’ recent laptop history …

“In order to execute such a plan, you must firstly appear to be something of a hapless buffoon – indeed being accident-prone is something of a real advantage here.

Secondly you need to engineer a “harmless” situation that quickly becomes perilous for your unfortunate victim – i.e. your attacking her knees with a cricket bat simply won’t do.

Lastly you have to appear completely distraught, especially in the hospital and subsequent aftermath – whilst not forgetting of course to bang that insurance claim in rather sharpish.

If everything goes to plan, you’ll have an eyelid-fluttering, stay-at-home, devoted woman, and plenty of ale money in your sky rocket.”
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    Pretty obvious he did it on purpose, it’s the oldest trick in the book that.

Des was clearly fretting about the Gail straying, or perhaps even gallivanting loosely around the street – so he opted instead to cripple her, thus making her completely dependant on him.
    Only thing is, he needed to make it look like a complete accident in order to fool not only her, but the nosey law and of course those sneaky sods down at the insurance company.

I’ve found some helpful advice online concerning the very subject; pound to a penny you’ll find the same info in Des’ recent laptop history …

“In order to execute such a plan, you must firstly appear to be something of a hapless buffoon – indeed being accident-prone is something of a real advantage here.

Secondly you need to engineer a “harmless” situation that quickly becomes perilous for your unfortunate victim – i.e. your attacking her knees with a cricket bat simply won’t do.

Lastly you have to appear completely distraught, especially in the hospital and subsequent aftermath – whilst not forgetting of course to bang that insurance claim in rather sharpish.

If everything goes to plan, you’ll have an eyelid-fluttering, stay-at-home, devoted woman, and plenty of ale money in your sky rocket.”

Des would not do this :(
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    I don't think he did it purposely, plus he could be in bother now regarding breaking his curfew.

Eileen is really annoying. Just sits there wobbling her head, smirking, making stupid snide remarks. Really unsympathetic character and someone else I would like to see get punched (but sadly we won't be granted something so satisfying).

But of course this was a woman who found it funny that the Platt family nearly got murdered by a serial killer and that a depressed man ended up killing himself. No wonder Todd is such a prick.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was an accident
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    I just posted about this in the SOR thread. Yes we know they're arch enemies but Eileen's reaction was ridiculous - she's not even a Street 'bitch', never mind a total psycho. Have they got the interns to write CS while the grownups are on holiday >:(
    Hi. Could you let me know what the SOR thread is? Apologies if I have out something wrong on DS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eileen is really annoying. Just sits there wobbling her head, smirking, making stupid snide remarks. Really unsympathetic character and someone else I would like to see get punched (but sadly we won't be granted something so satisfying).

But of course this was a woman who found it funny that the Platt family nearly got murdered by a serial killer and that a depressed man ended up killing himself. No wonder Todd is such a prick.
    I think that you have the same opinion of Eileen as I have, callumfreeman!