Does anybody find this Peter storyline really long now?

MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
Forum Member
I'm really bored of him drinking lately. CS seems to be going round and round in circles. Even Jim's return hasn't made it that much more interesting. Usually a murder storyline is gripping but I find this one somewhat a let down. :(

Comments

• Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,483
    Forum Member
    Yep I agree and I'm bored shitless of these groundhog day scenes of him pathetically begging Jim for booze every 5 minutes>:(. It's sooooooo repetitive.

Why did they feel the need to have him hit the booze yet again. We all know he's leaving one way or another so I wish they'd just hurry it up now!
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Yep I agree and I'm bored shitless of these groundhog day scenes of him pathetically begging Jim for booze every 5 minutes>:(. It's sooooooo repetitive.

Why did they feel the need to have him hit the booze yet again. We all know he's leaving one way or another so I wish they'd just hurry it up now!

Exactly! >:(
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep bored to tears with it all. Just die Peter and give us all a break.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So tedious, all it is, is Peter begging Jim for booze and doing Jim a favour then his cellmate giving Peter advice. His cellmate's hilarious though :D
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he film these in a block as they seem relentlessly drawn out?
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I wish they gave him something else to do besides be drunk in prison. I do think his cheerful cellmate is funny though. Maybe they could do more with that relationship.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is boring....but I always find prison and courtroom scenes tediously boring...

But Chris Gascoigne acting as been marvelous..so true to life..
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bored of this storyline especially since Peter has been in prison as the storyline isn't moving anywhere. Peter just constantly begging for booze and Rob getting suspicious and starts going into a meltdown because someone says a word beginning with P. It's so boring they need a really good twist but I don't see that happening or it will be boring and a cliché.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I'm glad people agree lol
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    ....................... I do think his cheerful cellmate is funny though. Maybe they could do more with that relationship.

Maybe he could visit peter once they're both out. Then just hang around, and finally he starts living in the street.

After all that's how we got Graham (sadly missed, wish he'd come back, with or without miss plot device), tyrone's mother, and hence tyrone and maybe others - so many of the residents have been banged up you lose track.

And, personally, I got bored with peter years ago, when the peter/leanne/carla carousel started.
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, Corrie's in rinse-and-repeat mode again, with identical scenes every ep. It's like chewing gum for six weeks.

It's not as if there aren't plenty of oppos for drama. Peter would be in all kinds of trouble with inmates, he'd have to trade favours a lot more dubious than getting Steve to visit his old da, so he would - and surely the warders would have noticed his behaviour, breath, appearance. SOMETHING would have happened.

In a way though it does show the horror of addiction. I wonder if they'll follow it to its grim conclusion. They're planting the idea that Simon might be able to save his dad if he could just show him some love 'n' trust. Somebody better collar Rob quick...
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    The problem with long storylines is that they lose their intensity. Take Lucy's murder in Eastenders - Peter could supposedly have done it because, for a fleeting time, it seemed as if Ian favoured her over him. Imagine if he turns out to have done it a year later. It will seem a very lame reason.

Peter's drinking needed to have a slightly new twist to it which has been provided by the prison scenario. I'm quite enjoying it. The thing is, his problems in the trouser department won't be helped by it. An impotent loser and cheap drunk.
  • YerbamateYerbamate Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I'm really bored of him drinking lately. CS seems to be going round and round in circles. Even Jim's return hasn't made it that much more interesting. Usually a murder storyline is gripping but I find this one somewhat a let down. :(

I am so bored, so I am.
  • morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep op Me too
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem is that Peter's storylines have always involved him drinking and so it feels like it's just another thing as we haven't seen a break.

The flat fire
    Leanne/marriage
    Carla affair
    Carla/marriage
    Tina affair
    Carla/split/miscarriage
    Tina's death/prison

I suppose at least his drinking hasn't been forgotten!
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite a powerful message about the demon drink though. Peter's cringing, cold-sweaty desperation is very well portrayed and at least Corrie can't be accused of glamorising alcoholism.

Unlike it does with Carla, the only lush in town who can knock back the odd bottle of red without any dire consequences, unless it happens to suit the plot of course. I'm glad actually cos I like Carla as a character, and you wouldn't want more than one end-stager on the show, but it's unrealistic.
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    It's quite a powerful message about the demon drink though. Peter's cringing, cold-sweaty desperation is very well portrayed and at least Corrie can't be accused of glamorising alcoholism.

Unlike it does with Carla, the only lush in town who can knock back the odd bottle of red without any dire consequences, unless it happens to suit the plot of course. I'm glad actually cos I like Carla as a character, and you wouldn't want more than one end-stager on the show, but it's unrealistic.

Agree totally with your first paragraph. Chris plays an alcoholic extremely well.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yerbamate wrote: »
    I am so bored, so I am.
    :):):)