Options

Carley Stenson...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
Forum Member
✭✭
she seriously deserves awards and recognition for her acting during Steph's Cancer Storyline!

so emotional and well portrayed!

anyone else agree?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    agreed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I don't agree, tbh.
    I'm pretty disappointed in the writing and the acting.. It could have been a lot better.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    amberbabe wrote: »
    she seriously deserves awards and recognition for her acting during Steph's Cancer Storyline!

so emotional and well portrayed!

anyone else agree?
    I don't agree, tbh.
    I'm pretty disappointed in the writing and the acting.. It could have been a lot better.

I don't agree that it derserves many awards nor do I agree that the acting could be better

I'm finding it very sad to watch and carley is playing it well but I think that the terminal illness storyline is the reason why people think it and Carley deserves awards when she hasn't really impressed me up to now

I do find it an emotional and touching storyline though- Poor little tom
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been a poorly executed storyline, Carley has been average, she hasn't been mind blowingly brilliant, she has just plodded along with the storyline in my opinion.

I've never understood the hype with her.

A brilliant and recognised illness storyline was Hannah's anorexia problem and Emma Rigby can out-act Carley any day of the week.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carley is doing a brilliant job.

Im really going to miss Steph!:cry:
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raven123 wrote: »
    It has been a poorly executed storyline, Carley has been average, she hasn't been mind blowingly brilliant, she has just plodded along with the storyline in my opinion.

I've never understood the hype with her.

A brilliant and recognised illness storyline was Hannah's anorexia problem and Emma Rigby can out-act Carley any day of the week.

LOL are you serious? Average? Wow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's not amazing and she's not rubbish, therefore average.

In what scenes has she been incredible?

she was pretty good when Max was still on it, I don't think she's really improved over the years, just the same, if not worse, this cancer storyline should set her apart from the rest of the cast, you should be able to tell how good she is, maybe it's her or maybe it's the script/ storyline that has let her down.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

I agree. Carley's a great actress. She's certainly always been brilliant at comedy. If the script is good she can be just as good for drama as well. It's a pity they've chosen this for her leaving storyline. She desereved better.

Emma Rigby overdid the gurning in her storyline. She was always a bit OTT to me, but they did a brilliant make-up job making her look like a grey skeleton without Emma actually losing any weight, so the make-up people deserved credit for that. Emma herself did an okay job, but her acting isn't anything special. Though any decent actor stands out in HO cos most of them are usually so bad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I agree. Carley's a great actress. She's certainly always been brilliant at comedy. If the script is good she can be just as good for drama as well. It's a pity they've chosen this for her leaving storyline. She desereved better.

I actually agree, her comedy acting is what she's best at, I think this has pushed her too much, not to mention how bad the script is.

I would have liked to seen her leave in a similar way to how Debbie did, doing something she enjoyed dancing and singing, getting a part in a musical or something, instead of boring tragedy and the Tom curse.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it has been a crap portrayal.

She doesnt look sick at all and was dancing around a few eps after the hysterectomy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    I think it has been a crap portrayal.

She doesnt look sick at all and was dancing around a few eps after the hysterectomy.

That was what I said when this story was announced,and why I thought as they HAD decided to have her go this way that they were just gonna have her leave while still in good health - that at least IS realistic, she doesn't have to look at deaths door in an instant - and see life away from HO and go for her dream, sort of thing, and then basically never mention her again until someone says she's died somewhere!

But this is a TERRIBLE storyline to give to someone whose been in HO for 10 years!! They have no idea how to do it realistically and for someone who, for Gods sake, has been a COMEDY character more than anything else, whoever came up with this depressing idea for her exit should be sacked!

Killing her off is criminal. You don't kill off comedy characters!

I don't blame Carley if she's going through it all in auto pilot. They don't deserve that she gives anymore than that for this depressing storyline. Steph is the kind of chracter who should leave on a comedy high of some sort.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    That was what I said when this story was announced,and why I thought as they HAD decided to have her go this way that they were just gonna have her leave while still in good health - that at least IS realistic, she doesn't have to look at deaths door in an instant - and see life away from HO and go for her dream, sort of thing, and then basically never mention her again until someone says she's died somewhere!

But this is a TERRIBLE storyline to give to someone whose been in HO for 10 years!! They have no idea how to do it realistically and for someone who, for Gods sake, has been a COMEDY character more than anything else, whoever came up with this depressing idea for her exit should be sacked!

Killing her off is criminal. You don't kill off comedy characters!

I don't blame Carley if she's going through it all in auto pilot. They don't deserve that she gives anymore than that for this depressing storyline. Steph is the kind of chracter who should leave on a comedy high of some sort.

There is no way that steph would leave tom to go and seek fame and fortune so to be fair I think killing her off is the only realsitic way she would ever leave tom. I find the storyline moving and carley is doing a good enough job
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is no way that steph would leave tom to go and seek fame and fortune so to be fair I think killing her off is the only realsitic way she would ever leave tom. I find the storyline moving and carley is doing a good enough job

So it's the fault of the Devil Kid that kills everyone off who looks after him, that they had to kill HER off?

Poor Carley, that she was lumbered with him, then!

Wouldn't it just be easier to kill HIM off?! He;s gonna wipe out every member of his family (whether it;s a blood, step or half connection) in the end, anyway, probably.

Who has he killed off so far? His mother, his father, his half-brother, his half-niece, his half-sister-in-law .... anyone else?

This is one terrfying child. And he's not even 10 yet!
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carleys been great as usual, but I don't quite like the writing...
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the acting has been woeful to say the least.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    Carleys been great as usual, but I don't quite like the writing...

Carley was very moving tonight on E4, but I do agree the writing hasn't been brilliant. I have lost friends to this disease and , even with a very aggressive one, it took its time. This will have been all done and dusted in about 2 months.

Realise they can't do it in 'real time' but I'm obviously not the only one who thinks the story poorly written.

Yes, Carley is better known for comedy (or she wouldn't have been cast in Legally Blonde) but she did rise to the occasion tonight I thought - her scene with Darren was very good.

(NB to Darren; don't think accountants wear colourful string vests under loud shirts!)
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The story line has not been executed well at all.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I think it's picking up now and it's getting emotional. I feel a air of sadness she is going to be killed off in this way, well being killed off altogether.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    I think it could have been a lot better. I don't think they have shown her having any treatment or talking to doctors more than a few times. It's just Steph trying to use the cancer to improve her life and raising money. They haven't shown her handling her cancer, no sickness, nothing. Now she is dying and I expected more emotion from all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I think it could have been a lot better. I don't think they have shown her having any treatment or talking to doctors more than a few times. It's just Steph trying to use the cancer to improve her life and raising money. They haven't shown her handling her cancer, no sickness, nothing. Now she is dying and I expected more emotion from all.

erm, she HAS been shown handling her cancer, in a way that only Steph can e.g. trying to seek fame and doing things for charity. also do you want them to show Steph having treatment in every ep? if it has not been shown at least she has said she has been or gilly has said it. also she has been shown being tired which is a symptom.

i am not liking all the negativity on this thread about as Carly has done a brilliant job so far. as some one who has been through cancer before it is realistic and very touching seeing steph going through it and her friendship with louis is good.

i agree that its not the best way for steph to go but her leaving without tom would be unrealistic. also i think the writing is good.

sorry for ranting but it needed to be said after some of the bad comments on here. i really hope she gets an award next yr.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    She's NOT getting killed off! It's obvious that her and that lads test results got mixed up. Why else would they introduce him? And he looked like he was dying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    She's NOT getting killed off! It's obvious that her and that lads test results got mixed up. Why else would they introduce him? And he looked like he was dying.

erm care to explain how it is obvious the results were mixed up?:confused: plus they introduced him to be a friend to step during her cancer ordeal. plus he looked worse as he as been having treatment for longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »

umm apologies if I've got this wrong but hasn't Steph got cervical cancer? Would be rather odd then if the results were mixed up with a male :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Carley Stenson has been brilliant during this storyline!
    Suprised not alot of people agree but I knew Carley would do this storyline justice.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking that since Cheryl is Steph's friend and has won the lottery, she will carry on Steph's legacy with a bench or something (like Arthur's bench in the middle of Albert Square or the HO '06 fire victims spray-painted on the village wall).

Plus it would be fitting since Carley/Steph has been in the show for 10 years.