Options

Eggheads - Any1 else find Kevin so annoying

Comments

• Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Kevin, beat him and you have a chance.

It's getting beyond a joke though how weighted the questions are

"Challengers - who was seventeenth daughter of the eight emperor of the Ming Dynasty?"
    "Egg heads - what day comes after Saturday?"
  • Options
    avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My least favourite is Chris - he always looks like a bad loser.

Judith and Daphne are alright, and I find CJ funny.

Pat is fine and so is Kevin. Barry also seems like a nice guy :)
  • Options
    zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin is by far the most knowledgeable of the 7-without him, the team often struggles. Jeremy Vine spoils the show for me with his smugness.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I think that Kevin always seems the nicest.
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    Kevin always looks nervous to me. I can't read him at all.
    CJ is the smug one.
    How come Daphne's guesses always seem to be the right answer? I don't believe her for a minute that she didn't know.

I take his look to be embarassment or that he doesn't want to beat the challengers but that's his job. His additional facts are just because he knows them, and sometimes if you know a fact just have to tell it :D

Every other egghead is far more smug and annoying, with Daphne the smiling assassin the worst of the lot :p

CJ is indeed very funny, I love the faces he pulls on the big screen in the last round to show he clearly knows the answer and all the others are idiots. It's a shame he didn't know his own questions as then he wouldn't be on the big screen :D
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Had to laugh the other night when they asked the eggheads a question about the Shakers. You just knew Daphne would have the answer.

Didn't know she was a Bury fan!!:D
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daphne is by far the most smug of them all. Very insincere!
  • Options
    CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind any of them, even CJ but perhaps it's because I find it a bit slow and usually only watch about the last ten minutes or so!
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zackai48 wrote: »
    Kevin is by far the most knowledgeable of the 7-without him, the team often struggles. Jeremy Vine spoils the show for me with his smugness.
    Personally I much prefer Jeremy to Dermot - I think he comes across as much nicer. I find Dermot very condescending - especially to Barry.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karly wrote: »
    Personally I much prefer Jeremy to Dermot - I think he comes across as much nicer. I find Dermot very condescending - especially to Barry.
    Me, too. The way Dermot keeps telling the challengers off for not having more than one in the final. As if they could help it!
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else find someone who spells anyone as any1 even more annoying?
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much hate for intelligent people!

Kevin seems like a nice guy to me. Always congratulates/says well played at the end of a game. CJ and Daphne on the other hand have the humility of a skyscraper. CJ acts like a total buffoon.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mum and I find Kevin the most humblest and charming Egghead of them all. CJ Daphne and Barry all look like spoilt children when a contestant gets a question wrong, they look like they can't believe how stupid they are being, and I have never ever seen Kevin do that.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »

Some people are very busy. I often only have time to write Jun instead of June, particularly during the summer months.
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Some people are very busy. I often only have time to write Jun instead of June, particularly during the summer months.
    Phew, well done Supratad, that was a close one - he'd have been down on you like a ton (tonne?!) of bricks :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    CJ is reallllyy annoying and pretentious, IMO.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spend most of the programme watching Daphnes teeth ,I always hope they might land on the table !!Are they ten times too big for her mouth or ten times too small , whichever way they dont fit !
    And her sweet little old lady persona doesnt wash with me , underneath is a steely determination and she hates to loose .
    And her sage nodding when she knows the answer makes me laugh out loud ,Makeing sure we know she knows .:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Daphne - heroically quizzical - and they stupidly take her on at music!
    CJ - vain, narcissistic and darned clever at remembering lists
    Chris - real-ale drinking train enthusiast professional curmudgeon and teddy bear - would like to have him on my pub quiz team for the craic
    Judith - the weakest IMO - limited interests which I doubt would coincide with mine - probably quite funny in an aristo kind of way
    Patrick - big knowledge-base, but not as extrovert as some of the others
    Barry - tries so hard to be liked and be 'normal' but comes across as very geeky
    and
    Kevin - Mr Serious - so well-informed that 'Mr Clever Clogs' was probably coined for him - too reserved for my liking, but I reckon the most dangerous one to face.

I know four people who have been on the programme and three were in a team took it to sudden death in the GK having knocked out a couple of Eggheads - I am in the same pub quiz team as one of them and the other two come along from time to time. We haven't finished outside the top 3 since I joined and did win the annual village quiz (which they have now won 4 of the last 5 years). They said that CJ was the friendliest on the day, which somewhat took me by surprise. I also know a guy who was in the cartoonists team that beat the Eggheads - they are good, but if the questions fall to your strengths, you CAN win as the people I know show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Kevin, he's really intelligent and often gets the Eggheads out of holes when none of the others know the answer.

I actually root for the Eggheads to win rather than the challenging team
  • Options
    clayton_stclayton_st Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the way that Daffers always lets us know that she knows an answer to someone else's question.She gesticulates madly to ensure that we are all aware she she has got the answer.
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them get on my nerves with the smugness...Oh the smugness!
  • Options
    Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    My favourite bit of Eggheads ever was when Kevin got the question about a Guernsey delicacy - Gache (pron 'gash') wrong and he said something along the lines of:

"I was in Guernsey recently but i didn't eat any Gache"! :D

He said it with a completely straight face but i am sure i saw a twinkle in his eye!
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »

Wow you are one heck of a SNOB
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clare* wrote: »
    I actually root for the Eggheads to win rather than the challenging team

I dont not ever
  • Options
    CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    My favourite bit of Eggheads ever was when Kevin got the question about a Guernsey delicacy - Gache (pron 'gash') wrong and he said something along the lines of:

"I was in Guernsey recently but i didn't eat any Gache"! :D

He said it with a completely straight face but i am sure i saw a twinkle in his eye!

Perhaps he was on the Guernsey sausage!:D:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C.J is the most annoying imo, his face when someone is giving the wrong answer, he is the smuggest smug in Smugville..:D

I agree with this.:D