Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • macharemachare Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. This forum needs a 'Thank you' button as you find on some other forums!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    A big thanks to Raydon and contributors .
    Well Done. :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icutedave wrote: »
    A big thanks to Raydon and contributors .
    Well Done. :):):)

Its almost as much fun as the add-ons for the Topfield 5800, you go away for two weeks, come back and find the guys have added something new and totally cool.

But the 5800 was actually built to allow extensions, which made things a whole heap easier, whole replacement EPGs were commonplace. There were several community developed EPGs that made the out of the box EPG look totally amateur.

Hopefully some future platform will allow that level of flexibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully some future platform will allow that level of flexibility.
    The Linux (Dreambox type) receivers do that now. (At a price!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    4.04 has now been released and implemented into the 1.17 latest humax firmware. What this means is you don't need to flash 1.17 first you just need to flash the 4.04 firmware and everything works again. Many thanks to raydon and all the other people involved in making these things possible.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1517610-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-a.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    adrianf36 has just released his v2.0 upgrade to the web interface for the Foxsat HDR with some cool new features !
    Check out his thread HERE :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I have installed the new firmware and all is OK, I can "see" the HDR on my network, but I can't play the ts files, any views would be helpful:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woolfynorm wrote: »
    I have installed the new firmware and all is OK, I can "see" the HDR on my network, but I can't play the ts files, any views would be helpful:confused:
    Are the files you can't play SD or HD? and what are you trying to use to play the files? VLC or Windows Media PLayer should be OK for SD files.
    Forum Member
    machare wrote: »
    Are the files you can't play SD or HD? and what are you trying to use to play the files? VLC or Windows Media PLayer should be OK for SD files.

Good point, HD files, are they encryped?
    Forum Member

Download XBMC for the PC and the films will then play. Or if you want an easy way of doing it with no set up then try VLC media player. Windows Media Player does play the videos make sure you are clicking on the files that say MPEG-2 TS VIDEO it says this on the file type.

The HD files are usually encoded, but I think BBC 1 HD doesn't encode them at the moment but I could be wrong.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adgloride wrote: »
    Download XBMC for the PC and the films will then play. Or if you want an easy way of doing it with no set up then try VLC media player. Windows Media Player does play the videos make sure you are clicking on the files that say MPEG-2 TS VIDEO it says this on the file type.

The HD files are usually encoded, but I think BBC 1 HD doesn't encode them at the moment but I could be wrong.

BBC1 HD started encryption again just before the Royal Wedding.
  • paulburkepaulburke Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Or if you want an easy way of doing it with no set up then try VLC media player.

I use VLC, and cannot play them. Do I need to change a setting or something?
    Forum Member
    paulburke wrote: »
    I use VLC, and cannot play them. Do I need to change a setting or something?

Your proably trying to play the wrong files

Look for the files that arn't in the folder and are MPEG-2 TS VIDEO.
    Forum Member
    Your proably trying to play the wrong files

Just to confirm, you can only play non HD files, is that correct?
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, you can only play non HD files, is that correct?

Not strictly accurate - you may only play files that do not have the "ENC" icon in Media. The BBC has transmitted HD programmes in the past without setting the encryption flag and I think it is possible for the broadcaster to set this for a SD programme.

I do not think anyone has ever seen a SD programme with the flag set and yes currently it is the practice (of the main broadcasters) to set this for HD programmes
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The time-shift buffer file 0.ts is never encrypted so if there is an HD program you want to save on your PC, stream and save this file while the program is being broadcast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    4.04 has now been released and implemented into the 1.17 latest humax firmware. What this means is you don't need to flash 1.17 first you just need to flash the 4.04 firmware and everything works again. Many thanks to raydon and all the other people involved in making these things possible.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1517610-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-a.html
    Since installing 4.04 the browser is asking for name and password, I have tried the suggestions in the readme file with no effect, while I can read and write to the HDR with Explorer I can no longer update via the browser, any suggestions for a Silver Surfer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arirsole wrote: »
    Since installing 4.04 the browser is asking for name and password, I have tried the suggestions in the readme file with no effect, while I can read and write to the HDR with Explorer I can no longer update via the browser, any suggestions for a Silver Surfer?

For it to do that you had to enter a user ID and Password on the settings page. That would have activated password protection within mongoose.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that REPASSAC, I do not recall entering anything on the settings page, if I had is there any way to get into the browser page to change things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that REPASSAC, I do not recall entering anything on the settings page, if I had is there any way to get into the browser page to change things.

No - you need the id and password to do that.
    What did you install telnet, ftp or samba by any chance?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »

If you have any means of doing so you need to delete a file called "/opt/etc/.htpasswd"
    Using telnet the command would be: rm "/opt/etc/.htpasswd"
    I don't think it is necessary to restart you browser or your HDR but this may be needed.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your advise, as I am now well out of my comfort zone I will try reinstalling and then give up. Cheers.
    Forum Member
    If you have any means of doing so you need to delete a file called "/opt/etc/.htpasswd"
    Using telnet the command would be: rm "/opt/etc/.htpasswd"
    I don't think it is necessary to restart you browser or your HDR but this may be needed.
    Deleted /opt/etc/.htpasswd and all is now well, Many many thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted /opt/etc/.htpasswd and all is now well, Many many thanks.

My pleasure - have a good evening :)