England Games on STV

mrs brownmrs brown Posts: 33
Forum Member
For the second time ever since 2008 STV will be showing England games that are outwith the World Cup and Euros. According to my EPG and TV Choice magazine STV will be showing England v Norway friendly live. This will be the 2nd England game STV has shown the first being England V Scotland last year. I take it this change is happening as ITV has the Scotland game highlights this season. I would expect once the qualifiers begin STV will show the England game live with ITV presentation then show the highlights after the news with there own presentation so they can have the Scotland game as the main game in the highlights show then the other games after.

Comments

• RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they probably had to pay their share for live England game so they could show Scotland highlights.
  • mrs brownmrs brown Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Yes, they probably had to pay their share for live England game so they could show Scotland highlights.

Most likely
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England v Norway has established a record for the fewest number of tickets sold since the new Wembley opened, only about 17,000 such is the interest among England fans.They will probably all fit into one stand of a stadium with 90,000 capacity.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrs brown wrote: »
    For the second time ever since 2008 STV will be showing England games that are outwith the World Cup and Euros. According to my EPG and TV Choice magazine STV will be showing England v Norway friendly live. This will be the 2nd England game STV has shown the first being England V Scotland last year. I take it this change is happening as ITV has the Scotland game highlights this season. I would expect once the qualifiers begin STV will show the England game live with ITV presentation then show the highlights after the news with there own presentation so they can have the Scotland game as the main game in the highlights show then the other games after.

Aww stv viewer, we missed you:D

On topic, the game will have zero interest here in Scotlsnd but the alternative would be. 43rd repeat of Midsomer Murders i suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stv don't have rights to any Scotland games.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Stv don't have rights to any Scotland games.

Don't BBC Scotland have rights to the highlights ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Don't BBC Scotland have rights to the highlights ?

That's correct.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh great. We have to put up with amateur hour presentation from stv then.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    So is "Mrs Brown" the banned user "STV Viewer" then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course he is.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww stv viewer, we missed you:D

On topic, the game will have zero interest here in Scotlsnd but the alternative would be. 43rd repeat of Midsomer Murders i suppose.

I have zero interest in any football but I cannot understand why supposed football fans will only watch their own team or why they think they are forced to watch anything on TV, there is always an off button.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yeah this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAzBPsiLe1o LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I have zero interest in any football but I cannot understand why supposed football fans will only watch their own team or why they think they are forced to watch anything on TV, there is always an off button.

I am a Scot and wouldn't go out of my way to watch Scotland never mind England!

I didn't say I feel forced to watch anything?
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Is the highlights contract with ITV or STV ? That wil determine whether they get a national airing or whether they are STV exclusive.

Either way, I expect STV will package them into their own programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the highlights contract with ITV or STV ? That wil depend on whether they get a national airing or whether they are STV exclusive.

Either way, I expect STV will package them into their own programme.

From the Express link...

“So what they have done is negotiated a deal to take all of the home nations games and ITV have the highlights so STV in Scotland will have the highlights. It’s great news for us from a stability point of view.”
    Forum Member
    Of course he is.

I don't know how this rumour started I am not Stv viewer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how this rumour started I am not Stv viewer

Let's look at your posting history then.....

Suzanna Reid...check
    Boobs.....check
    Stv......check
    Football......check
    Sky Sports News ......check
    GMB...check

The case for the prosecution rests m'lud.

All we need is a fantasy schedule and Ellie Crisell post and it's a full house.:D
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Username all in lower case - check
    Forum Member
    Let's look at your posting history then.....

Suzanna Reid...check
    Boobs.....check
    Stv......check
    Football......check
    Sky Sports News ......check
    GMB...check

The case for the prosecution rests m'lud.

So what I have posted in these threads it means nothing loads of others do.
    Any way I think mammy deserves an apologize about who owns the highlights
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Well if it is a Yes vote in September, I assume Salmond will demand that all Scotland games be shown live on STV, but expect ITV to pay for them
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Well if it is a Yes vote in September, I assume Salmond will demand that all Scotland games be shown live on STV, but expect ITV to pay for them

That is probably the only upside to Independence Scotland games on free to air TV. I am still a NO though
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ITV deal with the FA for England friendlies is completely separate to the ITV deal with UEFA for England qualifiers (+ highlights of other games).

It could be a sign that ITV will be showing the Scotland v England friendly (sub-licensed from Sky) meaning STV has has to pay a share of all England friendlies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what I have posted in these threads it means nothing loads of others do.
    Any way I think mammy deserves an apologize about who owns the highlights

You fool no one son. The mods will suss you out soon.
    Forum Member
    You fool no one son. The mods will suss you out soon.

I have nothing to hide but to be honest after a few days I have had a enough of this bullying. This is my last post on Digital Spy. Good Bye. All the best to everyone on Digital Spy