Newcastle United Fans - 2009-10 Season

Comments

• madanglianmadanglian Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've got 36,900 "hardcore loyal supporters"? (Attendance at Reading match)

Wow.

Wonder how many of the clubs in the Premier League would get that if they were relegated .... ?

;)
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Theres plenty still in the Premiership that don't get that many.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven Taylor in talks with Everton.

Or maybe just a bit more SSN "creative journalism"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madanglian wrote: »
    Or maybe just a bit more SSN "creative journalism"

The club have now said no bids have been received, this probably means he's undergoing a medical at Goodison as we speak ! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPFC: Darryl Flahavan, Clint Hill, Patrick McCarthy, Jose Fonte, Danny Butterfield, Alassane N'Diaye, Neil Danns, Shaun Derry, Alan Lee, Freddie Sears, Darren Ambrose
    Subs: Victor Moses, Nathaniel Clyne, Sean Scannell, Johannes Ertl, Matt Lawrence, Kieran Djilali, Nick Carle

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Jose Enrique, Fabricio Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez, Ryan Taylor, Alan Smith (c), Danny Guthrie, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi
    Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Nicky Butt, Nile Ranger, Xisco. Geremi, Kazenga LuaLua
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    I will be happy with a draw!

[edit] Good start!:D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    1-0 Newcastle!

Nolan.
    Forum Member
    2-0

Raylor! (ryan taylor)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shola top scorer, Nolan and Ryan Taylor scoring today, perhaps pigs do fly !

What next ? Alan Smith scoring ? surely not lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sounds like the defence is playing well for once ! wonder how Simpson is doing ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great result all round and good to see Nolan and Ryan Taylor get off the mark. :) Also Nicky Butt got 26 minutes and Steven "halfway to Everton" :p Taylor got the full 90 .....
  • Sir Jeremy IIISir Jeremy III Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Howz Joey Barton been playing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Howz Joey Barton been playing?

Along with Alan Smith he's been our best midfielder in my opinion, lucky we've got Danny Guthrie back, but Barton has been very impressive.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    2-0

Raylor! (ryan taylor)

Palace fan here. Cracking goal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NUFC Statement

NEWCASTLE United Football Club confirms that it has extended its deadline to Barry Moat to table an offer for the Club.

The extension has been granted in order to allow Barry Moat and his advisors to conclude funding arrangements with Barclays, current bankers, for the continuation of last season's £39m facility.

This would allow a formal offer to be tabled.

Extension until ........... ?

The end of the transfer window? :mad:

Well I'm trying to stay optimistic.

If, as many suggest, Ashley is stringing us along, I fail to see what good that will do him if he is going to hold on to the club. It's still going to be his mess he has to deal with.

If he is holding on till the transfer window closes to get as much money as possible from selling players, at least he will be gone and we can move forward. It's a well known fact we couldn't afford a squad of Premier League-waged players in the Championship anyway.

Obviously it will be a blow if Tayls goes as he is an adopted Geordie, but I have yet to see any concrete proof that Moyes is interested in him even if Lescott goes. A close look at the situation at Everton would suggest that there are bigger priorities (eg an extra forward or two).

In any case, if Ashley was trying to string it out as long as possible, wouldn't Barry Moat have something to say about it? (eg: "er, I've already got the money, Mike, can't we do this now so I can get a manager in before the transfer window closes?")

Plus, £39m is rather a lot of money. Barclays would be in much deeper doo-doo if they went around dishing out that kind of gelt without some pretty comprehensive investigation re. overall financial state
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madanglian wrote: »
    ...... even if Lescott goes.

:o

Hadn't read all the sports news

Still don't think Steven Taylor is going to Everton
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see last night's game, but it sounds like we need a few more players - comes to something when our star striker is rested, then sent on late in the match to rescue it ....

and the star striker is Ameobi .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    23,000 at Villa Park last night for a Europa League qualifier, and people have the gall to have a pop at us for 44,000 in the championship.
  • Paulo 313Paulo 313 Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the strikers injury crises ?? why dont you push Santiago Munez up front ??? :D !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paulo 313 wrote: »
    With the strikers injury crises ?? why dont you push Santiago Munez up front ??? :D !!

:D:D:D

IF Munez had been a real player and IF he was still at Newcastle he would be one of only three players remaining from the Robson era..
    No prizes for naming the other two :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob Lee reckons Ashley is not appointing Al as manager in order to save money. Full article here
    .....Ashley has enraged fans further by refusing, thus far, to offer a permanent contract to local hero and temporary manager Alan Shearer, ... ostensibly in case potential buyers did not want the Magpies’ record goalscorer in charge. However, Lee, who remains close friends with his ex-colleague and speaks to him “most days”, does not accept that explanation.

Asked if he thinks the purported reason for keeping Shearer hanging on was a smokescreen, Lee replies: “Yes, yes. If you put Alan Shearer in charge he is going to want to improve the club, and he is going to want money. I think the cheaper way is what (Ashley) is doing. By not appointing Alan he hasn’t got to spend any more money.” With Ashley seemingly set to stay in charge for another season, can the impasse be resolved? “I don’t know,” says Lee. “I think he (Shearer) is getting pissed off with it. It’s been going on too long. My gut feeling is I can’t see Mike Ashley having him back and I can’t see Alan working for him again. I’d be surprised if that happened.”

Lee even questions whether Ashley genuinely intended to sell this summer at all. “Nobody knows the truth apart from Mike Ashley. He is the only one who knows how many bids he’s had, how much they were for and whether he’s willing to sell. As a businessman, he doesn’t want to take a massive loss. As long as he doesn’t sell, it’s (only) a paper loss.”

I still think Ashley wants to get out ASAP just to move on.

Surely whenever he's introduced to new business contacts they all give him that "knowing look" and try not to snigger up their sleeves.

To lose your reputation among the (relatively small) business circles you move in is one thing, to have it massacred in this very public way has to be a whole lot worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Curly Cheeny get on the scoresheet :)

Seems to me we've spent most of the first half defending corners tho. Good that we've kept a clean sheet, but I hope we see a bit more creativity in the second half
    Forum Member
    Smith took one for the team:cool:

[edit] full time :cool:, I would of been happy with a draw!:) But a win:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    top of the Championship again :D