Most Haunted Live Back - sort of

2»

Comments

• Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    Why haven't they got a proper programme on a TV Channel?????

They want to broadcast to the world & not just select audiences such as ppv TV channels that not everyone can get (like before).
    Hopefully they will do proper live ones if their ppv website episodes take off, I know its pay to view but its not really very much.
    http://www.officialmosthaunted.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Moboloco wrote: »
    They want to broadcast to the world & not just select audiences such as ppv TV channels that not everyone can get (like before).
    Hopefully they will do proper live ones if their ppv website episodes take off, I know its pay to view but its not really very much.

Broadcast to the world:confused: that's a bit ambitious! This is most haunted we're talking about. It only had some die hard fans
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

I think it is more likely that Tv companies would be weary that anything they filmed would be either faked or assumed to be faked, The fact that they tell you it is just for entertainment before the repeats says a lot. They probably can't get a Tv deal with their reputations as they are now
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    Broadcast to the world:confused: that's a bit ambitious! This is most haunted we're talking about. It only had some die hard fans

They say millions on their fansites :p also they did some usa eps & they went well and over in the states they are mad about such types of show (Taps For example).

I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the show (only watch the live ones) but I believe it could be massive if they don't go ppv.... which unfortunately they are.
    cris182 wrote: »
    I think it is more likely that Tv companies would be weary that anything they filmed would be either faked or assumed to be faked, The fact that they tell you it is just for entertainment before the repeats says a lot. They probably can't get a Tv deal with their reputations as they are now

You could be right, some say the reason they lost/gave up (not sure which) their tv slot was because of dwindling viewing figures... obviously not helped by the Conway & Accorah debacles.
    Some say it was more to do with the the legal proceedings which I don't think they like people talking about.
    I don't think anybody really knows the full story bar those in the positions that matter.

All in all it probably would hinder them getting picked up so obviously going the internet route can only help them pick up viewers from all around the world.

Personally I wouldn't pay to watch the prerecorded episodes but I would pay a bit (maybe £2-£3) to watch a live episode every few months.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair to them they have said they hate that they now have to use that bit before every episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing about tonight was Karl and Yvette updating their Twitter and Facebook statuses basically saying that it was crap because they weren't allowed to call out :p
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    The best thing about tonight was Karl and Yvette updating their Twitter and Facebook statuses basically saying that it was crap because they weren't allowed to call out :p

Why weren't they allowed to call out? It did put a dampener on proceedings. They also weren't allowed to do the glass thing on the floor or the scrying. I'd be interested to know the reason behind that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All i have to say is #wonkylamp

:p
  • Options
    marieofromaniamarieofromania Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They say millions on their fansites :p also they did some usa eps & they went well and over in the states they are mad about such types of show (Taps For example).

I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the show (only watch the live ones) but I believe it could be massive if they don't go ppv.... which unfortunately they are.

You could be right, some say the reason they lost/gave up (not sure which) their tv slot was because of dwindling viewing figures... obviously not helped by the Conway & Accorah debacles.
    Some say it was more to do with the the legal proceedings which I don't think they like people talking about.
    I don't think anybody really knows the full story bar those in the positions that matter.

All in all it probably would hinder them getting picked up so obviously going the internet route can only help them pick up viewers from all around the world.

Personally I wouldn't pay to watch the prerecorded episodes but I would pay a bit (maybe £2-£3) to watch a live episode every few months.

What was the Conway debacle? I've heard the Derek Acorah allegations.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    What was the Conway debacle? I've heard the Derek Acorah allegations.

Chris Conway, The scottish medium said he had to quit the show because he couldn't trust what was going on on the show, And the stone throwing was either very lucky or faked.

Link to his statement http://mosthauntedfaked.blogspot.co.uk/p/conwaygate-thick-plottens.html
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most Haunted was amazing when it was on TV and the Live Shows were a big event for believers or non believers or people in between who enjoyed the show. You also saw great locations and a bit of history. It had a bit of everything.

Bring it back to TV.
  • Options
    marieofromaniamarieofromania Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Conway, The scottish medium said he had to quit the show because he couldn't trust what was going on on the show, And the stone throwing was either very lucky or faked.

Link to his statement http://mosthauntedfaked.blogspot.co.uk/p/conwaygate-thick-plottens.html

Thanks for that. Yes, I think I remember something about it now.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member

Basically, he thinks they were faking it? Well, he would know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Why weren't they allowed to call out? It did put a dampener on proceedings. They also weren't allowed to do the glass thing on the floor or the scrying. I'd be interested to know the reason behind that.

I really don't know. If Really wanted them to do a paranormal investigation then let them investigate :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    For me I prefer the current US import 'Ghost Adventures' - seems to have a bit more authenticity about it. The stuff they capture is pretty good too, and it can freak you out a bit :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    I used to watch Most Haunted all the time, but it began to get boring and daft. The highlight was always Derek being, ahem, possessed. Never failed to get a laugh in my house. I went to see Derek`s live show a few years ago and although he had the gift of the gab, his attempts at contacting the dead were woeful. He was grasping at straws from the very start. Mind you, his Ghost Towns programme was a hoot.

Mate of mine worked on that live show. He had plants in the audience. Fake as f**k.