Matthews supposed fear of Bugs

He didn't have a problem when sitting on the bus and they were all over him. Faker

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    MODRIC14 wrote: »
    He didn't have a problem when sitting on the bus and they were all over him. Faker

I think we've established by now that apart from Mo, David and Lucy - they're ALL playing a game and faking to a certain degree!
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we've established by now that apart from Mo, David and Lucy - they're ALL playing a game and faking to a certain degree!

I think Annabelle is the only one who is truly terrified of everything . I'm just surprised how she hasn't been picked for a BTT .
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    I think Annabelle is the only one who is truly terrified of everything . I'm just surprised how she hasn't been picked for a BTT .

So am I. I thought she would have been chosen tonight. Maybe if the bus segment had been on earlier, she would have been.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Matthew is completely media savvy and passive aggressive. That's clear from his show. The 'terrified act' was for the cameras...as usual. I'm watching the Wright Stuff with Richard Maddeley whilst that plonker's in the jungle as I never usually watch it . Can't stand Matthew Wright as he is so supercilious, bossy, likes the sound of his on voice too much and is always interrupting guests and panellists. He's used to running the show so won't like any dissent on I'm a Celeb. His type never do.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That`s a big statement. When has this been established exactly?

David is playing a different character in the jungle than he portrays in real life, so i`m not sure why he has been excluded from the game player label.

And are you saying that Lucy is the same hard faced bullying bitch in the real world as she is in the show? Because i had assumed she was only acting.:eek:
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to me it was obvious that Matthew felt it would be easier because they worked as a team. to be fair its spiders thats his biggest fear. dong thi kind of thing is a good way to get rid o phobias.
    having said all of that, ITS A GAME, and they are all paying t to win:p
  • KatraKatra Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Matthew is completely media savvy and passive aggressive. That's clear from his show. The 'terrified act' was for the cameras...as usual. I'm watching the Wright Stuff with Richard Maddeley whilst that plonker's in the jungle as I never usually watch it . Can't stand Matthew Wright as he is so supercilious, bossy, likes the sound of his on voice too much and is always interrupting guests and panellists. He's used to running the show so won't like any dissent on I'm a Celeb. His type never do.

I totally disagree. Always watch TWS but find myself turning off with RM running the show - as he constantly interrupts panellists and guests and is far to fond of his own voice. Matthew to win with Lucy as runner up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MODRIC14 wrote: »

Pretty sure he got therapy for his fears the week before heading to Australia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katra wrote: »
    I totally disagree. Always watch TWS but find myself turning off with RM running the show - as he constantly interrupts panellists and guests and is far to fond of his own voice. Matthew to win with Lucy as runner up.

I agree with this, RM has been hideously self-obsessed throughout hosting TWS, he's done more to cement his reputation as the unfortunate inspiration for Alan Partridge than ever before. The anecdotes all about him, oh my God they never end.

And I like Wrighty too. I think he's one of the 'realer' people in there frankly.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was ok on the WS the few times I watched it but can't take to him at all in the jungle . The way he screws up his grey, unshaven face is very offputting and he seems to be always itching for a fight.
    Going on IAC has doen him no favours .
    Forum Member
    Dub2 wrote: »
    And are you saying that Lucy is the same hard faced bullying bitch in the real world as she is in the show? Because i had assumed she was only acting.:eek:
    I don't find her hard-faced and bullying. I see a no-nonsense, lets call a spade a spade kind of person. I meet people like Lucy every day - and I don't think they're bullies at all. They're just ordinary.
  • TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, he's a massive faker! I know people acclimatise to situations, but from crying on day one to the sight of a few bugs, to having a shower of them fall on him without him even grimacing, is too unbelievable.
    Forum Member

I want Matthew out of the jungle asap and back presenting his show - while he still has one left - because Madeley is making such a pig's ear of it in his absence. Does the guy ever shut up and does he have a personal anecdote for everything thats happened in the world at any point now or in history?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    It would be good to see him do some individual trials. I have completely changed my opinion of MW since the jungle. He seems very sulky and controlling, The way he spoke down to Rebecca, then Joey during the cooking of meals is just disgraceful, so patronising. The irony is that if he was watching someone like him, at home- he'd call them up on their behaviour on his blinking show. The number of slurs he gives Jeremy Kyle for how he talks to his guests....MW is just a hypocrite through and through.:rolleyes:
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    op waiting 4 whole years to make their first post :cool:
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

I too prefer The Wright Stuff without Matthew. He really is an obnoxious man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I think they're all playing a game to an extent but it could just be that he'd had therapy and was attempting to dive in at the deep. Personally, I couldn't but more credit to him if he can do.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is entertaining the masses. Well done Matthew. :)
  • carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess this is a little off topic as the question had to do with Matthew's fear of bugs, but I do have to agree with Beetlejuice on the point that Matthew's media savvy. I watch the Wright Stuff from time to time and have always liked the show and admired him as a presenter, but the media savvy thing comes out for me on two things - (i) he actually took a bikini into the jungle and that's got to have been for some camera time (different if he'd grabbed someone else's in the spur of the moment) and (ii) yes, he does go on about his life when gone fishin'.

The point about the bikini shows premeditation (as they may say in an American crime drama) and the fear of critters goes against someone who spends time putting said critters onto fishing rods so that other animals can bite and you can merrily finish them off.

Is he afraid of bugs? Probably not. That doesn't mean he likes them, but, equally, not liking them ain't the same as fearing them.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I thought I'd dislike Matthew then I had a change of heart & actually quite liked him, however over the last couple of eps I've decided I really don't like him at all.

As for his fear of bugs, at first I was convinced he was genuinely terrified but there is no way on this earth he could have coped as well as he did last night if that fear was real, a big fake imo.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^^^^ this - 100 %
  • TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    op waiting 4 whole years to make their first post :cool:

Oh yes. Didn't notice that before. :D

I too prefer The Wright Stuff without Matthew. He really is an obnoxious man.

He's awful. The way he speaks to people that disagree with him when they phone in is awful. He cuts them off sometimes.

Must put some people off ringing in and disagreeing with him. He's just dam right rude. I don't like the way he speaks about sex.

He calls it hiding the sausage.

Vile man, Don't know how he's kept the show for so long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    He is entertaining the masses. Well done Matthew. :)

Not me he isn't - but then I am not one of the masses. I prefer to be an individual :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I fear you are going to be very disappointed :D