shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
Right now due to fire alert presumably!

Comments

• Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't help but giggle, but I hope it's nothing serious.

Shows how professional Lorraine is that she tried to keep going with the interview.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »

Shows how professional Lorraine is that she tried to keep going with the interview.

Yep, loved the "let's carry on regardless" attitude. But you're right, hope it's nothing serious.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I know! The irony! That girl Stephanie from X Factor evicted again!
    They're now rolling out Inside the National Trust as filler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No return to Lorraine today. Harsh exit from National Trust for announcer to apologise and say we'd be back to Lorraine tomorrow.
    Now back on track and into their scheduled trailers/ad breaks out of the scheduled Lorraine slot. Still a few glitches though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lorraine has tweeted.
    @reallorraine: So sorry! We had to evacuate the building. First time in 30 years!
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has ITV hired the Jacket Potato from The One Show?
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what will happen in regards to the scheduled interviews?

Carried over to tomorrow, or will that conflict with their already scheduled guests for tomorrow?

Feel sorry for Steph and Daniel Radcliffe, and obviously Lorraine herself.

I guess somebody burned the fish cakes :D
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll be able to see it on ITV+1 shortly (about 10:10).
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Wonder what will happen in regards to the scheduled interviews?

Carried over to tomorrow, or will that conflict with their already scheduled guests for tomorrow?

Feel sorry for Steph and Daniel Radcliffe, and obviously Lorraine herself.

I guess somebody burned the fish cakes :D

Yeah, Nadia Sawalha :D

Watching now on +1 :p Hillarious :o
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen it I know some knock lorriane but she remained professional. I think some hosts would have flapped around. Stephanie from the X Factor commend her as well, she was calm, especially for sonebody who has only been in limelight for 10 minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me laugh when a fire alarm goes off and people just carry on. Lorraine should have immediately ended what she was doing, apologised to the audience and left the building. Of course she was probably being told what to do by the gallery but a fire alarm should mean an immediate exit from the building.
    She handled it well though.
  • Options
    david04121980david04121980 Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes me laugh when a fire alarm goes off and people just carry on. Lorraine should have immediately ended what she was doing, apologised to the audience and left the building. Of course she was probably being told what to do by the gallery but a fire alarm should mean an immediate exit from the building.

I agree with your comments about the interview should stop immediately, but I guess she has been trained and unless she is told otherwise by people in her ear or on the floor then she has to carry on.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine must have broken wind and everyone had to evacuate the building! ;-)
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posh alarm in ITV towers, never heard an alarm before, which speaks.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unless the building is split into zones and it was only an advisory alarm in their part of the building.

I wonder if the company Safety Officer will have anything to say? Presumably it will have to be recorded in the Safety Log that the company Safety Procedures were not followed which will be picked up when they have their next Safety Audit.

Do they own the building? If they lease the building then the owners might not like one of their tenants ignoring Safety Procedures.
  • Options
    tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    Lorraine has tweeted.
    @reallorraine: So sorry! We had to evacuate the building. First time in 30 years!

Possibly because no one was watching
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member

There are probably two stages to the alarm alert.

1) Acts as a warning to people they may be required to evacuate.
    2) Evacuate.

For example someone may have been filming in a lift with lights which triggers an alarm but the evacuate alarm isn't activated as the lights are switched off, alarm for evacuation not triggered.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are supposed to evacuate when an alarm sounds. There is no 'be prepared' to do so alarm level.

If it was a 'pre-alarm', there would be no sounder going off. Only a message on a fire panel and an alarm in the room which is used for monitoring the alarms.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    You are supposed to evacuate when an alarm sounds. There is no 'be prepared' to do so alarm level.

If it was a 'pre-alarm', there would be no sounder going off. Only a message on a fire panel and an alarm in the room which is used for monitoring the alarms.

I can only say my experience at a TV Studios by the River Thames was different possibly it has changed.
  • Options
    tedjrrtedjrr Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I can only say my experience at a TV Studios by the River Thames was different possibly it has changed.

Usual practice in large buildings is that if two detections (say two smoke heads) registered in a zone, then that zone and the zones around it were intermediately evacuated, the next zones out were alerted.

The only considerations for broadcast studies may be that the stand-by alert messaging could be by lamp rather than announcement, and that you'd normally expect a studio to form a zone. Going to break was the best thing to do!
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7pPKGx2Xy0

They should have a (better) contingency plan (than that), seems to have been made up on the hoof! Dear oh dear. Going straight to a break while they decided if what to do would seem to be the minimum action required.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tedjrr wrote: »
    Usual practice in large buildings is that if two detections (say two smoke heads) registered in a zone, then that zone and the zones around it were intermediately evacuated, the next zones out were alerted.

The only considerations for broadcast studies may be that the stand-by alert messaging could be by lamp rather than announcement, and that you'd normally expect a studio to form a zone. Going to break was the best thing to do!

I'm surprised that an audible alarm is in use in a live TV studio. I do remember that the reason given for an audible system during the One Show incident was that the studio was originally built to be office space as opposed to being used for live television.
    d'@ve wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7pPKGx2Xy0

They should have a (better) contingency plan (than that), seems to have been made up on the hoof! Dear oh dear. Going straight to a break while they decided if what to do would seem to be the minimum action required.

I agree, it was ridiculous to cut to an hour long programme about the National Trust for 5/10 minutes!

Did anybody else notice that, after the ads that would have been shown after 'Lorraine', there was a black screen for a while. You could then see an interruption to the feed before normal programming resumed.

I thought that there was no longer any switching required between the end of the breakfast franchise and the start of ITV (at the beginning the reason that TV-AM used to finish at 9:25 am and ITV started at 9:30am was to accommodate this procedure) :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it again the alarm says the building is being evacuated, it is obvious Lorraine is taking instruction from the gallery who are telling her to carry on. In reality the minutes wasted by continuing could have cost lives if there was a fire in the building. Totally not Lorraine's fault but for the sake of entertainment she was made to carry on without knowing what was going on. She should have been told to cut to an ad break straight away.

As for the replacement programme, totally mad to have that as a back up. Surely they have 5 minute programmes to fill those kind of gaps.
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what did itv show between 0910- 0925 ?
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As for the replacement programme, totally mad to have that as a back up. Surely they have 5 minute programmes to fill those kind of gaps.

They also cut out of it too early for the 9:20 ad break, leaving a long blank screen after the ads until exactly 9:25 when normal service resumed.