Fleur has always been 'The Chosen One' ...from around Week 6

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    The question is do we think the favouritism might actually backkfire and cost her. Would be good if someone put up a poll regarding this?

She was clearly not favoured early on, i would say the Thriller week is when it starting getting blatant.

And for those Fleur fans that think this is all some sort of witchhunt, why are we not seeing the same comments coming time and time again regarding Andrea, Ben & Lauren getting special treatment - why? because they haven't had it. It is not a coincidence that SO MANY people have this opinion.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I really don't think fleur fanbois who have been using terms like "visionary", describing every performance as flawless and making her out to be Alicia keys, beyonce, whitney and janet Jackson rolled into one should be trying to take any sort of moral high ground about the lack of reasoned or rational debate about her time on the show
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS is probably not even 1% of the public voting, alot of people vote for who they think was the best without reading any forums. So its difficult to know how its going to go. I can concur that no one on DS will be voting for Fleur, coz shes the chosen one, but I honestly think Ben is.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's put it this way, if people did'nt like Fleur then they would'nt have voted for her every week, and she would'nt be in the final. No matter what SC has to say, no one is forced to vote, and people do have minds of their own.
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's put it this way, if people did'nt like Fleur then they would'nt have voted for her every week, and she would'nt be in the final. No matter what SC has to say, no one is forced to vote, and people do have minds of their own.

You misunderstand - there are plenty people who don't have their own mind and are told what to like. It's called marketing! And there is no doubt Fleur has been marketed to death. Not her fault of course.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    And Fleur has never been in the bottom two either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member

You just don't seem to get it do you Jeref?? Yawn..............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You misunderstand - there are plenty people who don't have their own mind and are told what to like. It's called marketing! And there is no doubt Fleur has been marketed to death. Not her fault of course.

In fairness, they're ALL being marketed. Just in different ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just don't seem to get it do you Jeref?? Yawn..............

Oh, i most certainly do. It's just some others on here that dont.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quick Call Ofcom, Andrea and Ben are all over papers today on their buses, NO mention of Fleur, has she been thrown under the bus? No pun intended
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quick Call Ofcom, Andrea and Ben are all over papers today on their buses, NO mention of Fleur, has she been thrown under the bus? No pun intended

it isnt her homecoming today thats why and I hope Simon is with Ben tonight at Croydon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough Hannah.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jayceegee wrote: »
    In fairness, they're ALL being marketed. Just in different ways.

Very true - and Andrea is getting the very thin end of the wedge. I imagine there's only a limited audience who enjoys grown men acting like little camp boys.
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are correct in your observations. A well meaning thread is taken over by side trackers.

Absolutely. People are disagreeing without giving a rational argument as to why, and the excuses for it are already popping up. 'Fleur fans have been saying *insert hyperbole here* so can't take the moral high ground' is an especially hilarious one, as though we're one homogeneous group.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Fleur and this thread wasn't intended to be a Fleur fans vs Fleur bashers argument.

I'll be the first to admit that Cowell wants her to win and has done for the past few weeks but my point is that she got to that point more or less on her own devices. She had barely featured before then and Stereo Kicks / Lauren / Stevi / Andrea recieved far more coverage.

The last few weeks on this forum have been mostly Fleur based threads, and thinking back to the first month or so...there was literally nothing on her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I love Fleur and this thread wasn't intended to be a Fleur fans vs Fleur bashers argument.

I'll be the first to admit that Cowell wants her to win and has done for the past few weeks but my point is that she got to that point more or less on her own devices. She had barely featured before then and Stereo Kicks / Lauren / Stevi / Andrea recieved far more coverage.

The last few weeks on this forum have been mostly Fleur based threads, and thinking back to the first month or so...there was literally nothing on her.

I know that your intentions were well meaning. Although i am a big Fleur fan i have just posted a thread regarding Andrea, so it will be interesting to see what happens on this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing I like about Fleur is her essence to fight for her place, she could be like everyone else and just stand and sing something, but she chose to push herself. She never expected to get to the final - her reaction was priceless.

she has a great attitude, shes fought every week, shes humble and she has good humour. Some of the contestants have not even tried to bring it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your definition of fought? Nobody has deliberately done badly to lose their place.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Thing I like about Fleur is her essence to fight for her place, she could be like everyone else and just stand and sing something, but she chose to push herself. She never expected to get to the final - her reaction was priceless.

she has a great attitude, shes fought every week, shes humble and she has good humour. Some of the contestants have not even tried to bring it.

I agree with all of that, Fleur just knocks every other act out of the water,imo.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D

Someone is taking the ****.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your definition of fought? Nobody has deliberately done badly to lose their place.

My definition, is the risks she takes, massive choreography, Song choices that havent even been released. Im not saying that people have deliberately done badly but theyre not like exactly thinking outside the box when it comes to there performances.
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Lauren was ever the chosen one which she wasnt then id like to go back to the time she was
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Someone is taking the ****.

And they wonder why so many love Fleur! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cara do you know Fleur or work backstage,

is she horrible then? right diva is she?
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    My definition, is the risks she takes, massive choreography, Song choices that havent even been released. Im not saying that people have deliberately done badly but theyre not like exactly thinking outside the box when it comes to there performances.

no offence but you really need to get some perspective

do you really think she has any choice about what she sings , what choreography she does, what her styling is , she isn't taking any risks as all those decisions are made by other people ...