Options

For those Leaving Three's One plan

SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
Forum Member
Not long until I get the message telling me my time is up...

I was thinking of speaking with them and negotiating, however I realise there are now some excellent plans out there on the other networks and from what I read Three don't value customer loyalty.

I thought it would be a good idea for those who have (or will be shortly) leaving the One plan to tell us what they have found out there that is comparable. I do use tethering for my tablet so at least 10 gig of tethering allowance is important I think.

I am paying £15 a month (plus another £2 or so for sending picture messages).

Links to what you have found would be a help to everyone I think.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    I moved to EE a week ago.

£27.98 per month, for a SIM Only/12 month contract, that gives me unlimited minutes, texts & 0800 calls and 10GB of data to use as I choose.

I went through mobilephonesdirect.co.uk for an offer of £156 cashback, which means that my average spend is still £15 per month.
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I moved to EE a week ago.

£27.98 per month, for a SIM Only/12 month contract, that gives me unlimited minutes, texts & 0800 calls and 10GB of data to use as I choose.

I went through mobilephonesdirect.co.uk for an offer of £156 cashback, which means that my average spend is still £15 per month.

Although those cashback deals can be quite finnicky and they'll find any excuse not to pay out if you haven't sent them every bill and your life's history etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »
    Although those cashback deals can be quite finnicky and they'll find any excuse not to pay out if you haven't sent them every bill and your life's history etc

Agreed & understood.

I've already set reminders for the relevant dates & times to submit my bills.
  • Options
    huwdwhuwdw Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really with EE had more flexible plans. I want the 10GB of data but not necessarily the unlimited minutes...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    huwdw wrote: »
    I really with EE had more flexible plans. I want the 10GB of data but not necessarily the unlimited minutes...

Get a mifi with the relevant data allowances

Out of interest, do you need lots of data or just want it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Does EE hard cap you when you hit 10GB, or do they just keep billing?
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeMC wrote: »
    Does EE hard cap you when you hit 10GB, or do they just keep billing?

Hard cap, with the option to buy more data.
  • Options
    huwdwhuwdw Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get a mifi with the relevant data allowances

Out of interest, do you need lots of data or just want it?

I use about 4-5Gb a month so in theory could get away with a cheaper tariff but the point still stands, it would be nice of them to offer tariffs with less minutes at a cheaper price but retaining the data element.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    huwdw wrote: »
    I use about 4-5Gb a month so in theory could get away with a cheaper tariff but the point still stands, it would be nice of them to offer tariffs with less minutes at a cheaper price but retaining the data element.

I agree.

I've come from 3's unlimited data and unlimited tethering to an EE tariff with 10 gig each month.l (2.5 gig per week).

I've not changed my usage deliberately, to see how much I actually use and I'm averaging out about 125 Mb per day/875 Mb per week, so I'm not getting close to my weekly 'allowance', but I guess it's nice to know that I've got some in reserve, should I need it.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I joined the One Plan mainly for unlimited tethering, so at the moment I intend to signup to EE's 15GB mobile broadband plan for £20/month on a 30 day rolling contract, unless a better deal emerges in the next 2 months, which is unlikely.

I would have stayed with Three, but their 15GB mobile broadband plan for £19.99/month is on a 24 month contract instead of a 30 day rolling contract. If it was a 12 month contract then maybe id join since I might be eligible for a discount being an ex customer, but 2 years is just too long to be committed because if there are any increases to data allowances within the next 2 years they'll only give that to new customers, not current customers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be leaving for EE in April i have been testing with the new EE limted 100gb sim and have been impressed with the coverage and speed.Being able to use 4G in more areas at fast speeds with 2G fall back EE seems to of invested money into the network and it shows this is a deal breaker for me.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be leaving for EE in April i have been testing with the new EE limted 100gb sim and have been impressed with the coverage and speed.Being able to use 4G in more areas at fast speeds with 2G fall back EE seems to of invested money into the network and it shows this is a deal breaker for me.

What EE plan would you move to? the 100GB sim is all well and good for free, but have you chosen an EE plan or are you waiting to see what they bring out next year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just checked my usage for last 8 days (actually, although I received my EE SIM 9
    days ago on the Friday, I only started using it last Monday once my number ported across successfully).

I've used the grand sum of... 414Mb.

So that's 414Mb used over 7 days, which equates to 59Mb per day, which over a 31 day month will be circa 1900 MBP (out of my 10 gig allowance).

So yes, nice to have unlimited data and tethering, but did I genuinely *need* it?

Clearly not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    What EE plan would you move to? the 100GB sim is all well and good for free, but have you chosen an EE plan or are you waiting to see what they bring out next year?

I am going to see what happens next year with their plans.But the 10Gb plan will be good enough for me to be honest.
  • Options
    AJ2001AJ2001 Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the One plan. Will leave at the end of the month, but because Three ' s offer on High End Lumias doesn't exist. From my LM920 i would have to "downgrade" to a Lumia 730.
    Moving to EE, will pay more for less data but at least I will get the phone I want. It also turns out that, between wifi and cellular data , i use 8.5GB. The EE 10 gb plan from EE wil do nicely.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    On Three I was shovelling 20-30GB a month. However this has been down mainly to me not using the WiFi at home and out and about as I didn't need to. I also found myself running streaming TV like Sky Go for longer as I didn't need to worry.

However, even though I have the 3 month unlimited data test drive on Vodafone, I've turned on WiFi and used that where I can. Also used Sky Go for what I actually want to watch and overall in the last 12 days I've used 600MB mobile data. Equates to about 2GB in a month.

I chose the 3GB sim only plan as it comes with 6 months free Netflix (am already a subscriber) and was planning on moving up to the 6GB or 10GB plan once the 3 months are up, however if my usage stats the same I'll probably stay on this plan.

Part of me says "rinse the shit out of the test drive", but that's not going to help me get to a real world figure.

So Three have done me a favour as I could be £8 a month better off (plus 6 months free Netflix)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Hard cap, with the option to buy more data.

What does the extra data cost on contact?

PAYG go seems to be limited to 1GB increments ate £7.50?

I prefer not to have a contract as I travel a lot and don't want to be stung by a 5k bill if my phone gets stolen overseas.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeMC wrote: »
    What does the extra data cost on contact?

PAYG go seems to be limited to 1GB increments ate £7.50?

I prefer not to have a contract as I travel a lot and don't want to be stung by a 5k bill if my phone gets stolen overseas.

Here's the prices for adding more data, if you use up your allowance.

On contract:
    100MB for 1 day - £1.99
    1GB for 1 week - £5.99
    10GB for rest of the billing cycle - £15.99

On pay as you go:
    100MB - £1 (Expires after 7 Days)
    500MB - £3 (7 Days)
    500MB - £5 (30 Days)
    1GB - £7.50 (30 Days)
  • Options
    Ben_FisherBen_Fisher Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of moving to EE next year when my One plan runs out (May).
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    Ben_Fisher wrote: »
    I'm thinking of moving to EE next year when my One plan runs out (May).

I'm thinking of moving to EE next month, just trying to make contact with someone who I used to work with (that still works for EE, everyone seems to have left after the merger) to get a F&F discount for the line.
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    It looks like I have been well and truly spoiled by the One plan and its going to take some big adjustments to my phone usage when I come off the plan. Those data prices...ouch!