Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A girl I'm friends with posts about a dozen pictures of strange objects available for purchase that have anime character faces on them, almost invariably captioned "WANT :-P".
    I feel like saying - go freaking buy them then and shut up about it. I've hidden her from my page, but she's quite funny to read up on because she comes away with some belters at times.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I hate fraping so much! I dont understand the point of it. All anyone ever does is write statuses about being gay. Thats all it ever is so you know its a frape. I dont get the point of it at all or see how its funny.

I think fraping is OK if you're imaginative with it and don't just go with the usual gay ones.

I always thought that rather than fraping it's better to mess around with their settings and change it so that nobody can actually see their posts. Bet they'd spend days wondering why nobody was liking or replying to any of their statuses.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    I think fraping is OK if you're imaginative with it and don't just go with the usual gay ones.

I always thought that rather than fraping it's better to mess around with their settings and change it so that nobody can actually see their posts. Bet they'd spend days wondering why nobody was liking or replying to any of their statuses.

Thats funnier than the usual im gay themed statuses i see every day.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    My best friend showed me a picture that one of her friends had uploaded of her toddler son's first huge poo in his potty! Whilst I'm sure she was very proud of her son, why she felt the need to show everybody on Facebook I do not know. >.<

I maintain that FB should have a special baby/NCT sub feed whereby all that kind of thing only gets sent to other parents of young children. On manic days I only get to look at FB at lunchtime..and I wielded the 'unfriend' axe on someone who posted a pic of her little soldier wincing on the toilet. Nice. 'What's wrong with you?' I thought.
    One of my friends has shared a picture that reads:

"Dear Santa, this year for Christmas I would like an iPod, some money, a new laptop, a TV...... no wait, forget that.

Get in your sleigh, go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait and get all the soldiers and bring them home. They deserve to be with their families on Christmas. Share this to show respect for the soldiers who won't be coming home for Christmas. If you don't share, I understand. You can't spend six seconds of your life to support our soldiers."

Urgh.

I get those a lot. I simply reply "It's their career choice". I'm not usually that blunt but I will not be guilt-tripped into wishing things for the armed forces when they've chosen that life. It's ridiculous.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a status complaining about people not responding to their messages. "Why have an inbox if you don't respond to your messages"

Said person has an event coming soon and I've witnessed blatant begging for people to come.

Whilst I agree with that status on some level, it's not going to get people to respond to your messages quicker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I used to be friends with a bloke who was batting well above his average when it came to his girlfriend.

We were treated to about 25-30 status updates every day and each one was about her.

6:00pm "Just been shopping with my lovely girlfriend"
    6:10pm "Cooking dinner for my beautiful girlfriend"
    6:30pm "Eating dinner with my wonderful girlfriend"
    6:45pm "Girlfriend has gone to the toilet, I miss her so much. Can't wait to see her again!"
    6:55pm "Yay, girlfriend is back!"

etc, etc.

One day he disappeared off Facebook. Apparently she kicked him into touch in spectacular fashion; can't imagine why.

6.45 to 6.55 ... Probably dumped him for tell FB she had just done a poop !
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " If your gonna mock me or take the ****ing piss out of me do it to my face!. You know who you are "

Puerile.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " So, I had a date up in Kilkenny today....And it went really well :-D...I can't wait to go on another date with him :-) "

I hope the date feels the same way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Ambulance time :('
    Then the usual responses of 'what's up?' 'What the hells happened hun'
    Then from the owner of the profile. 'My son has just jumped on my daughter and she's flat on her back screaming' really?! Instead of posting it on facebook call the ambulance and deal with your child who is in agony!! Unbelievable!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a copied and pasted status a while ago, moaning about people who don't work and live off benefits at the taxpayers' expense. The poster has recently quit her job and is openly enjoying government handouts. Four out of five of her children have never worked in their lives, preferring to breed in order to get various benefits, a bigger free house than the one they're already not paying for and, in one case, a car! The hypocrisy...
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread, some real crackers :D
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I love this thread, some real crackers :D

same here!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I maintain that FB should have a special baby/NCT sub feed whereby all that kind of thing only gets sent to other parents of young children. On manic days I only get to look at FB at lunchtime..and I wielded the 'unfriend' axe on someone who posted a pic of her little soldier wincing on the toilet. Nice. 'What's wrong with you?' I thought.

My friend did the same. Someone commented on her photo ' he is going to thank you for putting that on facebook when he is older' ! She still didnt get the hint and take the hoto off. Why would you put a photo of your son having a poo on facebook??

She also puts loads of photos of her mums grave. What does she want people to comment???
    Is so attention seeking!
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are weird and needy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are weird and needy.

so it would seem!:eek::o

still makes for an interesting thread though:D
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    so it would seem!:eek::o

still makes for an interesting thread though:D

Yeah :D My facebook is pretty quiet lately :D
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of these 'adults' sound very infantilised. It's a worrying 'tip of the iceberg' prospect in terms of society's future prosperity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah :D My facebook is pretty quiet lately :D

mine is pretty dull, :o:p
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    mine is pretty dull, :o:p

My life must be duller still as I don't use Facebook :(
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Not a status but it annoys me. I recently added a girl from work on fb and that was fine. Then she got a bf who couldnt be bothered to make his own fb but liked playing the games so she changed her name and they have a joint account like sallyben smithjones. Obviously not that name but you get the idea! Its frustrating because one will comment and all her friends will reply and she will say oh that wasnt me it was ben. So he will write that hes planning on going out fri night and all her girl friends start planning a girly night out then find out its him.

Ive noticed others are starting to do it to. They think its romantic but to me it just screams out i dont trust my partner to have their own facebook so at least this way i can read their messages!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Saw this one earlier....seriously why bother?

Hello, my name is DRUGS - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold. and if u need me, remember I'm easily found, I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me you'll see, but if you do, you may NEVER break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in my arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you m...y ways. I take kid
    s f...
    rom parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything... your family, your home... your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, LET ME LEAD YOU TO HELL.
    If you think this could help someone somewhere why don't you do what I have just done and copy and paste.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hello, my name is DRUGS - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds,...................

(cut long post)

.............Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, LET ME LEAD YOU TO HELL.
    If you think this could help someone somewhere why don't you do what I have just done and copy and paste.

well thats me convinced - i'll never do drugs now!! (christ...)
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hello, my name is DRUGS - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold. and if u need me, remember I'm easily found, I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me you'll see, but if you do, you may NEVER break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in my arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you m...y ways. I take kid
    s f...
    rom parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything... your family, your home... your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, LET ME LEAD YOU TO HELL.

What a load of s*it! Scaremongering bollocks, the kind of thing I hate on Facebook
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw one the other day that was similar to ones that have already been mentioned - the message was something like "Like this to show your support. Keep scrolling if you don't have a heart".
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member

Hello, my name is DRUGS - (snip) Come take my hand, LET ME LEAD YOU TO HELL.

Even worse is this one:

My name is Summer, I am 15 years old. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. I have no nose or ears, my bo.
    dy is covered with scars. Didn't I tell you I'm dead. My dad..killed me with a kitchen knife in the year 2001. If you do not post this on t......o 10 other pages or groups in the..next 15 minutes, I will...... appear tonight by your bed with the kitchen knife that killed me, and I will kill you....No matter how old you are - I WILL murder you. It's up to you if you re-post thisor not, but this is no lie. This is FOR REAL! Now, copy this and pasteit onto the walls of 10 other pages or groups Your time is runninSee more This isn't fake. if you copy and paste this to ten pages in the next ten minutes u will have the best day of your life tomorrow. U will either get kissed or asked out, if you break this chain u will see a little dead girl in your room tonight. In 53 mins someone will say I love you or I'm sorry or I want to go out with you.

What a load of w*nk! And why anyone would follow the instructions and c&p it as their status is just unbelievable! :rolleyes: Some people really are thick (OK, I've copied and pasted it here, but I'd never perpetuate it on FB!)
This discussion has been closed.