Comments

• DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Would like to see it brought back, however C4 dumped it because ratingswise it wasn't worth it.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    This actually has a chance of working with Radio Times involved. Free publicity sounds right up Channel 4's street. But only if they can get the rights cheaply and it'll probably be out of primetime.

One stumbling block could be the fact that More4 has recently rebranded as a 99% C4 repeats channel. Not sure how well The Daily Show will fair sat alongside endless repeats of Grand Designs, Kirsty and Phil and Come Dine with Me. On paper they don't sound too compatible.

At least last time it had a half relevant lead-in of sorts from the now defunct More4 News.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Surely the natural home for it would be on Comedy Central as it's a Comedy Central programme, would love to see The Colbert Report on there too.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    not going to work, but I guess it can't hurt either
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted yes but Real Time with Bill Maher is ten times funnier and way more informed than The Daily Show. Sorry. :o
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for never going to work as well but still, worth a vote.

I still watch it regularly anyway, but it would be nice to see it on a UK channel. The only reason I can see that Comedy Central don't pick it up is that Channel 4 are retaining the rights to it.
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bottom line is, I think, cost. The ratio of what it costs, plus getting it in daily doesn't equate to the number of viewers it'd pull in..
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bottom line is, I think, cost. The ratio of what it costs, plus getting it in daily doesn't equate to the number of viewers it'd pull in..

Which is why it's unusual that Comedy Central UK don't pick it up - I can't imagine that it would cost them a great deal to obtain the rights considering it's the same company.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is why it's unusual that Comedy Central UK don't pick it up - I can't imagine that it would cost them a great deal to obtain the rights considering it's the same company.

They’d probably get it cheap, but I suspect that the harsh truth is that a re-run of some random sitcom like Scrubs or Two and a Half Men will get more viewers and is less effort (remember with The Daily Show they have to receive and edit it every day before they can broadcast it).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Would love to see daily show and Colbert report come on Comedy Central as then hopefully they wont keep editing out scenes as More4 did....

But unfortunately I doubt it would happen within the foreseeable future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    How bad were the daily show ratings? MORE4 seems to show Come Dine With Me and housing show repeats all the time, surely the channel can't get huge ratings.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    AJW210892 wrote: »
    How bad were the daily show ratings? MORE4 seems to show Come Dine With Me and housing show repeats all the time, surely the channel can't get huge ratings.
    Around 100,000. Grand Designs which replaced it early on got about 3 or 4 times that.